3rd Party Sounds/Downloads never seem to work

Author
Prevalence
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 719
2007/12/03 16:13:58 (permalink)

3rd Party Sounds/Downloads never seem to work

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but i've downloaded several soundsets for Z3ta but they never seem to work. I'm using P5 2.5. When i downloaded the Rapture ones off Cakewalk, no problem at all. But these 3rd party ones are zipped and never seem to put themselves in the right place.

Firstly, do i need to install Z3ta as DXi and VST or both? And what what format should they be unzipped to (i used a wizard thing before)? Then, where should they be? I put them in Wavetables as instructed and ALL sounds went silent on me.

If anyone can offer advise please explain it as if it was to a 10yr old - actually, better make that a 5yr old! ........thank you!

Best Regards, Paul
Music at: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=754343

~~~ Album 'ElectroStatique' (Feat. Anya) now available from:-
iTunes, Rhapsody, HMW, 7Digital, emusic, Napster and several other outlets ~~~

4 Replies Related Threads

Prevalence
    RE: 3rd Party Sounds/Downloads never seem to work 2007/12/04 16:11:55 (permalink)
    Ive just downloaded the Cakewalk DimPro expansions - no problem. Why is that 3rd party stuff is such a pain? Have had no luck at all with Z3ta stuff.

Best Regards, Paul

mumpcake
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1609
    RE: 3rd Party Sounds/Downloads never seem to work 2007/12/04 23:15:29 (permalink)
    Last night I downloaded all the z3ta+ patches from KVR and had similar problems. I noticed that on a lot of these, the Limiter was lit up. I shut it off and the patches sounded.

ChristopherM
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1921
    RE: 3rd Party Sounds/Downloads never seem to work 2007/12/08 10:15:01 (permalink)
    There are two issues here -
    One is that there is an incompatibility between banks for the older and newer versions of Z3ta+. The fix here involves opening the bank in an intermediate version, then saving it again. Afterwards it will work fine in the latest version of Z3ta+.

The second issue involves the "mod" versions of some of the third-party Z3ta+ goodies - like the excellent Virus mod. These work by substituting an alternative set of waveform files as well as a new set of prog files. This means some folder manipulation, especially if you want to have ... errr ... access to both modded and original. As CW has adapted its products for Vista, new folder structures have been necessary. Unfortunately, several of the mod instructions are written for the old folder structures. So to get these to work, you have to re-interpret the instructions taking into account the new folders.

Unfortunately, I am not near my DAW, and I cannot remember the specifics (like which older version to use), but I think you will find help at P5 Wiki and at KVR. It's well worth the effort!
    Prevalence
    RE: 3rd Party Sounds/Downloads never seem to work 2007/12/12 12:23:19 (permalink)
    Thanks for your help with this - im still working on it I feel like a cat whose climed high up a tree and can't get down again..

Best Regards, Paul

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1