Author
Clint Swank
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 178
2008/10/24 11:21:50 (permalink)

Got 7 yesterday (just a week after mailing in the rebate form--wow), loaded it up. Looks great, in a Garage Band-y sort of way, played back some finished projects without incident, except for one that still had two instances of TTS-1 active and so it wouldn't play, disconected them and everything worked fine.

Tried out Studio Instruments drums and bass on a current project. They're interesting, though I think I still prefer TTS-1, if only because SI doesn't seem to respond to pitch bend (no pb range adjustment that I can find), which is for me a very important factor in bass parts. Moving the depressed mouse around the bass neck randomly generates some odd, interesting things which don't (perhaps fortunately} record.

What it doesn't seem to do very well, alas, is record audio. I tried to put down an acoustic guitar over said bass & drum tracks and something very glitchy happened. The track stuttered immediately, and the rest of the take was badly out of sync. I tried to fool with latency settings, but they were locked on fast, only adjustable in ASIO4-ALL, and that didn't work either.

So I went back to 6 and recorded the track without a hitch. Somebody once told me never to buy V. point-0 of anything. That's OK, they'll get it working soon, I'm sure, and, hey, 6 is just fine anyway.

Sure does look sexy, though. Can't wait'll it works.

2 Replies Related Threads

epytryga
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 804
    RE: 7 2008/10/24 13:18:50 (permalink)
    what's system specs? sound card? etc....there's not enough info provided to give you any kind of help....if that is, indeed, what you seek...

Kind Regards:
    Eric

Music samples at:
    https://soundcloud.com/the_oxford_circus

Gear:
    Windows 10, 16Gb RAM, Intel i7-6700 CPU @ 3.4Ghz, Propellerhead Balance ASIO

AMD II X6 1075T PROCESSOR 3.0GHZ/8GB RAM/PROPELLERHEAD BALANCE ASIO DRIVERS.
    TheBRB
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 243
    RE: 7 2008/10/25 02:46:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Clint Swank
    Somebody once told me never to buy V. point-0 of anything.

That would be what is called the "bleeding edge" of anything in the software (or for that matter anything in the technology) industry... Those are wise words of wisdom IMO...

Software companies generally test the best they can before releasing a product, but the reality of it is they cannot test everything in every environment before they cut it loose to the public.... There will most certainly be bugs in the first release... Everybody's threshold of pain is different... If you don't have any issues with dealing with problems (large or small) and helping them, or waiting for them to sort them out, then go for it... Otherwise wait...

I never (well almost always never) buy the first release of any software product... I let others debug it before I buy... Give it a little time... Nothing against Cakewalk... Just a fact of life in this industry.... JMHO...

Can I have more talent in the monitors... PLEASE?

www.thebackroadsband.com
    www.myspace.com/thebackroadsband
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1