A Worthy Suggestion?

Author
djwolf
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 57
2017/09/12 09:14:15 (permalink)

A Worthy Suggestion?

In the days when Cakewalk first launched Windows 98 was THE platform.  What is now Sonar is much the same as Cakewalk was then with far less features.  One feature that I miss though was the ability in both Piano Roll and Staff view to see all your selected MIDI tracks (or ALL) in the same pane.  You could not edit or change them.  For that, you'd click on the staff or individual piano roll which would give you that track's view (as you get now) and then, with a click of a button return to your previous view of your selected tracks.

In staff view, this could give you the entire score and if you hit play the sounding notes would light up and it was a lot easier to see what was going on with two or more instruments.  It was never necessary to edit in this view because by clicking on a staff you went to the staff view we have now.  Without any need to put editing features into this view, it's not a big ask but it would make life a lot easier if the developers considered this for future releases.

While you can do this in your tracks now (sort of) and get a piano roll view if you widen each midi track to its maximum it isn't quite the same.  The piano keys to tell you what notes they are, aren't really discernible - they also expand with track size - because to differentiate between the notes you have to have each track occupy half the height of your monitor which I don't think was very well thought out.

Just an idea.

Edit:  Oops... Ignore me.  Hold down shift key with "Pick Tracks" to get multiple tracks.  

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1