Advertisements

Author
rbarwick
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2018/11/25 02:48:41 (permalink)

Advertisements

Why the hell am I suddenly getting advertisements for Cakewalk every time I try to open a new file. This is intolerable.

3 Replies Related Threads

gustabo
    Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2591
    Re: Advertisements 2018/11/27 17:18:53 (permalink)
    Where?

Cakewalk by Bandlab - Win10 Pro x64 - StudioCat Platinum Studio DAW - 32 GB Ram - MOTU UltraLite-mk3
    M-Audio Keystation 88ES - Akai MPD26 (hot-rodded) - Alesis DM10 - a few guitars, a few amps
    Novation Launch Control - Korg nanoKONTROL2 - PreSonus FaderPort - DAW Remote HD on iPad
    Adam A7X - Behritone C50A
    PreSonus Monitor Station v2 (controlling the mons)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/sonarusergroup/

rbarwick
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: Advertisements 2018/12/02 04:16:39 (permalink)
    When I start Cakewalk Artist, an ad comes up for Cakewalk and Cakewalk Bandlab. I bought Artist over a year ago, so maybe it's related to that, but I can't find any place to renew a registration/subscription/ownership.
    scook
    Forum Host
    • Total Posts : 24146
    Re: Advertisements 2018/12/02 04:45:44 (permalink)
    Users making time payments who were current with their payments were granted full licenses to their product when Gibson shutdown Cakewalk. For those who purchased their product using the one-time payment plan, full licenses were granted immediately upon purchase.

I do not have Artist but do have Platinum and the only time I see any mention of Cakewalk by BandLab is using the web-based help. BandLab is hosting the old Cakewalk websites such as this forum and the online help. Starting the program does not launch a BandLab announcement.

If this is different from your experience,  BandLab support may be able to help.

SONAR Artist as a product was discontinued when Gibson shutdown Cakewalk operations in Nov. 2017. That said, the product should still work as before however; accessing the web-based help for any old Gibson/Cakewalk product triggers a BandLab screen on top of the help page.

BandLab purchased Cakewalk IP from Gibson and created a new product based on SONAR Platinum. The upgrade is free and is a considerable step up from SONAR Artist. It requires creating a BandLab account (use the same email as your Cakewalk accounts). If you elect to upgrade use the BandLab Assistant installation instructions.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1