ANYONE RECORDING WITH SONAR X1 STUDIO ?

Author
radio
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2782
2011/07/22 22:19:51 (permalink)

ANYONE RECORDING WITH SONAR X1 STUDIO ?

I posted this in the area for Sonar X1 Studio and Producer with no luck , has anyone purchased and used Sonar X1 Studio here on the forum .
It almost seems like CakeWalk hasn't sold any of their Sonar X1 Studio versions , only the Producer version .

I trying to find out if both versions produce the same sound after you have created a song .
Is one better then the other when you talk about basic recording ? I know the Producer
Version has some extra mixing tools for final mixing .

Anyway I was hoping to hear both version here on the forum , maybe someone has posted a song here and they used Sonar X1 Studio .

Radio

4 Replies Related Threads

Heavy_Sounds
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re:ANYONE RECORDING WITH SONAR X1 STUDIO ? 2011/07/23 01:18:27 (permalink)
    I'm recording with -1 and "Can't see WTF you are talking about here" WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Well

radio
    Re:ANYONE RECORDING WITH SONAR X1 STUDIO ? 2011/07/23 09:43:08 (permalink)
    Heavy_Sounds

I'm recording with -1 and "Can't see WTF you are talking about here" WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be Well

Ding Dong anyone home , the game is over Bobby !

SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    Re:ANYONE RECORDING WITH SONAR X1 STUDIO ? 2011/07/23 10:04:51 (permalink)

Hi James

There will be absolutely no difference in the quality of the recorded sound whether you use X1 Producer or X1 Studio.

Depending on which soundcard you have, both will let you record in very high quality indeed (up to 192kHz at 24bit - remember CD quality is only 41kHz at 16bit to see the difference X1 lets you record at).

The difference between the two products is in the extra tools and features you get in X1 Producer.

The biggest difference in my opinion is that you get what's called the 'Pro Channel' in X1 Producer - it's a Compressor/Equalizer/Tube Saturation module built into every Track and every Buss. It's fully User-controllable and there are some very nice presets to get you going):

You also get a suite of very good quality Mastering VST plug-ins which will help to 'polish' up your final mixes.

Cakewalk have a chart showing in detail the differences between X1 Producer, Studio and Essential - here's the link: http://www.cakewalk.com/products/SONAR/SONAR%20X1-Comp-Chart.pdf 

Pound for pound I think X1 Producer represents much better value overall, and of course you'll then be in the best position to upgrade to future versions of the software.

What Cakewalk recording software are you using now? 

Here's a couple more links to help you decide:

post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2011/07/23 10:09:24

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

radio
    Re:ANYONE RECORDING WITH SONAR X1 STUDIO ? 2011/07/23 10:12:41 (permalink)

Thanks Steve , I'm still tossing the coin on which version will be the best for me .
    I have untill next friday on the 29th to decide , I'll most likely go with the Producer version .

Thanks ! Radio

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1