4.0.3 and NI instruments

Author
bermuda
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2271
2005/08/10 09:04:48 (permalink)

4.0.3 and NI instruments

Had a mess last night,

Had some crashes to black screen after a quick flash up of Sonar has encountered a problem.

These were all when trying to use registered products with Native Instruments rompler and functioning sampler limited to a group of sample loops.

Operating Table ( Intakt and Kon... ?? can't rememer the full name on the latter and artist drums.

Now is this a 4.0.3 issue or should I be using a different VST wrapper? As it is just annoying...also noticed that the lowest note in operating table is highlighted differntly in the GUI and if you play it it is just noise !

Any help or thoughts appreciated

Yes.

7 Replies Related Threads

bermuda
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/11 12:27:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bermuda

Had a mess last night,

Had some crashes to black screen after a quick flash up of Sonar has encountered a problem.

These were all when trying to use registered products with Native Instruments rompler and functioning sampler limited to a group of sample loops.

Operating Table ( Intakt and Kon... ?? can't rememer the full name on the latter and artist drums.

Now is this a 4.0.3 issue or should I be using a different VST wrapper? As it is just annoying...also noticed that the lowest note in operating table is highlighted differntly in the GUI and if you play it it is just noise !

No responses, so this must mean that folks using NI Intakt and the Kompakt that is used for artist drums.

Are you usung an alternative VST wrapper or the DXI version

Any help is appreciated... I want to throw artist drums in for a quicky drum sound when composing.

Yes.
    jlgrimes
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1639
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/11 12:44:01 (permalink)
    Had a mess last night,

While I have not had any problems using Sonar with Kompakt, Intakt is a different story. If I run a VST instance on Intakt and try to trigger a loop, Sonar will quit on me.

As far as I can tell though the Dxi version works fine.
    bermuda
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/12 09:13:50 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ubuntu

@ bermuda...Do you have VSampler installed? If you do, uninstall it and all your crashes and problems will go away....trust me!

ubuntu

Interesting, naturally V Sampler 3.0 is there from Sonar 3 PE

but i don't really use it.

Has anyone tried this suggested approach, where did you find out about this.

Yes.
    pharohoknaughty
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1226
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/12 23:44:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bermuda

Had a mess last night,

I just bought Kontakt. I nstalled it as a DXi.

It has not taken long before the error message came up that sonar had a problem and had to quit. I lost all my settings.

When will we be able to trust the computer? Stability is so improtant.
    Phrauge
    Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5562
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/13 00:14:15 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear about your NI problems. I've got EWQLSO Gold, PSP Adrenaline and PSP Stormbreakz and all are working fine. I'm using the 4.0.3 patch with the Sonar VST Adapter.

Liquid DAW
    AMD Athlon 64
    3500+ / 2.21 GHz
    2GB RAM
    WinXP Home SP2
    MOTU 2408 mkIII
    Edirol UM-880
    UAD-1

This DAW has never had any other version of Sonar than S4PE installed. I wonder if that makes a difference?

On edit: I also have VSampler 3.5.1 installed on this DAW.

And I only use the VST versions of NI products.
    post edited by Phrauge - 2005/08/13 00:20:56
    Sticky Shed
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/13 00:38:49 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Phrauge

This DAW has never had any other version of Sonar than S4PE installed. I wonder if that makes a difference?

And I only use the VST versions of NI products.

I doubt if that's it. I've used Kontakt as DXi since it appeared along with temporally corresponding versions of Sonar. Kontakt is my only sampler and, in fact, just about my only instrument. As I make my living with Kontakt and Sonar, I'd be inclined to strip the system and start installing back only necessary components. I see my DAW as simply a means of accessing samples hence any instability would drive me nuts!
    Good luck. Kontakt is worth any effort spent to get stable.
    Oh, and use a dedicated fast drive for your library if money permits.
    :)
    post edited by Sticky Shed - 2005/08/13 00:49:39
    pharohoknaughty
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1226
    RE: 4.0.3 and NI instruments 2005/08/13 14:24:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ubuntu

The incompatibility between NI and VSampler manifests in both cases, DXi and VSTi
    The problem also manifests in Cubase SX and Nuendo. So it is not unique to Sonar.
    The problem is VSampler!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I have Vsampler installed, but don't use it. BTW, it is the latest version. Also BTW, Vsampler is a half baked poorly written product, you get what you pay for.

The NI website gives you the impression that Vsampler does not un-install well. (no surprise). Is there any way to remove Vsampler so completely that it will not make a mess of Kontakt?

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1