• Total Posts : 164
2011/05/17 23:53:16 (permalink)

Removed.... Needs more work.
post edited by Serious Noize! - 2011/05/20 10:21:54

12 Replies Related Threads

Serious Noize!
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 00:47:25 (permalink)
    Dang, One RUFF take and I'm behind the WOOD SHED! 

Serious Noize!
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 01:02:41 (permalink)
    Serious Noize!

Dang, One RUFF take and I'm behind the WOOD SHED! 

I'm just kidding of course!

mgh
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8594
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 04:06:43 (permalink)
    this will make a great track behind some vocals. i like the guitar from 0'45. of course the mix is a rough one so i won't comment on that, but i like the different dynamics you have worked into this one...now try and get a different tempo in there in the (yet to come) mid-section - if there's one crit of your stuff Bobby it's that things tend to be a bit one-paced/volumed throughout...whereas here you have the clean/heavy thing going on....(lead guitar is out of tune...)
    as i say, expand on the clean verse/chorus thing, add a different lead break, build up the chorus for the ending...assuming a decent vocalist...could be a winner!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
    morenoise
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 12:02:33 (permalink)
    Hi Bobby, if you would combine the clean tone and bends like you did on Georgia Line and the distorted lead  you use in this one, you would have a really interesting tune imho.

Greetings, Rik
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 15:20:53 (permalink)
    Sounds like it could be a winner, depending on what the vocals bring.  I guess it's hard to say much else - you've acknowledged that the mix is incomplete, but I'd just add that it already sounds pretty good.  That said, even on a rough-mix basis, I'd bring the lead guitar down a notch or two as it's drowning out the rest of the song, and I'd bring the bass up a touch (but I'm a bassist, so take that for what it's worth ).

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

radio
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2782
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 15:30:14 (permalink)

Hi Bobby ! Sounds like a song I did back in the mid 90's , I like it but heres my thoughts .
    I'm not going to reach for a snake out of my bag of what -the -hell do I know but something like some vocals up front and maybe something behind what you are playing would sound cool .

Sounds like your right on track as a WIP , can't wait to hear the next version .

Cheers!
     Radio

Serious Noize!
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 23:41:19 (permalink)
    mgh

this will make a great track behind some vocals. i like the guitar from 0'45. of course the mix is a rough one so i won't comment on that, but i like the different dynamics you have worked into this one...now try and get a different tempo in there in the (yet to come) mid-section - if there's one crit of your stuff Bobby it's that things tend to be a bit one-paced/volumed throughout...whereas here you have the clean/heavy thing going on....(lead guitar is out of tune...)
    as i say, expand on the clean verse/chorus thing, add a different lead break, build up the chorus for the ending...assuming a decent vocalist...could be a winner!

Thanks, I have words for it, they were written a long time ago. I think I'll add them to the original post. LOL, you caught that on the lead, I was trying to figure out what I done originally on a 4 track many years ago. I have a mixdown of that and the master cassette tapes but sadly nothing to play or work with the masters with. That's probably a good thing, the original version was so out of whack it's funny to listen to now.

Not sure where this one will end up. We shall see.

Thanks again

Serious Noize!
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 23:43:54 (permalink)
    morenoise

Hi Bobby, if you would combine the clean tone and bends like you did on Georgia Line and the distorted lead  you use in this one, you would have a really interesting tune imho.

Greetings, Rik

Thanks, that's a great idea. I've gotten so used to recording distorted guitar that I don't think of those type of things. Thanks, I"ll give that a try, that's one reason I posted such a ruff sounding track, I'm out of my element here.

I have words, but I done this originally strumming on an acoustic, although I later got a 4 track cassette recorder I had for a few months and laid down a few tracks for this many years ago, it's hard trying to recreate a vibe on a tune, at least for me anyway.

Thanks for the critic, I'll give that a try and it's sure to help. I don't always think of these things recording rock music.

Thanks again

Serious Noize!
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 23:47:08 (permalink)
    cryophonik

Sounds like it could be a winner, depending on what the vocals bring.  I guess it's hard to say much else - you've acknowledged that the mix is incomplete, but I'd just add that it already sounds pretty good.  That said, even on a rough-mix basis, I'd bring the lead guitar down a notch or two as it's drowning out the rest of the song, and I'd bring the bass up a touch (but I'm a bassist, so take that for what it's worth ).

Thank you, I think your spot on about the bass. Perhaps a cleaner tone and a bit more volume on the bass? That's what I'm thinking.

It all seems to sound garbled to me when listening to it on the cake software, the more I adjust volume levels the more I realize I'm working my way toward the sound of nothing. :-) 

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I go back and forth on the bass, sometimes it sounds better playing with a guitar pick for consistency, and other times depending on the tune it sounds better being played with my fingers giving it more thump. This is where I go to la la land on the bass, I'm not a bassist and mostly follow what I can. Maybe I'll get it worked out for this one. For some reason I've always liked my words on this tune.

Thanks again

Serious Noize!
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/18 23:49:41 (permalink)
    radio

Hi Bobby ! Sounds like a song I did back in the mid 90's , I like it but heres my thoughts .
    I'm not going to reach for a snake out of my bag of what -the -hell do I know but something like some vocals up front and maybe something behind what you are playing would sound cool .

Sounds like your right on track as a WIP , can't wait to hear the next version .

Cheers!
     Radio

Thanks James, yeah it needs vox. I can try and add those but I'm so inconsistent or should I say "Not a talented recoding artist" that I am afraid to try anymore.

I'm going to add the words to the first post either way, should be good for a laugh.  When I wrote this I had only played guitar for like a year or two, then I got out of it and got back into it the last 3 years or so, or I should say been trying to do so. I need to practice, but in a strange way, recording is practice for me.

Thanks Again

Serious Noize!
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/19 23:44:55 (permalink)
    Just wanted to say that I posted an update to this tune. I'm still working on it and it's still ruff. Maybe I can get some vox added in the future. There are two versions posted right now.

The link is in the first post in this thread.  And the new info. on the newer version can be found in the first post in this thread. Thanks for taking the time,

Bobby - Serious Noize!

Bob Oister
    Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2766
    Re:Travel Down The Highway 2011/05/20 02:36:16 (permalink)
    Hi, Bobby,

This (version 2) really sounds great!

Really nice playing and rock tone, I particularly like the clean verses, and the handclaps were a neat accent feature.  You've got a nice smooth, wide mix, too.

Nice work, Bobby!
    Bob
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1