Adjusting Volume Level Of Incomming Commercial Loop.

Author
Ken Teel
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2018/02/02 05:12:36 (permalink)

Adjusting Volume Level Of Incomming Commercial Loop.

I bought a package of loops from the Loop Loft.  When I import them they show up on the screen overdriven (into saturation.) This how they arrive on screen, not a result of raising any volume level in Sonar.  I have tried to fix this by lowering the volume level of the track, before the clip is imported.  It doesn't seem to make a bit of difference.  I can tell that the signal is being over driven, by looking at a wave form, AFTER it has been loaded, then lowered in amplitude,  and it shows flat spots on the peaks.  So, I know that the signal is hitting the rails.  In Sonar Home Studio 7, is there any way to lower the amplitude of a commercial loop, a clip, that is coming into Sonar ? By the way, I don't have this problem with loops from Loop Masters, that I have bought from them (not included in Sonar, when I bought it.) They load with plenty of headroom.  Thanks, guys.  I'll look for an answer.

2 Replies Related Threads

ooblecaboodle
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2102
    Re: Adjusting Volume Level Of Incomming Commercial Loop. 2018/02/02 11:02:10 (permalink)
    To be honest, it sounds like the files may be clipped, which seems odd.
    Is it distorting really badly? Some peak-slicing can be expected, some producers/engineers like to hit limiters hard, or even just push levels a little, but if it's audibly crunching then there's definitely something wrong.
    Ken Teel
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Adjusting Volume Level Of Incomming Commercial Loop. 2018/02/03 11:08:50 (permalink)
    OobleCabodle, thanks for getting back to me.  I'll attach a wave form, and you can see for yourself.  It's clipped pretty well around the 3rd beat of the measure.  You can hear it through Sony 7506 headphones.  As I stretch the time out (horizontal stretch), you can really see the flat line.  It has the appearance of a recording that was done too hot.  I'd attach a screen shot, but I don't see a way to do it here.  
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1