A-Pro Control Surface Plug-In Set Up With Logic 9 Advice

Author
Popmuzc
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/01/21 21:51:30 (permalink)

A-Pro Control Surface Plug-In Set Up With Logic 9 Advice

I just set up an A-800Pro with Logic 9 and I thought I would pass on an important step to get it to work. I thought it wasn't working because I was testing it with the transport controls. You must have the B4 button lit up in order for play, stop, etc.. to work. I know it is in the directions, but when you have a problem with loading a plug-in, you tend not to read about the functioning of the controls if you think none are working. I had the B1,B2,B3, and B4 buttons set to B1 and the transport buttons do not work in that mode, they turn solo on/off which I didn't see light up because they are so small in Logic9. It also appears that the ctrl map number must be set to 0 or 19 for it to work with Logic 9. Hope this helps someone out there who will be setting up an A-Pro midi controller with Logic 9.  -----AL (Now back to creating music)

2 Replies Related Threads

Popmuzc
    Re:A-Pro Control Surface Plug-In Set Up With Logic 9 Advice 2011/01/21 22:23:13 (permalink)
    In Act Mode I now notice all 4 B buttons are lit up all the time. So when you press the button nothing happens to the light, but the mode changes. This explains why I didn't notice anything happening because I would hit B1 and B2 and B3 but never made it to B4 because nothing was changing with the functioning of the transport.  To clarify, If you hit B4, the transport buttons work. Hit any other B button again and you lose the transport without any lights telling you that you are not in B4 anymore. This is crazy. Why do engineers let this happen?  
    post edited by Popmuzc - 2011/01/21 22:26:50
    RaWoody
    Re:A-Pro Control Surface Plug-In Set Up With Logic 9 Advice 2011/01/29 14:37:30 (permalink)
    Popmuzc ...many thanks for the great tip...very useful...for my Snow Leo Logic Studio 9 Setup.

If i understand you right...the Act Mode Button must be active to work under Logic?

Does anyone know how to set this up on older Macs a MacOSX Tiger Logic 8...non Leopard.

The A-Pro Control Surface Plug In says ...only Leopard.
    I can see the A PRO when open Logic 8 on my older PPC OSX 10.4.8 but it's not working...at least not like it should.

Is there anyone who can show an Example of a A Pro Editor Window...i don't have any clue how to set this up...to get it working in older versions of Logic or i.e Pro Tools...

Midi is very complicated...

Anyone?

Thanks in advance
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1