6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
6stringsat100mph
Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1385
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 11:36:00 (permalink)
Hey Gugliel whats going on in your world......????
This is virtually the same exact file with the exception of a couple small guitar fills and some eq work...but by and large, its what you heard 6 or 7 months ago...so I dont know what to tell you other than thanks for listening and posting and for simply being the "Loveable and talented Gugliel"
Thanks palsy walsey....
rolo95
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1607
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 11:52:38 (permalink)
hey!!!! you!!!

lost man....( dont see you around..lol)

whats up...
still looking you in msn...but never see you...
whats wrong...a virus eat your MSN..??

Rolo.
im online BTW....
< Message edited by rolo95 -- 1/14/2005 11:00:40 AM >

-----------------------------------------------------
THERE IS NO POWER Without KNOWLEDGE !!!
gugliel
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 449
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 12:02:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: 6stringsat100mph

"Loveable and talented Gugliel"
Thanks palsy walsey....

No,no, sorry, only my wife calls me that.

www.soundclick.com/guglielmo
danhazer
Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2053
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 12:40:11 (permalink)
It looks as if I'm going to be the lone disenter on this one...

This tune, unfortunately, doesn't hold my interest for a number of reasons.

1. While forum members have piled high the praise for the virtuosic technique, I find it to be somewhat unrefined and gratuitous. In my own humble opinion, you spend too much time fan picking around on scales and not enough time building meaningful phrases with beginnings and endings. Additionally, I would humbly suggest you work on your natural finger vibrato - it is almost non-existent in this piece.

2. Also, the arrangement lacks a bit in its development. After two listenings, I can't seem to find rhyme or reason to the phrasing or the call and response pattern between the guitar and keyboard leads. Further more, the song has no climax to attain to because there is no ebb or flow to the dynamics.

3. If I am in the mood for this type of music, I'd just reach for an old Racer X, Vinne Moore or Yngwie Malsteen album. These guys truly pioneered the technique and mastered it to a level very, very few of us will ever achieve (myself included).

Having said all that, and I am sorry if this has gotten you down or offended you, I loved your song, "Something New" and I really feel that material is the best thing I have heard from and ranks among my favorites from this forum. Do more material like that - It shows that you are original, that you have your own voice and vision and that you are capable of writing a great song.

I hope you take this in the spirit in which it was intended and I truly do not mean to plant a seed of bitterness.

Kind Regards,

Dan Monaghan
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 12:52:31 (permalink)
No way you do not offend me I am saying the EXACT same thing throughout this complete thread Dan.....Agreed...lol.. Except for the parts about vibrato and the unrefined part. I play Jazz Classical and even Flamenco (somewhat unrefined for that though) I know my way around the fretboard as well as the next guy and dont usually play this sort of thing. But if you go back for kicks and scan some of my comments on myself I clearly understand this is crude and gratuitous throughout. The structure just for the record was slapped together in litterally moments. So you are Correct again. So no harm no foul. This is what you hear I have to accept and acknowledge your opinion....oh yes and while I could have done tons of the standard Yngwie Vinnie M. diminished sweeps and the Yngwie Voicing of harmonic minor but chose to just play anything as fast as "I" could. And lastly the entire thing while admitted is cut up in some places was improvised the entire way through it. so this is why there are no thought out solos....
Thanks for your post and I truly mean that...
Regards
Mark

(and if it was not fun...then you missed the best part.....)
< Message edited by 6stringsat100mph -- 1/14/2005 10:02:06 AM >
Boogie
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2106
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 15:13:12 (permalink)

Boogie: Thanks guy. I always appreciate your comments. when will there be new Tommy Homicide to hear?

I've got a brand-spanking new TH song in the works, but I don't know if I'll be posting it here since the drums are done with a synth and the guitars, bass and vocals are all me and not the guys in the band.

I didn't post any TH from the album I recorded and mixed in Sonar mostly because the drums were done with ProTools HD in a "real" studio and thus was not totally a "done with Sonar" project. I did post a couple of rough mixes for feedback, but didn't post any of our finished stuff. The finished stuff is, however, available for download at either of the links below.

Thanks for asking!
< Message edited by Boogie -- 1/14/2005 12:27:36 PM >

6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 15:57:13 (permalink)
Hey Boogie...just my take on it but it does not say anywhere, to the best of my knowledge, that EVERYTHING must be done in Sonar! I am relatively certain that it says nothing about posting Sonar exclusive material here period. But others will certainly correct me if I am wrong. So man as far as I am concerned(not to infer that I am the collective heart and soul of the forum) this is also a place where Cake customers convene and talk recording and yes the use of their software, among other things. Please post with no fear of anyone percieving yours as inapropriate actions. I would like to see that argument.
Regards,
Mark
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/14 16:02:36 (permalink)
you spend too much time fan picking around on scales

I missed this...what do you mean by "Fan Picking"? do you mean to infer that I am tremolo picking? You know going as fast as possible with the picking hand and moving the fretting fingers hit notes somewhat at a different tempo? If this is what you mean, then you my friend better listen again a little more closely. I pick every note as precisely as possible and generally do a fair to excellent job at that. I have not "fan Picked" since I began alternate picking as a main right hand technique at 14 years of age....so I am curious .....please elaborate...
Thanks
Mark

EDIT: OK I listened and there are three instances where I am fan picking...but I certainly think that these instances alone do not constitute that blanket sounding critique. It was a bit of an exaggeration of reality....but no harm done. Many people get critical when faced with something they struggle with themselves or are unable to do entirely. Thanks for the review however
Mark
(having a one way coversations has always been my real strong suit...!)
< Message edited by 6stringsat100mph -- 1/14/2005 1:54:27 PM >
zepo1a
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/19 08:45:00 (permalink)
Great Jam. A tad more volume on the drums tho please.

Another comment, not directly related to you tho sixstrings...

New member here, been browsing and listening to quit a bit of songs posted by users today.

One thing I've noticed with MANY of them is overuse/abuse of reverb and or delay. (this tune included, sorry)

Is this a Cakewalk/Sonar thing to wash everything out with a heavy dose of reverb or echo trails?

Zep--
michael japan
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5252
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/19 10:34:06 (permalink)
Is this a Cakewalk/Sonar thing to wash everything out with a heavy dose of reverb or echo trails?

don't think so. Some people do. Would be nice to hear one of yours to see what you are talking about. Post one for us zepola.

Welcome to the forum.

Michael
zepo1a
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/19 10:41:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: michael japan

don't think so. Some people do. Would be nice to hear one of yours to see what you are talking about. Post one for us zepola.

Welcome to the forum.

Michael

hehe, put up or shut up, eh? :)

When I have something, it'll be here. Thx for the welcome.

Zep--
michael japan
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/19 19:54:38 (permalink)
hehe, put up or shut up, eh? :)

When I have something, it'll be here. Thx for the welcome.

Hi zepo. My welcome and desire to hear your music are both sincere. Check my posts-I'm not a sarcastic type of fellow usually. But, since you mentioned it a song is worth a thousand words so posting is a good way to show people what you mean about the reverb.

Have a great evening.

Michael
danhazer
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/24 01:31:19 (permalink)
Many people get critical when faced with something they struggle with themselves or are unable to do entirely. Thanks for the review however

Woops. If I infer correctly, you are suggesting that you can out play me. I didn't critique your song because I am jealous or that I am worried that I can't play the things you do in your song. I gave the critique because it was my honest opinion.

As far as cuttin' heads goes; I'll go head to head with you on guitar on a 12 pack, blind folded with one arm tied behind my back...and still out play you.

Thanks,

Dan Monaghan
michael japan
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/24 02:16:06 (permalink)
gosh, I can hardly wait for the next post.

duck everybody.
< Message edited by michael japan -- 1/24/2005 2:25:54 AM >
RockMaestro
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1245
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/24 04:39:09 (permalink)
Mark, I'm not able to download the song for some reason. <insert appropriate emoticon here>
michael japan
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/24 05:45:27 (permalink)
rock, if you know his name, you can type that in at the soundclick site and it will take you to his page. I don't fell at liberty to offer that information. The link didn't work for me either.
clubbedtodeath
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 246
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/24 17:30:07 (permalink)
Insane.

There are a few mastering issues, but I mean, honestly -- let me bow before thee and thy mighty chops.
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 15:03:57 (permalink)
My dearest,
danhazer
Well isnt that sweet.......You my man are a goofball.
I wrote that phrase that bugged you in an effort to see where your review came from. I mean, the last critical review that was aimed at one of my songs had the usual positive comments to offset the negitive ones. You know what I mean Danny? Its the typical thing that someone does when they are criticizing from a positive stance. You however are 100% negative and your second post to my comments reveals this fact very nicely. It is personal for you. And also, being that you were indeed the ONLY one in three pages to rip the song apart I hold your opinion and your ability on the guitar at a nice ZERO in regard.
So think what you want, post what you want...you have zero credability in my book. Thanks fer sharin'
Mark
rolo95
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1607
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 15:10:42 (permalink)
mmmm.....
The lost man is back!!!!!

Greets
Rolo.

THERE IS NO POWER Without KNOWLEDGE !!!
m11
  • Total Posts : 417
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 15:35:08 (permalink)
And also, being that you were indeed the ONLY one in three pages to rip the song apart...

Mark,

may I also rip your tune apart? (sorry couldn't resist)

Your mix... ...er... ...hmm.. ...what should I say?

I don't like that kind of songs. It tends to get boring to me.

Well played. I couldn't do that at that speed. ( <- compulsorily phrase to offset the negatives )

btw: what the heck is fan picking?

Greets
Melf
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 16:30:36 (permalink)
Hey Melf,
The song was done rather tongue in cheek anyway. Your assessment is fine. And I dont take anything about this song personally. It was done for fun only.
Fan picking (I have never heard the expression untill danhanzer used it) I can assume is another word for doublepicking. Meaning picking as fast as you can with the right hand or picking hand, and fretting notes at a much lower speed and not one note per pick. It is a way to sound faster than you really are or can actually be useful in some ways. If this is what my new pal Manahan meant. I guess his ears dont pick up the fact that most of the picking in the song is alternate picking, or one pick per note. But hey, alot of folks dont hear so well. It doesnt mean he is a bad guy. Just that his ears are less than par.
OK and I thank you for your listen. Hey whats the deal with the tracks I sent you?
Mark
< Message edited by 6stringsat100mph -- 1/25/2005 3:32:42 PM >
danhazer
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 17:18:57 (permalink)
Sorry I ruffled your feathers.
So think what you want, post what you want...you have zero credability in my book. Thanks fer sharin'

You once referred to me as a 'heavy hitter.' I sure did fall from grace in a hurry
Anyway, in all honesty, I wrote the initial comments from a straight up point of view. I am not jealous of, or threatened by your talent. I only was trying to challenge you to be the best you can be, that's all. I've heard what you are capable of with your song writing in "Something New" and it's nothing short of very good. For me, "The Bounty Hunter" does not reach the height of what you are capable of producing and again, I'm saying that from my heart and not as a cut-down because as I have told you, I think you have talent.

Anyway, be well.

Regards,

Dan Monaghan
m11
  • Total Posts : 417
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 17:34:01 (permalink)
Hey whats the deal with the tracks I sent you?

Mark,

I'll try to get it ready until the 29th.
Actually tracking an original that I will post before you guys kick my ass...

Greets
Melf
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 18:24:46 (permalink)
Very cool melf...the 29th is my Birthday so that will be a fitting birthday gift. I look forward to it as well as your soon to be offered original.

danhazer,
No problems and for what its worth I am sorry for prompting this into a less than civil exchange. Really!
I guess as I read through your initial remarks I took them as your opinion and had no issue with that. I have said all the way through this songs thread, I never took this song seriously and dont give it too much consideration as far as a viable piece of music. That being said I read through a few more times and some things did not click as "right" with your critique. Almost always when people are posting here, there is some type of attempt made to say something positive as well as any negitives that need to be stated. Well I began to get irritated the more I read, such as the "fan picking" comment as well as others and that was when I got to thinking there was something a bit too personal in your words. I said earlier and I will end my post with this...You, as anyone is, are entitled to your opinions and to make your assessments here. I believe they are all needed to help people realize where they may need to look for weak areas in production,musicianship, writing or even strengthen up some already strong areas. I just have to believe there was something there to be said positive. How about the synth...there was some decent divebombs that were cool. Or some nice harmonic minor runs on the keys.....yes? surely you found those somewhat fun! Yes? No?....(I am just playing around)
No harm no foul......
I will move past this as soon as I hit "post" and I hope you do as well....
all the best
Mark

OH yes and Thank you for the Something New kudos. I do appreciate them. I wrote Bounty Hunter years ago. literally...like more than three years. Something New was written just when I posted it more than 1 month ago. So even though they are in vastly different genras my writing has improved drastically due to this forum and its members critique. And the cover songs that I have done have opened my eyes to writing songs that I never would have gotten short of going to some kind of song writing workshop.
MC
< Message edited by 6stringsat100mph -- 1/25/2005 3:36:38 PM >
danhazer
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/01/25 18:43:53 (permalink)
How about the synth...there was some decent divebombs that were cool. Or some nice harmonic minor runs on the keys.....yes?

Yeah - the synth runs are actually pretty impressive I have to admit. I didn't even know you were such a good lead synth player.

Anyway, I admit my critique was harsh. I thought about it for a long time before I decided it was okay to post. I did try to sum up the post with some positives; unfortunately they did not pertain to "Bounty Hunter."

I'll talk to you soon.

Kind regards,

Dan Monaghan
MickiG
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 273
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/02/03 23:35:57 (permalink)
I couldn't listen to bounty hunter is it still there?

Sometimes, thought hits me.
Life hurts! get used to it.
gdugan
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1118
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/02/04 00:24:06 (permalink)
WOW! Amazing guitar chops! I'm impressed...
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/02/05 16:46:31 (permalink)
Hi MickiG yes it is still there. I fixed the link to my soundclick stuff. Try it now and it is the last song on the list that is there.
Have fun
mark
Zane
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 310
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/02/07 02:48:41 (permalink)
Mark, I read your comments on where you were coming from on this song, and it fits. Sure, it reminds me of the '80's, but that was fun for me since I haven't heard anything similar in such a long time. Thanks for this moment of self-indulgence!

BTW, did you ever take up the challenge of doing an acoustic note-a-thon from Fred? I'd enjoy listening to the result...

Zane

I've tried to answer some of the more common SHS questions:

http://zanesmusic.blogspot.com/
6stringsat100mph
RE: 6strings at 200 mph.."Bounty Hunter"original 2005/02/07 23:18:02 (permalink)
Good memory Zane....wow....well I do have something that might be considered an acoustic shred type of thing....It is on my soundclick page. One of the spanish things has some pretty quick acoustic playing but I never made time to do something for that specific comment to Fred though. When I am setup in the new house tomorrow, I will put something else together. Give that tune I mentioned a listen.
Thanks for your kind words Zane....
mark
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1