1st Personality Picture Test (a 2nd to come)

Author
peggysuechan
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 581
2009/01/16 17:12:18 (permalink)

1st Personality Picture Test (a 2nd to come)

So who are we all really, anyway? To find out, choose one of nine pictures. [How about reporting your results here to us, too? I'm curious to see if a common musician personality surfaces.]

These two links are the same test, an older version and a newer, updated one. You might like to ascertain the validity of your choice by taking both tests.

older version
newer version
post edited by peggysuechan - 2009/01/16 19:40:49

10 Replies Related Threads

mcourter
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3442
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/16 17:21:09 (permalink)
    High Sensation Seeking (HSS) means that you really enjoy high-energy, thrill-seeking kinds of activities. You seldom follow the crowd. Your idea of a good time is a thrilling emotional experience that challenges you to the max. Because you seek out high-energy experiences, other people probably think of you as a risk-taker. The people in your life may admire you as an avant-guard, leading-edge kind of individual who is likely to be tuned into new trends ahead of the curve. People are drawn to your adventurous spirit.

Hmm. And I thought I was a thoroughly domesticated stay at home to play guitar type

A few guitars, a couple of basses, a MIDI controller, a mandolin, a banjo, a mic, PodFarm2
    Unbridled Enthusiasm
     My music: www.Soundclick.com/markcourter
    OldGeezer
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/16 17:25:02 (permalink)
    Same result here....what a load of crap. I really do wish I could say it was true, but it's a load of crap.
    Garry Stubbs
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2619
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/16 17:48:53 (permalink)
    Extroverted Personality Style (EPS) means that your preferred role is "life of the party." You actively seek out other people, and are at your best in social situations in which you can meet new people and bring other people together. People who know you are drawn to your genuine interest in other people. In that way, you are probably the ultimate "people person."

I can live with that....... In fact a few of us had a great forum party I suggested a few weeks ago, although I can be just as happy in my own company for days at a time. Not really sure what is in these things - does it really matter?

Garry Kiosk
    post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2009/01/16 17:54:34

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    Spaceduck
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2499
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/16 18:00:03 (permalink)
    Old version...
    Introspective
    Sensitive
    Reflective

You come to grips more frequently and thoroughly with yourself and your environment than do most people. You detest superficiality; you'd rather be alone than have to suffer through small talk. But your relationships with your friends are highly intensive, which gives you the inner tranquility and harmony that you need in order to feel good. You do not mind being alone for extended periods of time; you rarely become bored.

That pretty much nailed it except for the part about friends. It couldn't have been more wrong about that!

New version... told me some hogwash about "Low Sensation Seeking (LSS)". I think the new test is flawed because the pictures represent symbols which influence our choices. For example, I picked the "sunset & shadow" pic because it reminded me of a cool scifi movie I saw the other night. I came close to picking the turtle one because I once had a pet turtle.

I think the 1st test is more valid because all the pics are abstract. So we choose based on colours & shapes, which is what the test keys on, right? Anyway, cool stuff. Thanks for posting it!

Spaceduck music [HERE]
    Spaceduck videos [HERE]
    Marah Mag
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1000
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/16 18:58:28 (permalink)
    This is what I got for the older test:

Independent
    Unconventional
    Unfettered

You demand a free and unattached life for yourself that allows you to determine your own course. You have an artistic bent in your work or leisure activities. Your urge for freedom sometimes causes you to do exactly the opposite of what expected of you.

Your lifestyle is highly individualistic. You would never blindly imitate what is "in"; on the contrary, you seek to live according to your own ideas and convictions, even if this means swimming against the tide.

And this from the newer:

Introverted Personality Style

Introverted Personality Style (IPS) means that your predominant inclination is to follow your inner thoughts, feelings, and motivations. People who know you may think of you as a person in whom "still waters run deep." While you probably tend to stay away from situations that require you to talk with people you have never met, you can do it when necessary. People who know you may say that you are difficult to get to know, but those who do get close to you discover that you can talk for hours about your rich inner world.

ORIGINAL: Spaceduck

I think the new test is flawed because the pictures represent symbols which influence our choices.

[snip].

I think the 1st test is more valid because all the pics are abstract.

I think so too.

forumuser
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 111
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/16 19:00:48 (permalink)
    Introspective
    Sensitive
    Reflective

I agree with Spaceduck. The symbols are too tilted. The yin/yang symbol is too obvious.
    space_cowboy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/17 10:50:39 (permalink)
    There are no homicidal megalomaniac outcomes. It cannot be unbiased. What would Jim Jones or Chuckie Manson's outcome have been?

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    thegeek
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 631
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/17 14:13:05 (permalink)
    1st test
    Introspective
    Sensitive
    Reflective

introspective

You come to grips more frequently and thoroughly with yourself and your environment than do most people. You detest superficiality; you'd rather be alone than have to suffer through small talk. But your relationships with your friends are highly intensive, which gives you the inner tranquility and harmony that you need in order to feel good. You do not mind being alone for extended periods of time; you rarely become bored.

2nd test
    TYPE 5

High Sensation Seeking

High Sensation Seeking (HSS) means that you really enjoy high-energy, thrill-seeking kinds of activities. You seldom follow the crowd. Your idea of a good time is a thrilling emotional experience that challenges you to the max. Because you seek out high-energy experiences, other people probably think of you as a risk-taker. The people in your life may admire you as an avant-guard, leading-edge kind of individual who is likely to be tuned into new trends ahead of the curve. People are drawn to your adventurous spirit.

In both results I have "bolded" the phrases that are indeed spot on...but hey who would admit otherwise,right?
    LanceJ
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 331
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/20 08:44:35 (permalink)
    What I found most interesting is that each time I take the test I rarely get the same results!

edited for spelling.
    post edited by LanceJ - 2009/01/20 10:12:37
    spacey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8769
    RE: 1st Personality Picture Test (more to come!) 2009/01/20 09:11:23 (permalink)
    I couldn't hear any of them so I couldn't choose...

I went back and picked all of them...very boring.
    post edited by spacey - 2009/01/20 09:16:45
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1