2.5 Registering question

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Goseba
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
2007/04/25 07:59:11 (permalink)

2.5 Registering question

I am at work now but had 15 minutes to install 2.5 this morning.

I am on Win XP and had V2 installed. I installed 2.5 and at the end upon opening I got the registration box. I tried the original registration number I had but it failed. The box also said the evaluation time had expired. (Cannot remember exactly the wording etc).

Anyway, in the minute or so I had to look at it, it seems to work OK. It opens and saves files.

Does V2.5 need registering again or am I all right to go with it when I get some time tonight?

Regards,

Goseba

46 Replies Related Threads

Karlhammond
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 52
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 08:56:57 (permalink)
    I got the same thing even though I have already registered P5, Plus you need a valid serial number to get the patch in the first place so why Re-register for a patch?
    sorry I did not help but I would like to know about this as well.
    I sent cake an email so we will see.
    whyterabbyt
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 282
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:17:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Karlhammond

I got the same thing even though I have already registered P5, Plus you need a valid serial number to get the patch in the first place so why Re-register for a patch?

I wasnt asked for a serial number for the patch, just an email address.

Feed Your Head.

Goseba
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:18:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: whyterabbyt

I wasnt asked for a serial number for the patch, just an email address.

Same for me, just the email addy.
    Karlhammond
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:26:03 (permalink)
    Sorry, my bad. I sent my email info too but when I got the email it contained my serial number. It just seems like they already have the info that they are asking for.
    RJN
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 178
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:31:57 (permalink)
    That's right, an email address to download. When the patch installs it reads the serial number from the registry, you agree to the EULA and it completes the installation. However when P5v 2.5 runs the first time after the patch it asks for the registration code and gives you the 30-day evaluation message. So help with my memory here -- there wasn't a registration code for P5v2 was there? Go on the Cakewalk site for "I lost my registration code" -- it asks for what product, and the drop down list shows everything except Project 5. Maybe we'll all be getting one in tomorrows' e-mail message?

Hmmm.. I *did* just upgrade to Vista, and hadn't tried running P5 v2 yet. So when I first launched P5v2.5 after the patch it asked me to register it. I went to the Cakewalk site and registered, got a registration code email and entered the code and all is fine. I could swear I had already registered that serial number sometime last year. I'm not complaining as everything is working fine for me now.
    post edited by RJN - 2007/04/25 09:51:17

Rob
    --------
    Core i7, 3.4 GHz, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 Pro (64-bit), 2 Tb HD, SONAR Platinum Producer , Roland Quad Capture, Alesis QS8 
    rjnorwich.worpress.com
    Goseba
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:39:22 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RJN

That's right, an email address to download. When the patch installs it reads the serial number from the registry, you agree to the EULA and it completes the installation. However when P5v 2.5 runs the first time after the patch it asks for the registration code and gives you the 30-day evaluation message. So help with my memory here -- there wasn't a registration code for P5v2 was there? Go on the Cakewalk site for "I lost my registration code" -- it asks for what product, and the drop down list shows everything except Project 5. Maybe we'll all be getting one in tomorrows' e-mail message?

I have a registration code for V2 but it did not get accepted for V2.5
    I am sure the message box said that the evaluation period was over but I was still able to use 2.5 opening, saving and save as'ing (new term there) in the 2 minutes I had to try it before work.
    Karlhammond
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:42:39 (permalink)

After all that we get a 30 trial period for software that has been proven to be legitimate, sorry I dont get it
    whyterabbyt
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 282
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:48:19 (permalink)

After all that we get a 30 trial period for software that has been proven to be legitimate, sorry I dont get it

'all that' ??? Supplying some basic info? Its not exactly a hardship, is it?

And no, a '30 day trial' is not what you get. You get an email back with a new registration code, so it isnt a demo any more.

Feed Your Head.

Andrew Rossa
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1910
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 09:59:21 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Goseba

I am sure the message box said that the evaluation period was over but I was still able to use 2.5 opening, saving and save as'ing (new term there) in the 2 minutes I had to try it before work.

It should not be saying that the evaluation period is over for V2.5. When you install P5 V2.5, and get to the serial number stage (where you enter name, company, SN), manually enter the number you received in the Version 2 box. Then continue the install. When you get to the complete registration box after you first launch V2.5, you will see the SN autofilled, click register and register the serial number. You should get an email with an activation code. Use that to complete the registration from your software.
    RJN
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 178
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:04:54 (permalink)
    Thank you Andrew. That is exactly what I did. Everything is working as it should. Sorry about my confusion (best I not comment any more -- before it starts to spread to innocent bystanders)

Rob
    --------
    Core i7, 3.4 GHz, 16Gb RAM, Win 10 Pro (64-bit), 2 Tb HD, SONAR Platinum Producer , Roland Quad Capture, Alesis QS8 
    rjnorwich.worpress.com
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:07:48 (permalink)

All you are doing in essence is registering Project5 Version 2.5. We now require this for all products (you did not have to register V.2). Once you register, we will have a record of your serial number for 2.5 along with the product registration code. Should you ever need the reg. code again, we can give it to you.
    Goseba
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:10:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Andrew Rossa [Cakewalk]

It should not be saying that the evaluation period is over for V2.5. When you install P5 V2.5, and get to the serial number stage (where you enter name, company, SN), manually enter the number you received in the Version 2 box. Then continue the install. When you get to the complete registration box after you first launch V2.5, you will see the SN autofilled, click register and register the serial number. You should get an email with an activation code. Use that to complete the registration from your software.

My DAW is not connected to the internet, will this cause a problem?

I didn't have to enter the serial number, but it was automatically filled in at the registration box at start up.
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:17:27 (permalink)

My DAW is not connected to the internet, will this cause a problem?

I didn't have to enter the serial number, but it was automatically filled in at the registration box at start up.

If you are not connected to the internet, you have to call in and register. Or if you can, connect to the internet, but I know a lot of people don't run internet on music machines.
    Ognis
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5129
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:17:37 (permalink)
    And for people like me without net access on my daw, I will have to - what - completly install p5 on this machine, update it, register it, wait on an email, get the code, uninstall it from here, copy each letter of the code to a peice of paper with hopes that i get it right, then go to my daw, open it, then update it, enter this code, then finish the update ? well forget that, i just wont install the damn thing. cant I just call you people on the phone or something and you give me the code there, rather than making me jump though hoops like some crippled circus puppy...
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:20:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Ognis

And for people like me without net access on my daw, I will have to - what - completly install p5 on this machine, update it, register it, wait on an email, get the code, uninstall it from here, copy each letter of the code to a peice of paper with hopes that i get it right, then go to my daw, open it, then update it, enter this code, then finish the update ? well forget that, i just wont install the damn thing. cant I just call you people on the phone or something and you give me the code there, rather than making me jump though hoops like some crippled circus puppy...

I am not even sure what process you think we would have you go through, but you can just call too :)

And so I am clear, install the update only once...when you call and give us the serial number you got for Version 2, we will give you back a reg code which can be used to complete the registration.
    syrath
    Max Output Level: -34.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4075
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:21:11 (permalink)
    AFAIK the process is no different from most other challenge and response. Its certainly easier to do than Native Instruments way of doing things. Especially if you are like me and your system is constantly in a flux of operating systems.
    Goseba
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:24:01 (permalink)

I am not even sure what process you think we would have you go through, but you can just call too :)

And so I am clear, install the update only once...when you call and give us the serial number you got for Version 2, we will give you back a reg code which can be used to complete the registration.

Can I email the serial number, if so where to? Cheaper than phoning from the UK.
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:30:09 (permalink)

Can I email the serial number, if so where to? Cheaper than phoning from the UK.

You don't need do this from the computer that you run the DAW from. So I assume you have internet access now...just go here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/register/default.asp?LID=3&PID=CWP5200

Then type in the serial number from Version 2 and make sure you include a valid email, and you will get your reg code. Then when you get home, just pop it in when you launch the software.
    Ognis
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:45:40 (permalink)
    Thanks for the help!
    gnie
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 776
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 10:48:02 (permalink)
    I just moved and can no longer use my old address (from cable to DSL). Am I going to have a problem? I still have the address which is registered with the forum, but that's not where they'd been sending me ads.
    Ognis
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:10:44 (permalink)
    from cable to DSL

Sorry to hear that

Why not use yahoo or hotmail, or gmail now. I NEVER use my ISP's email.
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:11:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: gnie

I just moved and can no longer use my old address (from cable to DSL). Am I going to have a problem? I still have the address which is registered with the forum, but that's not where they'd been sending me ads.

Use your new one. You shouldn't have a problem.
    maxthecat
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 647
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:14:55 (permalink)
    Andrew, my DAW is not hooked up to the internet (and never will be), so I am in the same situation, when I got to the register page during install. Now everytime I start the program I have to hit Register Later, since I can't hit register and connect to the internet. Is there a work around so I can get a registration number? Also, when I started using the new version I could see that midi data was be sent from my midi keyboard to the program but not to the speakers. When I look at audio set up drop down I do not see a listing for my Motu 828 Mk II only the Motu 11 in and 11 out but not a set up for the 828. Any reason for this?
    Goseba
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:16:59 (permalink)

You don't need do this from the computer that you run the DAW from. So I assume you have internet access now...just go here:

Then type in the serial number from Version 2 and make sure you include a valid email, and you will get your reg code. Then when you get home, just pop it in when you launch the software.

Thanks Andrew, just done it.
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:18:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: maxthecat

Andrew, my DAW is not hooked up to the internet (and never will be), so I am in the same situation, when I got to the register page during install. Now everytime I start the program I have to hit Register Later, since I can't hit register and connect to the internet. Is there a work around so I can get a registration number? Also, when I started using the new version I could see that midi data was be sent from my midi keyboard to the program but not to the speakers. When I look at audio set up drop down I do not see a listing for my Motu 828 Mk II only the Motu 11 in and 11 out but not a set up for the 828. Any reason for this?

You don't have to do it from PC that has P5, it is not tied to a computer ID. Go here:

Then type in the serial number from Version 2 and make sure you include a valid email, and you will get your reg code. Write or print it out, then just pop it in when you launch the software.
    Goseba
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:19:29 (permalink)

Thanks Andrew, just done it.

And got the code almost instantly.

thank you.
    Ognis
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 11:35:59 (permalink)
    Why is P5 V2 on the drop box twice ?
    Karlhammond
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 12:38:30 (permalink)
    Thanks Andrew for the info, my reg is done.
    one more Q if I may, I just purchased a mac pro, What is the best way to transfer P5 from my PC to my new machine. I now have LOGIC PRO 7 but would like to check out the new P5 anyway?
    Andrew Rossa
    RE: 2.5 Registering question 2007/04/25 12:53:12 (permalink)

Thanks Andrew for the info, my reg is done.
    one more Q if I may, I just purchased a mac pro, What is the best way to transfer P5 from my PC to my new machine. I now have LOGIC PRO 7 but would like to check out the new P5 anyway?

I would do a fresh install on the Mac Pro on your XP partition. So V2.0 first, then v2.5. Use your SN and reg code that you should now have.
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1