Acoustic Mirror Plugin Problem

Author
mauryw
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 445
2005/08/08 08:57:47 (permalink)

Acoustic Mirror Plugin Problem

I am trying to use the Dx Acoustic Mirro Plugin in Sony's Soundforge as an insert in a SONAR vocal track. I want to use the microphone emulation to affect the vocal track. I want to use it non-destructively in SONAR. But, even with the most relaxed settings, the acoustic mirror causes stutters in the track, even when I export. There is no drop out, just very poor performance from the plug in. If I take the track to Soudnforge, the effect seems to work fine, but it is destructive when I bring it back in to SONAR. So, Acoustic Mirror must be very CPU intensive, more than any other plugin I have tried. Is there a work around?

4 Replies Related Threads

Al
    Max Output Level: -35 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4047
    RE: Acoustic Mirror Plugin Problem 2005/08/08 11:44:58 (permalink)
    There is no drop out, just very poor performance from the plug in

you said it.. it's old and never got an update for fixing that (Sony doesn't really care if outside of Soundforge it doesn't run well)

So, Acoustic Mirror must be very CPU intensive, more than any other plugin I have tried. Is there a work around?

It can be cpu intensive (you tried the slider..cpu usage does go down with lower qualities) but that's not the only problem - again, there's a known incompatibility between some of SF plugins (Sony and before that SonicFoundry) and Sonar...not sure if other DX hosts can play well with Acoustic Mirror inserted as a realtime plugin.

Much fun with ours to natural resound! <G>
    ohhey
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11676
    RE: Acoustic Mirror Plugin Problem 2005/08/08 12:06:54 (permalink)
    Acoustic Mirror takes all of your CPU to do it's thing so it doesn't work as a plugin to a program like Sonar. In fact most systems can't even do a preview at full quality, not even a 3.2 ghz system. So if you want to use it on one track what you have to do is clone the track in Sonar, open the copy in Sound Forge (using the Tools menu in Sonar) apply Acoustic mirror with the setting to 100% wet and converting mono to stereo, then save and close and answer yes to reimport it into Sonar. The track will now be a stereo reverb only of the track and you can blend that to taste with the mono dry one just like if it were an effect return to the mix.
    Tonmann
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 661
    RE: Acoustic Mirror Plugin Problem 2005/08/08 12:15:56 (permalink)
    Have a look at the free IR processor plugin "SIR" over here: http://www.knufinke.de/sir/index_en.html

Maybe you can use it for this particular project instead of Acoustic Mirror.
    SIR runs quite well in Sonar here for me.

cheers,
    Chris

...maybe I never realized the joy till the joy was gone...
    bnmoore
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 445
    RE: Acoustic Mirror Plugin Problem 2005/08/09 02:39:07 (permalink)
    not sure if other DX hosts can play well with Acoustic Mirror inserted as a realtime plugin.

I tried it in Forte and got silence for output.

Ben N. Moore
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1