2017.01 Sometimes Input Echo gets stuck "on" for a midi track

Author
gmp
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1033
2017/02/03 17:53:57 (permalink)

2017.01 Sometimes Input Echo gets stuck "on" for a midi track

About 3 times in a row today I had the Input Echo get stuck on a midi snare track. Normally when the track is selected (active track) the Input Echo button comes on, but when you select a different midi track, then it turns off. That wasn't happening today on a snare track. The only way I could get the Input Echo to turn off on that track was to use the global Input Echo button that turns off Input Echo for all tracks.

On a midi track Input Echo the icon to the right of "Record" Has 2 states - on or off. And if a track is selected active track) it also has a 3rd state - auto through

Today I had 2 midi tracks armed for record and an audio track armed for record and both midi tracks had Input Echo on so I could hear both sounds while I played. I'm not using the "Simple instrument" for my midi tracks I use the old way of a separate midi track and a separate audio track.

In my template I have a bunch of midi tracks already recorded for BD, snare and hat. I just unmute the ones I want. I was recording a song and got to the end and decided to delete all the drum tracks at bar 101 to the end, so I could record the ritard. When I selected those midi tracks for the drums and deleted bar 101-200. The Input Echo stayed on for one of the drums tracks.

I've never had this bug happen. It's been introduced by 2017.01  Has anyone else noticed this? I tried to come up with a recipe and so far have not been able to.

Gerry Peters
Midi Magic Studio
http://gprecordingstudio.com/
Album Productions and Songwriter Resources
Cakewalk By Bandlab, Platinum 64 + 32 bit, Studiocat AsRock Z97 motherboard, Haswell CPU 4790k @ 4.4GHz, RAM 16GB DDR3/1600, Windows 10 Pro all updates including optional, MOTU AVB Ultralite sound card/Midi interface/Dig mixer, onboard Video HD4600. Midisport 2x2 midi interface, Vienna Instruments, Ivory II piano, Komplete 9, Superior drummer. 5 HD's - OS drive 250GB SSD, Samples drive 1 500GB SSD,  3 data HDs - total of 6.5T

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1