Alesis q49 midi keyboard changing mic volume

Author
proaudiohardware
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2014/01/17 15:14:47 (permalink)

Alesis q49 midi keyboard changing mic volume

Hoping someone here can help me. I just got a Alesis q49 keyboard and the data entry slider changes my mic volume, I am not sure why. I have x3 daw, my audio device is a line 6 Toneport UX8. My mic out puts are running into channels (on the ux8) 7/8 from a voicelive (stereo outs). 7/8 are set to stereo also in sonar and my ux8 drivers. I also have a roland gr-55 going into chanells 3/4 stereo, and dry guitar into channel 1. neither the voicelive 2 or the GR-55 are connected via USB, so I have no other MIDI devices connected. My Alesis Q49 is connected midi out to the Voicelive 2 to control harmony pitch. Man I am puzzled. When I slide the data entry slider on the Q49 the Volume of my condenser Mic changes appropriately. I actually love this, but I am stumped on what Midi value that its changing. It is not setup as a control surface at all either. Just the mic level goes up or down accordingly, no other volumes change at all. master volume and everything else remains the same. What could this be changing? I have checked the Mic's track volume, The toneport ux8 outputs,  Master volumes, Totally lost. I am especially worried because I ordered a better Midi Keyboard and I want to re-create this. I noticed it when My mic volume seemed really low and I had to depress the hardware padding on the ux8's 7/8 mic inputs. Then last night I messed with the slider and bam 7/8 mic inputs could be increased via that q49 slider. I am pretty tech literate when it comes to this stuff, but I am lost. please, any input so appreciated!!!!!

Edit 1: Just wanted to add, I also checked the Voicelive 2 Mic out volumes, they dont change at all with the slider.
proaudiohardware
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Alesis q49 midi keyboard changing mic volume 2014/01/17 16:09:44 (permalink)
Solved: Solved, midi out on keyboard was changing outs on voicelive 2. Unplugging midi out cable removed control. I dont see it on VL2 settings menu, but its happening...
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1