Added new VSTs to SPro, Scan shows they are in but I cannot find them in audio fx. ?

Author
Daviji
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2017/09/30 09:08:22 (permalink)

Added new VSTs to SPro, Scan shows they are in but I cannot find them in audio fx. ?

Why can I not find the new fx in the add audio fx.?

1 Reply Related Threads

scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Added new VSTs to SPro, Scan shows they are in but I cannot find them in audio fx. ? 2017/09/30 13:53:07 (permalink)
    Sometimes it is useful to know which FX's are being added.

If they show up in the plug-in manager but not in the layouts the most likely cause is SONAR is using a custom layout and the plug-ins need to be added to the layout. This is a manual process.

If the plug-ins do not appear in the plug-in manager but the dll/vst3 names were seen in the toast notification when the scanner ran, here are a couple of possibilities:
    1) the plug-in failed scanning - in this case the plug-in will be in the excluded list. There is an option in the Plug-in Manager to view excluded plug-ins. NOTE: it is normal to have some plug-ins excluded. Do not worry if there are entries in the excluded lists look for the plug-ins just added. If the recently added plug-ins are in the excluded list, there may have been an issue with activation. For example, if the plug-in is iLok protected, run the iLok manager and activate the plug-in, then run a manual scan in SONAR with "Rescan failed plug-ins" checked. The scan options are in SONAR Preferences > File > VST Settings.
    2) the plug-in is listed but with an unexpected name. By default SONAR displays the name the plug-in creator embeds in the plug-in NOT the file name. Plug-in names are controlled by the VSTPlugInNameFormat in Cakewalk.ini. Details about this variable and all the others in Cakewalk.ini are here. Variables may be modified in Preferences > File > Initialization File. To see this option, select the Advanced button at the bottom of the Preferences dialog.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1