ATT: CW ~ X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page

Author
SongCraft
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3902
2010/11/16 21:49:21 (permalink)

ATT: CW ~ X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page

Cakewalk,

In regards to the page listing 'Comparison; X1 Essential, Studio and Producer'. 

On the left column starting with the ProChannel...

. it would be great if those items linked to a pop-up window displaying image, details and link to video (if there's a video available for that particular item)!. 

This would be ideal and convenient especially for new visitors who are thinking of purchasing but having difficulty deciding on which version to get.

-
post edited by SongCraft - 2010/11/18 09:00:37

7 Replies Related Threads

SongCraft
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/18 08:59:44 (permalink)
    OK let me explain it this way....

Example:
    Customer get's an Email shortly after X1 is announced (but not yet released),  Email: 'upgrade now to get X1 free', the customer has HomeStudio but cannot decide which upgrade path to take; (Studio or Producer?) to get X1(Studio?/Producer?) free, or wait to get the upgrade directly to; X1 Essential.

Can Cakewalk see that their release strategy (Marketing) for X1 is like putting 'the cart before the horse'... customers are not going to blindly upgrade before getting the details (to help decide which upgrade path to take)!

Anyway, I don't mean any disrespect toward Cakewalk, and so far from what I've seen about X1 it looks promising. I will be upgrading but not till March 23, 2011 (my Birthday).

-

benstat
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 972
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/18 09:12:20 (permalink)
    I agree that the comparison page is lacking at the moment. I'm hungry for more info.
    It's also weird that the Japanese Cakewalk site has a more detailed comparison page than the US site!
    SongCraft
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/18 19:51:18 (permalink)
    benstat

I agree that the comparison page is lacking at the moment. I'm hungry for more info.
    It's also weird that the Japanese Cakewalk site has a more detailed comparison page than the US site!

I noticed that!

Hmmm no reply from CW as yet?  I guess they're busy playing X1 (can't blame them)!

Imagine a new customer is thinking of dumping their flakey Cubase, or their dicey PT8, they stumble on Cakewalk's X1 it reads; 'Buy Sonar.8.5 get X1 Free' but where is are the extra details for example;  what the heck is T-Series?,  what the Heck are Essential Instruments?,  what the heck?, what?, what?, what the heck is that?  *arrgghhhh*  then they decide to purchase Presonus S1Pro instead. (Oh God, if only they knew what they will be missing)!

Come on Cakewalk! This marketing strategy is coy and almost beguile; next time when you release a new product include more details, be careful not to appear guile.  And IMO I think my suggestion to include more details on the comparison page is a good idea.

-

timidi
    Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5449
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/18 20:14:06 (permalink)
    it's common practice for corporations to keep their customers baffled. If you give them sufficient information, they will go away. If you give them just enough to want to search more, the product becomes more engrained.

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4951
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/18 20:21:53 (permalink)
    This is exactly why after being a Cakewalk owner since PA6 a shiny new box of Pro-Tools 9 is on the way (and lord knows I am not not a fan). Avad's announcement killed Sonar. Smell the inevitability!
    nprime
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2423
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/18 21:39:14 (permalink)
    10Ten

This is exactly why after being a Cakewalk owner since PA6 a shiny new box of Pro-Tools 9 is on the way (and lord knows I am not not a fan). Avad's announcement killed Sonar. Smell the inevitability!

Please report back on how well that works out for you. I am curious.

...also it is Avid...

Listen

Sonar 5PE
    Intel DP35DP, E6750, 3 GB, 80GB/320 GB
    Scope (6 DSP) w/A16 interface
    PadKontrol, Legacy Series MS20, EZDrummer.
    SongCraft
    Re:Sonar X1 Comparison ~ Suggestion for that page 2010/11/19 00:46:13 (permalink)
    timidi

it's common practice for corporations to keep their customers baffled. If you give them sufficient information, they will go away. If you give them just enough to want to search more, the product becomes more engrained.

Hey Tim

Good to see, hope you're doing well :)

Sorry mate, I disagree with what you said.

Oh and don't forget; software is usually non-refundable...

I always do a more in-depth reading up on the details, and I'm the sort of person that reads the manual from start to end before using the software.  Just about all the products I have purchased from corporations have provided more details and most provide manual.pdf and guides.pdf, whereas Cakewalk is one of the very few that don't provide manuals.pdf (except when purchasing s/ware), and usually only a demo of their flagship product is available.  That said; Cakewalk should at the very least provide more details on X1 especially since they have already sent Emails out asking people to purchase.

Quote - timidi:
    If you give them just enough to want to search more, the product becomes more engrained

What becomes ingrained is frustration.  Here's just one example; you, I and others might know what the T-Series is, but new customers would not have a clue and the pages on X1 provided zero details on the T-Series.  Try and do a Google search on T-Series?, search results may produce; T-Model Ford, T-Shirts, T-Pain.  = T-Frustration!

-
    post edited by SongCraft - 2010/11/19 00:50:53

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1