Helpful ReplyAaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR

Author
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
2017/11/19 02:42:53 (permalink)

Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR

All tracks syncing up, final Tempo Maps set, everything moving as it should, ready to do some intense listening/editing.

sooooo nerdy... but hotdang I think this goan be werthit.

/humblebrag
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 06:00:51 (permalink)
Clips in the Songs forum or it didn't happen! 

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
synkrotron
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5263
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 06:40:36 (permalink)
Yeah, post your not so perfect demo.

I hope it isn't sterile or pastiche, what ever that is.

And no auto tune either... Or Banal Bass.

http://www.synkrotron.co.uk/
Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
craigb
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 06:55:23 (permalink)
Don't worry Andy, he only uses auto-derp and weiner loops! 

Beepster
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 19:55:32 (permalink)
Can't do that until I get the actual album finished. The off the floor takes will require a VERY different mix and I want the album done before digging into that.

I am however working at my usual, slow but persistent, pig headed pace and everything seems to be working.

Small problems of course are being exposed now but all the work I've done so far (and am continuing to do) is making them very quick/minor fixes. I'm getting impatient to start tracking again but I need some fresh picks (my yellow Tortex Tri-Tips for this project which is what I always used with these guys) and have some meatworld/doctorB (the extra B is for BARGAIN) crap to sort out over the next couple weeks.

This is however all very satisfying. 5+ years ago I would not have thought any of this possible... and then I learned otherwise. Then I was unsure if I could ever actually understand/DO what I wanted to do and dorked around and dorked around and read and experimented and blah blah blah.

Now I finally am going to have the beds that should have been from the beginning.

Oh, computers... you are kind of awesome.
Beepster
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:17:15 (permalink)
BTW... I actually had fully corrected the entire album a year or so ago but because I was new to the technique (and I hadn't really gotten a chance to become reaquainted with the material) I did kind of a "Hard Correct". Essentially I was hunting for snare and kick hits that strayed from the timeline and did my adjustments at that level.

It was cool for practicing to and doing some tests but I realized that by micro managing the individual hits I was sucking a lot of the life out of the original grooves. So I redid it and instead found proper "Anchor" points and adjusted those instead as necessary.

Just the right amount of "Drift" now but still follows a perfect overall timeline.
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:27:32 (permalink)
Beeps...'dancing about architecture', and all that...

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
synkrotron
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:33:30 (permalink)
Beepster
Can't do that until I get the actual album finished. The off the floor takes will require a VERY different mix and I want the album done before digging into that.

I am however working at my usual, slow but persistent, pig headed pace and everything seems to be working.

Small problems of course are being exposed now but all the work I've done so far (and am continuing to do) is making them very quick/minor fixes. I'm getting impatient to start tracking again but I need some fresh picks (my yellow Tortex Tri-Tips for this project which is what I always used with these guys) and have some meatworld/doctorB (the extra B is for BARGAIN) crap to sort out over the next couple weeks.

This is however all very satisfying. 5+ years ago I would not have thought any of this possible... and then I learned otherwise. Then I was unsure if I could ever actually understand/DO what I wanted to do and dorked around and dorked around and read and experimented and blah blah blah.

Now I finally am going to have the beds that should have been from the beginning.

Oh, computers... you are kind of awesome.

Beepster
BTW... I actually had fully corrected the entire album a year or so ago but because I was new to the technique (and I hadn't really gotten a chance to become reaquainted with the material) I did kind of a "Hard Correct". Essentially I was hunting for snare and kick hits that strayed from the timeline and did my adjustments at that level.

It was cool for practicing to and doing some tests but I realized that by micro managing the individual hits I was sucking a lot of the life out of the original grooves. So I redid it and instead found proper "Anchor" points and adjusted those instead as necessary.

Just the right amount of "Drift" now but still follows a perfect overall timeline.

So, when are we getting the pleasure Mr Beep?

Intel Core™i7-3820QM Quad Core Mobile Processor 2.70GHz 8MB cache | Intel HM77 Express Chipset | 16GB SAMSUNG 1600MHz SODIMM DDR3 RAM | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675M - 2.0GB DDR5 Video RAM | 500GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD | Windows 10 Pro | Roland OCTA-CAPTURE | SONAR Platinum ∞ FFS| Too many VSTi's to list here | KRK KNS-8400 Headphones | Roland JP-8000 | Oberheim OB12 | Novation Nova | Gibson SG Special | PRS Studio
Beepster
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:44:37 (permalink)
I know the general consensus is that I'm mucking with it too much/overthinking it but what I'm doing was actually the original vision for these tunes (and has to compete with a pretty decent 1st album which I want to blow out of the water).

These tracks were never intended to be released. Just a pre prod test so we could hammer out some nuances before the final tracking. There had also been a recent line up change that was still settling in.

We had actually done a whole NEW set of takes but again there had been some line up kerjiggering. I actually "mixed" an entire album from that but we scrapped it because of timing issues thankfully because that mix SUCKED. I did not even know what compression was or to even use group busses. All in all it turned out pretty cool considering how inept I was but no... just... no.

You could say this has been my number one obsession for... well a very very long time now... and it seems to be working.

Can't stop now, brostein.

#cantstopnow
synkrotron
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:45:53 (permalink)
Beepster
I know the general consensus is that I'm mucking with it too much/overthinking it but what I'm doing was actually the original vision for these tunes (and has to compete with a pretty decent 1st album which I want to blow out of the water).

These tracks were never intended to be released. Just a pre prod test so we could hammer out some nuances before the final tracking. There had also been a recent line up change that was still settling in.

We had actually done a whole NEW set of takes but again there had been some line up kerjiggering. I actually "mixed" an entire album from that but we scrapped it because of timing issues thankfully because that mix SUCKED. I did not even know what compression was or to even use group busses. All in all it turned out pretty cool considering how inept I was but no... just... no.

You could say this has been my number one obsession for... well a very very long time now... and it seems to be working.

Can't stop now, brostein.

#cantstopnow

Is it a Prog Rock Conceptual Album Thing you twerkin on Beeps?

Beepster
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:47:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby synkrotron 2017/11/19 20:52:30
synkrotron
So, when are we getting the pleasure Mr Beep?

No idea but I will put you on the list of folks who'll get sent a taste as things progress.

You're a good cat, Andy.

Beepster
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:52:00 (permalink)
synkrotron

Is it a Prog Rock Conceptual Album Thing you twerkin on Beeps?

It's essentially a "Hardcore" album but yeah... there is a whole pile of thrashy/proggy type stuff going on.

Conceptual? Well, no... I think. The concept was the band itself and the community it existed in. Hard to explain but this is like family type stuff (even if we weren't blood relatives).

synkrotron
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/19 20:53:43 (permalink)
Beepster

You're a good cat, Andy.

Fanks mate, I appreciate that, and I sincerely look forward to anything you have as WIP on a strictly confidential basis...

cheers

andy

craigb
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/20 05:49:30 (permalink)
[ignore]
tl;dr
[/ignore]

So where are the clips?  

#NagBap©

Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Aaaaah... All time kerfutzered tracks successfully populated into SONAR 2017/11/20 13:15:34 (permalink)
Looking forward to hearing it!

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1