2 noob questions re: exporting audio

Author
karma1959
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 515
2011/02/05 12:12:14 (permalink)

2 noob questions re: exporting audio

1. I'm trying to export audio to an .mp3 with the audio metronome included, but regardless what I try, I can't get the audio metronome to be in the final mp3.  I've tried with the metronome output routing to the audio outputs, to the master bus and to the metronome bus (with the metronome bus output going to the master bus) all to no avail.  The audio metronome is enabled for both recording and playback. 

I have no issues recording audio from a midi metronome, but would prefer to record the audio metronome if possible, as it's easier than setting up a midi device and recording its' audio, etc.  Am I missing something obvious here? 

2. I typically export audio with the settings for 'entire mix'.  What's the difference between using that vs. exporting just the master bus or audio outputs for the export?  Assuming all audio tracks are feeding into the master bus and the master bus' output sends to the audio outputs - aren't all these 3 the same, or am I having a serious blonde moment?  :)

Apologies for the naive questions - I'm probably missing something obvious.
Thanks for your help!
Russ

1 Reply Related Threads

Rothchild
    Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1479
    Re:2 noob questions re: exporting audio 2011/02/05 12:57:20 (permalink)
    Hi Russ,

I only just got round to finally testing this one myself and you're right. The click don't bounce! I tried audiable bounce, busses (for which the buss I've go the click routed to doesn't appear)

So, sorry for handing out duff info, it does indeed appear that this is a 'feature' (not quite sure why) and that the metronome is disabled during all export function (I even tried tricking it by using a send on the metronome buss to another buss but to no avail).

On the second point. If everything comes down to one single pair of audio outs then there is no difference but if you're using different physical outs for some reason (a headphone buss fed by auxs for instance that feeds a different physical out you could export the headphone mix and the 'master' mix separately. If you chose 'what you hear' but had additional physical outputs enabled it would fold these in too (which you proably wouldn't want so you'd need to select the particlar physical out that's addressed by you 'master' buss.

Cheers,
    Child
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1