A voice...

Author
bompeia
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14
2014/06/27 13:24:28 (permalink)

A voice...

(Heavy static and wild interference) Hello!...hello? "Bompeia" to Planet Cakewalk Forum...Planet Cakewalk Forum, this is "Bompeia"...Come in, Planet Cakewalk Forum. This is "Bompeia", calling out from spaceship Cakewalk Music Creator Pro 24, powered by the now-ancient, obsolete operating system, Windows XP Service Pack 3. Is there anybody out there? I repeat, Planet Cakewalk Forum, is there anyone else out there? I have been stranded (more static, howling interference) by Cakewalk and Microsoft Windows. Support is running low.  Signal is fading, loss of contact imminent. The end is near. All may be lost. May have to jettison outdated software and obsolete operating system if rescue party fails to materialize. Survival uncertain. Will attempt to re-establish communications as soon as my ship commences second orbital run around Planet Cakewalk Forum. God save the queen. This is "Bompeia," over and out... 

3 Replies Related Threads

Guitarhacker
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 24398
    Re: A voice... 2014/06/27 15:26:39 (permalink)
    What's your point?

I use XP SP3 and have no problems.   Are you thinking about doing an upgrade to MC6T? Worried it won't work?

I believe it works just fine.  Someone correct me if I am wrong.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    jimfogle
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 463
    Re: A voice... 2014/06/29 18:50:10 (permalink)
    Music Creator 6 Touch does NOT work with XP; it requires Win 7 or higher.  However the non-touch version of Music Creator 6 works with Windows XP with service pack 3 or Vista.  Both Music Creator 6 and Music Creator 6 Touch are available as downloadable products through the Cakewalk store.  Also, if you purchase the non-touch box version of Music Creator 6 from a retail store, you become eligible to receive Music Creator 6 Touch as a free download.

I received the free upgrade from MC6 to MC6 Touch but the MC6 Touch file will not even unpack on my XP desktop.  I get an error message stating Touch can be used only on Windows 7 or higher operating systems.  I'll most likely switch from the non-touch to touch version when I upgrade my system.
    post edited by jimfogle - 2014/06/30 18:41:04

Jim F
    Cakewalk by Bandlab (CbB)
    Sonar Home Studio V23.9.0 build 32
    Music Creator 6
    Band-in-a-Box, Audacity, ChordPulse
    Win 7, i3 cpu, 8Gig ram, 480 Gig Dell Laptop
    http://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: A voice... 2014/06/29 19:01:36 (permalink)
    MC6T uses new MS runtime libraries which do not work on XP. This change was introduced with SONAR X2a for Window 8 multi-touch support.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1