Adding a library in Kontakt Player

Author
z1812
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 294
2018/01/05 01:34:54 (permalink)

Adding a library in Kontakt Player

Hi All,

I bought the Kirk Hunter Vrtuoso Ensemble on sale and downloaded the Kontakt 5 player. It requires Native Access to install the library.

Native access will not open after I installed it so I cannot install the library.

I am running Win7 SP1. I searched for information and apparently the fix is to make sure your updates are up to date. Mine are not but I am concerned about installing them in case they affect my Sonar install.

Does anyone know a work around without using Native Access. I suppose if I have too I will hold my breath and install the updates.

Any information or advice is appreciated.

John

3 Replies Related Threads

Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    Re: Adding a library in Kontakt Player 2018/01/05 02:12:31 (permalink)
    I'm in a similar situation : The older Native service center will not update Kontakt to the latest version and Native access will not install on my win 7 64 OS. It seems that Native access might want all the latest win 7 updates to function and I'm concerned that the OS updates will mess with my installs or set-ups. I've done a full back-up in case I get the nerve to let Microsoft loose on my system. So my take on it is : if NI doesn't fix Native access or service center to work with some backwards compatibility, they loose my business.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    djwayne
    Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2021
    Re: Adding a library in Kontakt Player 2018/01/05 02:22:33 (permalink)
    I downloaded the Kontackt 5 player the other night and had nothing but problems with it. I finally got it working but I wasn't impressed with the free samples they gave. So I went to East West and bought their Play 6 browser and was extremely impressed with it's search capabilities and the speed at which it worked. I was so impressed I bought 3 of their sound sample libraries. I don't think the Kirk Hunter stuff will work with the East West Play 6 though. Sorry I can't be of more help as I don't know the Kontackt player that well.
    z1812
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 294
    Re: Adding a library in Kontakt Player SOLVED 2018/01/05 18:16:07 (permalink)
    Here is how I solved the problem. Will work for Kontakt 5 Player or Kontakt 5

1. Uninstall Native Access. If you installed Kontakt 5 player uninstall that too.

2. Update Windows

3. Update your video card drivers from the vendors site, not through windows device manager.

4. Install Native access and open it. It takes quite a while to open the first time so be patient.

5. Follow these instructions https://support.native-in...-Party-KONTAKT-Library
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1