4.0.3 & Battery

Author
Johnny Algoma
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2005/08/09 08:34:17 (permalink)

4.0.3 & Battery

4.0.2 & Battery worked wonderfully.
With 4.0.3, if I click back to a previous measure during playback, Battery "goes nuts" (sounds like 300 bpm!) for approximately 1 measure before it settles down to the correct timing. Very annoying.

5 Replies Related Threads

Tonmann
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 661
    RE: 4.0.3 & Battery 2005/08/09 09:14:02 (permalink)
    Are you talking about the old Battery 1?
    If so, I can just say that I never got it running any pleasant in Sonar that days.
    The DXi version misses multiple outputs and by trying the VSTi version wrapped through CWs VST wrapper, I got serious timing problems. It was just impossible to use 1/16 hi-hats without having them "shuffled".
    The end of the story was that I sold Battery again, as I wasn't able to fix these problems.
    I don't know about Battery 2 if these issues with Sonar have been solved there.

cheers,
    Chris

...maybe I never realized the joy till the joy was gone...
    Johnny Algoma
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14
    RE: 4.0.3 & Battery 2005/08/09 10:12:20 (permalink)
    It's Battery 2 all up-to-date with sub-releases from NI site.
    I just got it a few weeks ago and have been very pleased with it. That is, until 4.0.3 came along of course.
    Tonmann
    RE: 4.0.3 & Battery 2005/08/09 11:23:18 (permalink)
    Ah, nice to hear that Battery2 at last works fine with Sonar. I never tried it again since my bad experiences with Battery1.

For your problems: Yes, the approach of the gapless audioengine in 4.0.3 has unfortunately also introduced some audio/MIDI synchronization problem that hasn't been there before.
    Just have a look through the recent threads about the 4.0.3 update in this forum. Many users experience such synch problems, like "jumping" or out-of-synch envelope automation, the metronome counting false, etc.
    So I'm quite sure your problems are related to these issues, too.
    For myself, I've decided to stay on 4.0.2 for now until Cakewalk has addressed all these serious timing bugs in the next "patch for the patch".

cheers,
    Chris

woodamand
    • Total Posts : 673
    RE: 4.0.3 & Battery 2005/08/09 12:42:02 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Tonmann

Are you talking about the old Battery 1?
    If so, I can just say that I never got it running any pleasant in Sonar that days.
    The DXi version misses multiple outputs and by trying the VSTi version wrapped through CWs VST wrapper, I got serious timing problems. It was just impossible to use 1/16 hi-hats without having them "shuffled".
    The end of the story was that I sold Battery again, as I wasn't able to fix these problems.
    I don't know about Battery 2 if these issues with Sonar have been solved there.

cheers,
    Chris

hmm - I am still using Battery 1 in Sonar and it works great - so much so I have put off my upgrade to version 2 until after I buy the new version of Kontakt.
    Puzzling indeed.......

check out the new Brain Transfer Project CD
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/braintransfer
    Tonmann
    RE: 4.0.3 & Battery 2005/08/09 13:47:36 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: woodamand

hmm - I am still using Battery 1 in Sonar and it works great - so much so I have put off my upgrade to version 2 until after I buy the new version of Kontakt.
    Puzzling indeed.......

So, are you running the DXi version of Battery or are you using the VSTi trough the adapter?
    As I wrote above, with the DXi version I only had one sound-out and the VSTi version were out-of-synch here unfortunately.

cheers,
    Chris

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1