Adding variety to existing drum loops

Author
Dr Philip Pollock
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/06/02 03:51:44 (permalink)

Adding variety to existing drum loops

Hi guys,

Anyone using Guitar Tracks Pro 4 able to advise about how I can add to the drum loops already available on the software? Would Session Drummer 1, 2 or 3 integrate with GT4Pro? Should I download this from Cakewalk and will it be usable and how can this be done? I've looked at EZ Drummer, which looks good, but I'm unsure if it will integrate and be usable with GT4Pro. 

Any help and advice would be very welcomed!

P

1 Reply Related Threads

xxxlambo
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 68
    Re:Adding variety to existing drum loops 2011/06/02 11:30:24 (permalink)
    EZDrummer will work, as that is what I use.  I find it to be a very nice program.  I also have Session Drummer 3 (I got it when I upgraded to Sonar) and I've used that a couple of times but I find EZ to be easier for me.  I like their interface.  Both have good sounds, and you can expand both.

To add drum loops you can either create them yourself via clicking the piano roll, or by playing them on the keyboard.  Once you have a beat you like you could then use the Groove Clip looping feature to quickly copy it to however many measures you need.  You can also start with their stock patterns and modify as needed via the piano roll.  Perhaps I haven't spent enough time with Session Drummer but I found it easier to find a pattern I want when using EZDrummer.

Hope that helps.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1