AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

Author
Tonytc9
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 182
2006/07/26 20:28:31 (permalink)

AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone

I've been trying to look for professonal reviews about this mic...now I want opinions. Please tell me about this mic and is it worth it? I have an acoustic problem that captures low frequeny echos (thats what I think it captures) which really F***'s up my mix down with my vocals. Can this fix it? Can a certain Reverb do the job. Please......I need answers lol
post edited by Tonytc9 - 2006/07/26 20:40:19

Ca$h..............upcoming artist........please support this solo movement. Visit: CASHMUSIC.NET

New mixes.........need opinions "quality based"

6 Replies Related Threads

dmassey
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 210
    RE: AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone 2006/07/26 21:42:26 (permalink)
    This is a good mic for the $$$. However, it sounds like you have an acoustical problem that needs attention.
    Tonytc9
    RE: AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone 2006/07/27 10:50:10 (permalink)
    Here is the link from my recording set-up.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=W1LRFHKL

Now you tell me. It seems like a low frequeny sound from the acoutic echos is the problem. Please. more infomation

Ca$h..............upcoming artist........please support this solo movement. Visit: CASHMUSIC.NET

kennywtelejazz
    Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7151
    RE: AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone 2006/07/27 11:54:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Tonytc9

I've been trying to look for professonal reviews about this mic...now I want opinions. Please tell me about this mic and is it worth it?

My opinion on the AKG Perception 200 is that for the money it is great.
    I have one and am pretty happy with it.
    They are basicly Mics that Musicans Friend and the Guitar Center had made for them by AKG , don't know all the details on that end of things but they are AKGs.
    They are made in China and come with a AKG waranty, hence the reasonable price tag.
    The Perception 200 has 2 switches
    Bass cut filter which rolls off at 12 dB/octave from 300 Hz downward
    Preattenuation pad which lets you increase the headroom by 10 dB for distortion free close in recording.
    Hope that helps
    Kenny
    post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2006/07/27 12:08:05

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
    The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
    I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
    The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

Tonytc9
    RE: AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone 2006/07/27 21:53:54 (permalink)
    With the Bass cut, can it stop acoutic problems? I own a MXL 990 but face werid acoutic problems and struggling to fix the wounds lol. I do not want to buy foam cause I am in a apartment and basically they come, check, and take down (in some sense....thats sounds really distrubing lol) So I am trying awkward positions with the mic set-up. The desired set up now is the mic against the wall as close as it can get with two not-so-thick/thin blankets on the left & right sides....and might make the left blanket cover around. I see that its good as it gets because when I speak into it.....its bright....but with the blankets.....I hope they absorb adnormal acoutics problems. Please.....more infomation....and what about the Mic Modele from Antares????

dmassey
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 210
    RE: AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone 2006/07/27 23:12:59 (permalink)
    You can't fix bad acoustics with mics or electronics. If you can't put treatment on the walls, build free-standing panels or accordian-fold panels with treatment on facing side. Do you have any sofas or chairs with big pillows? Put them in the room.
    Don't put the mic against the wall, move it out in the room and move it around to find the best spot.

I'm using some salvaged cubicle walls that I lean against the room walls. Helped a lot without being attached.
    Tonytc9
    RE: AKG Perception 200 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone 2006/07/28 00:04:01 (permalink)
    No sofas...no chairs. I was recommened quilt-stuffing (forgot what the name of that certain cushion) but plainly didn't help. So blocking a corner with blankets with the mic position will NOT stop the echos through-out the whole room without some sort of acoutic foam? I had a set-up with blankets covered over it......the quality of the vocals got alot DEEPER low fregueny and I tried to fix the problem with EQ....the deep echo still dawned on me. Maybe I just answered my own question lol. Or maybe its not a echo at all. Please listen to the track.....and please pay close attention to the vocal strip

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0X18HGGA

Tell me what it is....and how to fix it......PLEASE.mroe infomation

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1