Akai MPK61 and Cakewalk 7XL latency problems

Author
cbcastro08
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2011/01/01 21:50:06 (permalink)

Akai MPK61 and Cakewalk 7XL latency problems

I just received a Akai MPK61 for Christmas and i am trying to see if i can fix the latency problems somehow. i was wondering if there is a way to actually sync the sounds to what im actually playing, there seems to be a minor delay when i am playing. any help would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    Re:Akai MPK61 and Cakewalk 7XL latency problems 2011/01/01 22:15:35 (permalink)
    Welcome to the forum.
    What sound card are you using?
    If it's the stock sound card, you may be able to reduce latency by moving the latency slider toward the Fast side (Options>Audio). If you move it too far, though, you could get pops, clicks or audio dropout. The trick is to find the spot when the latency isn't too bad and you don't get audio glitches. Use WDM driver mode instead of MME. If your operating system is Vista, the WASAPI driver can deliver low latency levels, I read.
    You can also download and install ASIO4All, an audio driver wrapper which makes WDM act like ASIO and sometimes works at reducing latency.
    The permanent, and best solution, in my opinion, is buying an audio interface designed for recording.
    Not a Sound Blaster.
    The latency has nothing to do with SHS or the Akai; it's all due to the sound card and it's settings.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    cbcastro08
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re:Akai MPK61 and Cakewalk 7XL latency problems 2011/01/02 00:15:58 (permalink)
    thanks for your reply, i really appreciate it, i have already been looking at an audio interface and have heard that it fixes latency problems the best, thanks again for you time
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1