ABSTRACTION 01

Author
GPD
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 72
2007/11/30 16:50:17 (permalink)

ABSTRACTION 01

Hi everyone. Fans of my Architecture Waveforms CE product my be interested to know about my latest creation:

GALBANUM ANNOUNCES THE ABSTRACTION SAMPLE LINE AND RELEASES ABSTRACTION 01

ABSTRACTION 01 PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Galbanum's Abstraction Sample Line is a new downloadable series of ultramodern samples, loops, hits, and construction kits provided in industry standard formats including Apple Loops, Acid Loops, REX2, AIFF, and WAV.

Abstraction 01 focuses on unconventional atonal loop-adders, rhythmic textures, glitched-out underground sounds, and unusual percussion hits which are designed to be mixed with conventional music elements to synergistically co-create tomorrow's post-modern platinum grooves. Abstraction 01 content is suitable for Minimal House, Minimal Techno, Minimal Trance, Electro House, Tech House, Progressive House, Deep House, Progressive Trance, DnB and Breaks, Ambient and Chill Out, Glitch Hop, Trip Hop, Electronica and IDM, Left Field, Abstract Rock, Film and Game Scoring, Sound FX, and any other cross-genre music style that successfully borrows from these influences.

FULL PRODUCTION INFO

http://www.galbanum.com/products/abstraction01/

This is cool/fun stuff that works well with several Cakewalk products... More is coming...

-Andrew Souter
Galbanum | sonic science aural allusion

7 Replies Related Threads

AT
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 10654
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/11/30 23:29:17 (permalink)
    Cool. when are some demo's going up?

look forward

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
    http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
    24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
    Nick P
    Max Output Level: -44 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3112
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/12/01 00:21:27 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: GPD

...unconventional atonal loop-adders, rhythmic textures, glitched-out underground sounds, and unusual percussion hits which are designed to be mixed with conventional music elements to synergistically co-create tomorrow's post-modern platinum grooves...suitable for Minimal House, Minimal Techno, Minimal Trance, Electro House, Tech House, Progressive House, Deep House, Progressive Trance, DnB and Breaks, Ambient and Chill Out, Glitch Hop, Trip Hop, Electronica and IDM, Left Field, Abstract Rock, Film and Game Scoring, Sound FX, and any other cross-genre music style that successfully borrows from these influences.

LOL, I'm still trying to learn how Mozart voiced a G major triad for his orchestra.

LOL again, not to diss this collection, but I just watched the Disney movie "Enhanted" with a simply marvelous score, huge budget production all the way around, definitely "platinum" dollars spent, and yet I heard little or none of the elements mentioned above. Point being, I have learned that one may choose to ignore much and still be relevant. In fact, the process of learning what to ignore may be the key to relevance!
    post edited by Nick P - 2007/12/01 00:36:15

Cakewalk Forums - A Great Learning Resource For All Things Cakewalk!
    GPD
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/12/01 17:20:21 (permalink)
    Of course harmonic analysis of Mozart or any other classical genius certainly has its place.... Of course melody, harmony, and story are very important. For some styles of music these are all that matters. For others, new sound-design elements are needed to suite and advance the market. Is Abstraction 01 or similar sounds/products needed for a classical score? Probably not. But is a Mozart score needed for a club in Berlin, Miami, London, NYC, Paris, etc...? probably not either at least at the current moment... We are in a time where we are exploring exactly what defines "music" and in many styles it is a loose term... This is more of a collection of organized sound, than "music" as we are used to... For styles other than minimal techno it is intended as a "spice" to add to the more traditional elements of music.... But it's not for everyone...
    Nick P
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/12/01 18:40:05 (permalink)
    All true. I was just kidding. The barrage of stylistic phraseology just made me chuckle a little. And actually, as regards many modern film scores, the marriage of the classical orchestra with the full-on electronica elements is alive and well. So neither is more valid than the other.

I look forward to checking out this library. Are/will there be any mp3 demos?

What about a professionally crafted set of programs for Rapture and DimPro which make use of both of your sets of waveforms?

lawapa
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1144
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/12/01 18:45:10 (permalink)
    Frank Zappa had classical atonal musical hero's. This free form goes back a long way to the turn of the last century.

Mind you Zappa music is closer to club/dance/tecno than Mozart is.
    Nick P
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/12/02 03:13:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: lawapa

...Zappa music is closer to club/dance/tecno than Mozart is.

Disagree. But first of all, I think the expression "Zappa music" is too broad, since he worked in a wide range of styles. Nevertheless, from a rhythmic standpoint, I see alot of similarities between Mozart and the early Viennese classicists and trance music in terms of melody being used as a rhythmic driver as opposed to non-pitched drums and percussion.

This would be an interesting topic to explore and debate, however I just wouldn't have the time since I keep realizing there's a bunch of stuff I need to learn in music. 25 years ago I thought I knew it all. That would have been a good time for this debate

GPD
    RE: ABSTRACTION 01 2007/12/02 18:14:59 (permalink)
    Personally, I am a pianist as well... (well more of a composer, I would certainly not keep up sight reading Rachmaninoff with an orchestra) and I absolutely love classical music as well... It's definitely hard to find much overlap between the two worlds sometimes... Maybe THAT's the future! ;-)

I look forward to checking out this library. Are/will there be any mp3 demos?

Yes. There should be a flash streamer on the product listing page. Is it not streaming for you?

Also there is a demo link that contains the same MP3 Loops and some AIFF Percusion Hits...

http://galbanum.com/products/abstraction01/demo/Galbanum_Abstraction01_Demo.zip

What about a professionally crafted set of programs for Rapture and DimPro which make use of both of your sets of waveforms?

As Steve Jobs might say.... "We do not discuss our future plans"... this usually means "coming soon..." ;-)
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1