Advice for Effects Processor

Author
bayoubill
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10899
2011/06/25 15:47:37 (permalink)

Advice for Effects Processor

I need to find out what would be a good vocal effects unit to use with our Yamaha MX 400 mixer. I was thinking of the Lexicon MX 200. Any advice in this area will be greatly appreciated. We could use effects like a doubler and stereo reverb.

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

4 Replies Related Threads

Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    Re:Advice for Effects Processor 2011/06/25 20:20:59 (permalink)
    Hi Bill,

I'm not sure what you want to spend, but you can probably find this stuff pretty cheap. I've always loved the sound of the Alesis Quadraverb 2 as well as the Digitech TSR-24. Older units that you can probably find on Ebay or something pretty cheap, but man, they really sound incredible in my opinion. My first choice would definitely be the Quad 2. Really flexible, lush, transparent and I still use mine to this day for tracking.

The Digitech, is a little more analog sounding. A bit warmer and can get a bit dirty in a good way. Some really great effects in it though. Pretty much the same as the Quadraverb 2 with a few different options. But the Quad would be more like a Lexicon sounding piece minus the price and loads of bang for the buck. I have both units here and have used them for many years. I actually used to use them for recording but due to the insane plugs that are available today, only use them for tracking people that want a little something as they perform that isn't commited to disc. Hope this helps, good luck!

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    bayoubill
    Re:Advice for Effects Processor 2011/06/26 11:44:54 (permalink)
    Thanks Danny! I haven't dealt much on the sound side. This band has nice sounding system but dry. I will foot the bill on this so I really needed knowledgeable experienced input. I'll be shopping all day Tuesday at several Spots along I-20  From Marshall to Tyler. I'll read up on the specs before I head out. Thanks again Danny!

SWAMP MUSIC
    Sonar PLATINUM        
    Studio Cat DAW

jimmyrage
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 238
    Re:Advice for Effects Processor 2011/06/26 12:19:50 (permalink)
    Actually I own a Lexicon MX 200.  I bought it because you can use it as a hardware unit within your effect buses in Sonor.  Didn't need it for that so I started using it at band rehearsal for the vocals and it's decent and easy to use.  
    bayoubill
    Re:Advice for Effects Processor 2011/06/26 12:39:44 (permalink)
    Thanks Jimmy! That was the one suggested by the other guitarist in our band. He said it was low priced and easy. I'm so uninformed in this area it's embarrassing but we need those effects in the system. I sure wish we had a Soundman! 

SWAMP MUSIC
    Sonar PLATINUM        
    Studio Cat DAW

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1