1st original "Get Through Each Day"

Author
tonedef36
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 25
2008/06/16 22:51:55 (permalink)

1st original "Get Through Each Day"

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6346924

This is one I wrote after meeting a woman struggling with her own demons and how she gets through each day. I thought it kind of had a Black Crowes feel to it when I wrote it.

I did all the playing on this except for drums. They are straight from ez drummer; however I did put them in the arrangement, if that counts:)

Hope y'all likes

Rob

7 Replies Related Threads

robby
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5819
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/17 00:26:30 (permalink)
    It sounds like the lead is being played in one key, and the rest of the song is in another key? Relative majors and minors? I.e., D maj = Bm lead?

==================
    It is better to travel well than to arrive.

www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby
    tonedef36
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/17 00:36:23 (permalink)
    robby: here is where I show my "ignorance". For the life of me I cannot remember the key I did this in. As for the solo not matching? I just played something I felt matched the vibe of the tune. Did it sound off? To be honest I thought I had them together fairly well. Thanks for the listen and any other comments.
    foxwolfen
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8256
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/17 17:12:32 (permalink)
    Sounded pretty good to me. I think the mix could use a bit of work, but I can not tell you what specifically. Just seems to be lacking a little "life".

Cheers
    Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
    dlogan
    Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2544
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/17 17:51:47 (permalink)
    Hey Rob welcome to the forum! Not really my style of music so I won't comment too much on the songwriting other than to say it's way better than my first original!! I would play around with some different drum patterns personally - the current pattern seems to kind of drag the song down and some of the fills down quite work for me. Your voice is good. Vocals are a little too high in the mix though, but sound well-recorded.

Dave

www.soundclick.com/steakbone
    tonedef36
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/17 20:09:02 (permalink)
    fox: Thanks for the listen. I agree the mix is missing some "pop", like you I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I guess, I just need to keep reading on the forum for more tips!

rob

dave: I appreciate the listen even though it is not your genre of taste. My problem is, when it comes to drums I havent got a freakin clue what I'm doing. Actually, the drum pattern on this one is what started the whole song. I put the patterns down, then came up with the chord progression followed by lyrics, organ and leads. Maybe one day I'll figure out what I'm doing:)

rob
    tdye
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1926
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/18 22:02:21 (permalink)
    Rob, nice lead riff in the intro. Great lyrics. Try adding some compression to bring up the heat.

Tom
    http://www.soundclick.com/tomdye
    http://www.ourstage.com/profile/tomdye
    http://twitter.com/tom_dye

Dell Dimension 8400 Pentium 4 w/HyperThreading 3.2GHz, 3 GB Ram, Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM)
    Sonar 8 Producer Edition, Rapture, Project5
    CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    RE: 1st original "Get Through Each Day" 2008/06/18 23:28:52 (permalink)
    thought it kind of had a Black Crowes feel to it when I wrote it.

I would agree with that!

The mix does need a little help so the drums and guitar don't fall so far behind the vocals. I'm learning myself so I can't say exactly what you need. I can comment on the drums. I didn't think they were bad at all. I just use loops and what I like about that is I can record the tune to one simple drum loop and then go back and create a brand new drum sound with other loops and it makes the tune sound better (usually). I don't know how EZ drummer works but maybe you can go back now and add a new drum track and build it around the other tracks and spruce the drums up some.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1