1987 to 2011: A broad and hearty Thank You

Author
Tallsomeone
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2011/01/27 15:54:20 (permalink)

1987 to 2011: A broad and hearty Thank You

The guy to the left in the picture looked at me last night as I jumped with joy at the comprehensive technical meal that is Samplitude 11 and said, with his kind eyes, "Now, be kind to those who got you here."

He is right.  From Greg H. on through the ones who come here and listen to feedback, to the programmers unknown and the whole historical crew at Twelve Tone/Cakewalk: Thank You.  It has been amazing.  You have supported, via your technology, my greatest creative dreams in music.  This was a revolution, this PC recording thing.  It took us from multitrack tape laborers to click and drag wiz-kids.  When digital audio came into practical play, you gave us wings, Cakewalk.  You weren't the only product out there, but you were what I chose, and I bragged you up with pride and substance.

Thank you!  I'm going to try this Samplitude/Sequoia path simply because my technical yearnings pull me there (and because it, like Sonar, works well most of the time).  It just has qualities that grab my energy, and that is not insult to Sonar.  I like complicated things and endless functionality.  Well, on some days I don't, and Sonar is elegant!

If any others here are really feeling a need to try something else, and you like your soup detailed and complex, try Samplitube 11.  I had my doubts, but like the Sound On Sound reviewer of Samplitube 11 said, and I paraphrase, "Many of my studio friends have gone to it and I've noted that they have not moved on or elsewhere since trying it."

2 Replies Related Threads

DeeS
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 228
    Re:1987 to 2011: A broad and hearty Thank You 2011/01/27 16:17:51 (permalink)
    Good Luck,
    If you've got 6 big bills that I can have I'll go with you.

Vista Business x64 Service pack 2 - Intel Xeon X5472 @ 3.0 GHz processors (2) Quad Core - 8.0 GB ram  -  Creative SB X-Fi  -  Nvidia Quadro 5600  -  Sonar 8.5 & X1a Producer
    The problem with perfection is that it has no limits. Normally, once you obtain perfection, you realize how it could be better. David Gibson - The Art of Mixing
    Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:1987 to 2011: A broad and hearty Thank You 2011/01/27 17:24:25 (permalink)
    everyone should use what is best for them.  I love sonar but it's the only full DAW I have used.  I've used Magix and Abelton Live and ProTools M-powered but sonar was the only one I have purchased the top of the line product for.

I hope you find what you are looking for!  everyone deserves to be able to find his own path and work with the tools which are best for him!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1