ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices)

Author
Mydemise
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 33
2010/06/23 06:17:18 (permalink)

ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices)

I am not sure what I did when installing some dmxis software but this error keeps popping up during Sonar 8.5 startup. It says...
  1. ARX MIDI Port Error - "Cannot open ARX MIDI ports. Please ensure ARX is connected and that the MIDI ports are not selected in the host."
I have never used ARX and it is not listed in my midi devices at all. Did I delete something in vst plugins folder possibly? I was trying to figure out where dmxis plugins were and I think I messed something up? PLEASE tell me how to remedy this error. I googled this topic and pasted the info below. I deleted the other messages that never popped up for me to have less variables. Thanks for any help.

ARX MIDI Port Error upon inserting ARX Editor

The information in this article applies to:
  • SONAR V-Studio 700
  • SONAR 8 Producer Edition

When inserting the ARX editor into SONAR, you may receive the following three error messages:
  1. ARX MIDI Port Error - "Cannot open ARX MIDI ports. Please ensure ARX is connected and that the MIDI ports are not selected in the host."
You will receive these error messages if you have enabled the ARX MIDI ports in SONAR's MIDI Devices menu. This is normal behavior as the ARX Editor requires that the ARX MIDI ports are not enabled by your host when inserting.
To resolve all three messages, do the following:

1. In SONAR go to Options | MIDI Devices
  2. Remove the check marks next to "ARX (VS-700)" under both Inputs and Outputs
  3. Click OK

9 Replies Related Threads

Mydemise
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2010/06/23 13:44:59 (permalink)
    I asked the question in the producer forum because I don't use ARX although  an ARX error pops up upon sonar startup. I tried the remedy suggested online from a google of the problem with no luck. Do you have the remedy? thanks.
    e.Blue
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 693
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2010/06/23 14:12:00 (permalink)
    Did you install the ARX editor during your V-Studio software setup...? I seem to recall something about not installing that option unless you actually have an ARX board installed. You should be able to re-run setup and then de-select that ARX Editor during setup to correct it. Might be worth checking...

-eB

downSouthsidemusic - recording / mixing / mastering / production / custom sounds & loops
    Everett 'e.Blue' Garnett - Owner/Operator
    Full gear listing available here: Hardware / Software / See us on 
    Mydemise
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2010/06/23 19:29:24 (permalink)
    I dont even have a vstudio and to my knowledge never messed with anything ARX relatyed. I originally posted this in the sonar forum but it was moved. I dont want to go thru the hassle of e a re install.  Is there something in the vst plugins that I may have inadvertinately messed up while checking for dmxis plugins I was manually trying to paste to my vst plugins area?
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2010/06/23 19:35:55 (permalink)
    Mydemise

I dont even have a vstudio and to my knowledge never messed with anything ARX relatyed. I originally posted this in the sonar forum but it was moved. I dont want to go thru the hassle of e a re install.  Is there something in the vst plugins that I may have inadvertinately messed up while checking for dmxis plugins I was manually trying to paste to my vst plugins area?

I really don't see why you're getting the ARX message at all if you don't have VS 700 system complete with the 700C and V700R.
    The message about the ARX port is dependant upon a plugin scan not finding the ARX card. Did you do a custom install of Sonar?

Craig DuBuc
    Mydemise
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2010/06/24 05:05:14 (permalink)
    When I was installing dmxis  I didnt see dmxis in the plugin folder area so I did a plugin search or scan. That may be why? Have any idea how to make it go away? I will never have the vs700 unless it could be incorporated into my live sequencing rig?
    Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2010/06/24 17:26:46 (permalink)
    I'm not sure what dmxis is that you're refering to. But you must have installed the ARX software somehow. Could the ARX Editor as eBlue suggested. Deleting the ARX folder from Cakewalk files usually gets rid of it. I don't remeber the exact path but it is in the V-700 knowledge base and support in the Cakewalk site. Other than that I'd say do a reinstall and watch what you put in.

Craig DuBuc
    trinhco
    • Total Posts : 1
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2015/11/11 05:34:05 (permalink)
    I have the same problem with Sonar Platinum
    Please show me how to get rid of it 

Thanks
    Vince
    Roby.Damian
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2015/11/18 12:53:48 (permalink)
    Today I have update my Sonar, and now I have the same error Arx Midi Port Error. Help !!
    Wierdophile
    Re:ARX midi port error but im not using ARX(not even in midi devices) 2015/11/28 21:46:28 (permalink)
    Same error here, though it doesn't seem to hurt anything just annoying
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1