2 new rock tracks

Author
Sean*O
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 190
2012/03/19 01:26:20 (permalink)

2 new rock tracks

A couple of new rock tracks I did this month. Perhaps one day I will find a vocalist to finish this stuff off,

Thanks  :-)

http://www.youtube.com/wa...6M&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/wa...3g&feature=channel

3 Replies Related Threads

Beagle
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 50621
    Re:2 new rock tracks 2012/03/19 10:21:44 (permalink)
    I listened to Dope.

it grabbed me right away!  I really like this!  driving rock!  love the distorted guitars, the bass is great!  drums are a little lost in the mix, tho, IMO.  I can hear the crash and snare, but I can't really hear the kick and anything else in the kit is washed out.

what is the strings sound there?  keyboard? 

anyway - good job on this!

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:2 new rock tracks 2012/03/19 11:20:32 (permalink)
    I just listened to both song and found them quite enjoyable.  I had no problem hearing the drums in either song, though the snare could have been a touch louder in the first song, but that's just a matter of taste.  Just out of curiosity, why did you use Youtube as your media?  Do you think it has better sound?

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Sean*O
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 190
    Re:2 new rock tracks 2012/03/19 13:27:04 (permalink)
    Thanks Beagle and Lynn. The drums I used are "Addictive Drums" which I find have more punch and are better suited toward this type of music than Superior Drummer. The string sounds are from the old EWQL Orchestra strings pack, you can probably find the same basic samples in their EWQL Gold or maybe even Silver packs.. a cello and a violin with as little intro swell/delay as I could find, plus a little EQ.

Lynn, regarding using YouTube for the media, yes I do find it has superior sound quality to both Soundclick and Soundcloud. Soundclick had also implemented some restrictions to the size of the uploaded file (something ridiculous like 1 MEG) unless you upgraded to their $10 a month plan. Soundcloud was good but not quite as good to my ears as YouTube HD. I learned that YouTube HD audio uses a slightly higher sample rate than YouTube SD video, and that Tunes to Tube service I used makes it easy to post. You can also easily create your own channel and probably do more with YouTube so far as SEO, distribution, etc. if you are into that sort of thing (I'm mostly not.) I just wanted a place to post my stuff for free where I could access it wherever, and that had the best sound quality.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1