Addictive Drums 2 with Sonar X1

Author
edenscurse
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
2014/08/19 05:42:45 (permalink)

Addictive Drums 2 with Sonar X1

Hi Folks

I upgraded to AD2 recently and have been using AD1 regularly with great success for demo purposes.

I have been triggering my kick, snare and toms with Drumagog 5 and Steve Slate samples to great success, so I am very familiar with the AD1 interface and how to route the outputs to separate tracks.

On using AD2 for the first time, I notice the outputs offer three as opposed to no options now :

-> Master
-> Separate out
-> Separate out & Master

This makes sense to me, so I chose the third option as I want to trigger only the aforementioned kit pieces in Drumagog 5 and blend in the AD sound also.

However ... I cannot get a sound into the separate channels at all on Kick, Snare or any of the Toms. I have tried switching between all three outputs but still nothing. I'm following the same setup as AD1 where it plays and triggers in Midi without any issues whatsoever. I'd prefer NOT to freeze the synth if at all possible, but that maybe my only option, and even so, I am not convinced that will work either if there is no individual drums going to the relevant tracks - i.e. the meters only run on Master, there is nothing on Kick, Snare etc even when I have ticked the output arrow and selected my preferred routing.

Update : Freezing the synth never worked as suspected! There is nothing coming in so when it mixes down to audio there is nothing there except on the master track.

Can anyone help?

Running :
Sonar X1
Addictive Drums 2 (32 Bit)
Drumagog 5
Steven Slate Drums Version 2.0 Signature Drumkits (WAV/Drumagog GOG)
Windows 7 Home Premium (64 Bit)
Service Pack 1
Intel(R) Core(TM( i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.40 GHz
16GB RAM
post edited by edenscurse - 2014/08/19 07:50:13

-- 
Regards
Paul Logue
EDEN'S CURSE
email : paul@edenscurse.com
http://www.edenscurse.com
http://www.edenscurse.com/edensstore
http://www.facebook.com/edenscurseofficial

1 Reply Related Threads

Guitarpima
    Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4125
    Re: Addictive Drums 2 with Sonar X1 2014/08/19 12:32:04 (permalink)
    Make sure you have the latest updates. I had similar problems until the update came out.

I found that using both the master and individual outs did not sound as good as either using just the master or individual outs by themselves. I use just the individual outs. For some reason, together they don't sound quite right even flipping the phase. 

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1