79 Cents Plus Tax

Author
Mooch4056
Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7494
2010/07/29 17:49:21 (permalink)

79 Cents Plus Tax

two liters of delicious My fav .....A&W root beer..... on sale for 79 cents so I bought the two liter. When I got home and drank it, I discovered it was diet. Well I don't like diet drinks -- taste like dirty feet water to me

Ima gonna go get the right non diet kind later

well anyway ... it's a good thing it was only 79 cents.  WHAT!?

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

9 Replies Related Threads

alexoosthoek
    Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5238
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 18:02:24 (permalink)
    You tasted dirty feet water before? Man!! :-)

The CHB
    Some Live Demo's

Various ADK computers   and some thingy's
    Have fun!
    UbiquitousBubba
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 8912
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 18:35:51 (permalink)
    There are worse kinds of water in the world.  Believe me.
    alexoosthoek
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 18:44:43 (permalink)
    I know, what's the story behind your words?

If I may ask, that is.

The CHB
    Some Live Demo's

Have fun!
    UbiquitousBubba
    • Total Posts : 8912
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 19:41:37 (permalink)
    Which story?  The fresh spring water with the upstream carcass?  The "not so refreshing" night time shower courtesy of a small dog (that soon learned to fly)?  Okra Sludge?  (Absurdly Lemon-Flavored) Iced Tea made with 90% powder and 10% water?  Liquified Vegi-Peal Mush in a Bag?  Fat guy in a warm pool?  Ok, that last one might have been me...

I'm sure there are many more stories that I've blocked out given the fact that my parents frequently tried to kill me throughout my childhood.  I look back on it now and I envy those who had the good fortune to be raised by wolves...   

Carcass story - Family hiking in the mountains.  Found a stream.  Dad said, "Ain't nuttin' fresher than spring water", so he had us take a drink.  Once you got past the metallic, sulphor taste, you hardly noticed how red the water looked.  A short way up the stream, we found out why.  "Waste uh good venison!" was all he said about it.

Dog Shower Story - Family camping in a tent with two dogs inside the tent.  Small dog decided to get creative.  I've never before seen a dog ricochet off of three walls of a tent before hitting the ground.  Things were said...

Okra Sludge Story - While some consider okra to be food, I do not.  I consider it to be proof that Evil is alive and well on this planet.  While many Southern families have found ways to imbue this rotting putrescent ball of slime with some manner of taste, mine discovered new and inventive ways to enhance the natural horror to truely mythic levels.  Faced with the fact that no one with an IQ above 0 would intentionaly eat a second bite of her stewed okra, Mom tried to make a "Shake".  Since then, the CIA has considered this as an alternative to waterboarding, but found it to be too cruel.

Iced Tea of Death Story - Family was visiting a distant family friend.  Friend offered us some Iced Tea.  Since that is a staple where we came from, we gladly accepted.  Little did we know, she was a stark raving lunatic.  She filled each glass almost all the way to the top with powdered Iced Tea, then added enough water to fill the glass the rest of the way.  She attempted to stir it, but it set harder than concrete.  Being polite folk, we tried to choke it down.  My genius little brother waited until her back was turned and poured his on a nearby cactus.  It immediately died.  When we got out of sight, my Dad whacked him for not letting him be the one to dump out his glass.  I can hardly drink Iced Tea to this day.

Vegi-Peal Mush in a Bag Story - As legends spread about my Mom's cooking, she began to experiment.  She figured that sooner or later, just by random chance, something she made might be edible.  Her probability theory was sound.  It might have worked had she not occupied the far end of the wrong extreme edge of the bell curve.  Consumed by morbid curiosity, a twisted sense of humor, or the complete and total disregard of all human life, area farmers would "suggest" that she try some of their "recipies".  Suckered into another health kick, she tried to make a Nutritious Drink out of discarded vegtable peals and truckloads of zuchini mush.  She made so much, we filled a freezer chest with bags of the stuff.  She'd pull out a bag, thaw it out, then pour the slop into a glass for a nutritious meal.  Many times, I thought I'd rather eat the glass.

Guy in a Warm Pool Story - On the advice of my attorney, I have no comment.
    post edited by UbiquitousBubba - 2010/07/29 19:43:53
    alexoosthoek
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 20:00:26 (permalink)
    These are some great story's Bob :-)

It seems you're lucky to survive all that!

The CHB
    Some Live Demo's

Have fun!
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 20:32:01 (permalink)
    I thought you were gonna say that's all you really got for me in the 'auction'.
    Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 20:43:41 (permalink)
    Hi,

FLOAT

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

Randy P
    Max Output Level: -44.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3070
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 21:55:52 (permalink)
    That's some of the best creative writing I've seen around here Bob. Good Stuff!

Randy

http://www.soundclick.com/riprorenband

The music biz is a cruel and shallow money trench,a plastic hallway where thieves & pimps run free and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. Hunter S. Thompson
    Mooch4056
    Max Output Level: -0.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7494
    Re:79 Cents Plus Tax 2010/07/29 23:38:11 (permalink)
    bapu

I thought you were gonna say that's all you really got for me in the 'auction'.

I am still waiting for mosh to pay me the 37 bucks - but i am about to just hand him over to you for free. WHAT!?

From Now On Call Me Conquistador! 

Donate to the cure Bapu Foundation
    Email: mooch4056@gmail.com for more info

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1