Akai S2000 System Disk Issue - Can you help?

Author
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
2010/11/03 16:09:24 (permalink)

Akai S2000 System Disk Issue - Can you help?

Hi Gang...

First let me thank any and all responses in advance. I know that hardware is not much of what we're about here on the cakewalk DAW forums... ;-)

I was just given an Akai S2000 on "long-term loan"... My friend got a deal on it somewhere and never even tried to use it.

So when I turn it on it asks for the system disk... I searched the web for a few days and came up with a file that is supposed to either be or make the system disk. It doesn't do anything when I load the file itself on a floppy disk, so I tried running the file (which is an exe program). It appears to be making the system disk, but altho windows opens a DOS window and runs the file, it blocks access to the hard drive (it gives a message that it can't allow the access) and the program terminates. So the system disk can't get formed.

Is there still a way for me to open a DOS interface without windows? It was easy in the old windows (pro win95) but has become more difficult with each new version of windows.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Akai S2000 System Disk Issue - Can you help? 2010/11/03 21:23:37 (permalink)
    go onto the yahoo group for akai sampler.. someone local might be able to help you

the s1000 etc disks are not dos format.

if it's a dos program it's probably a "byte / sector" raw write thing like linux has.

maybe run it under dos box , see what happens

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1