828 Mk II Switching between Head Phones and Monitors Question

Author
maxthecat
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
2005/12/11 13:28:06 (permalink)

828 Mk II Switching between Head Phones and Monitors Question

This is a bit off topic for this forum but I didn't get a sufficient answer in the Gear forum. Just started using the Motu 828 Mk II and had a question about output to head phones. I am now outputing to my monitors and switched in the drop down in Cue Mix to Headphones, but am still getting out put from the monitors and nothing in the phones. What I want is to be able to switch between monitoring via head phones exclusively with no output to monitors for times when I do not want to annoy either the girlfriend or the neighbors, which happens easily in a small apartment. Can anybody help me out here with how to switch back and forth between head phones only or monitors only, and can you use both at the same time for mixing purposes while recording live?

1 Reply Related Threads

wretch
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: 828 Mk II Switching between Head Phones and Monitors Question 2005/12/11 16:01:02 (permalink)
    I set up a master bus in sonar and just switch the output of that to/from whatever outputs I need when tracking myself.
    Works great for me. Try it and just switch the output port from main outs to headphone.

ORIGINAL: maxthecat

This is a bit off topic for this forum but I didn't get a sufficient answer in the Gear forum. Just started using the Motu 828 Mk II and had a question about output to head phones. I am now outputing to my monitors and switched in the drop down in Cue Mix to Headphones, but am still getting out put from the monitors and nothing in the phones. What I want is to be able to switch between monitoring via head phones exclusively with no output to monitors for times when I do not want to annoy either the girlfriend or the neighbors, which happens easily in a small apartment. Can anybody help me out here with how to switch back and forth between head phones only or monitors only, and can you use both at the same time for mixing purposes while recording live?

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1