Author
Steve B.
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2011/07/19 03:27:45 (permalink)

All the notes in the drum track have zero duration value

Hi everyone.
All the notes in the drum track are at zero "duration" and there is no sound
Can someone tell me how to change the note duration in the drum track from zero to an audible number. I have tried to lengthen them but nothing happened. 

Does any body how this happened at all

Any advise would be appreciated

2 Replies Related Threads

larrymcg
    Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1310
    Re:All the notes in the drum track have zero duration value 2011/07/19 14:02:58 (permalink)
    Without knowing how the track was created, I can't guess how the durations got set to zero.
    How did you determine the durations were zero?

The edit menu has a "length...." command but it only increases the length by some percent and 200% of zero is still zero.  Doesn't help your case.

There is the edit menu command called "Interpolate...".  It is quite mysterious but it will do the trick for you. 
    1. Select all events in the track.
    2. Click Edit Interpolate.....  This brings up the Event Filter - Search dialog box.  Make sure everything is selected by clicking (in lower right corner) the NONE and then the ALL box.
    3.  Click OK.  This changes the dialog box to Event Filter - Replace.
    4.  In the first row (for Notes), change the minimum duration to something like 200.  Then click OK.  All the notes in the drum track should be at least 200 now. 

As far as I can see the Replace operation doesn't actually replace.  It seems to do something like add the minimum length to the existing length.  So if there are non-zero lengths, the end result is something larger than 200.

Note that in the drum track view, all the drum notes are shown as very short "hits".  They will not look longer as you make their durations longer.  If you want to really see the note lengths, just temporarily change the channel number (in the track view) to something other than 10.

Good luck on this!
    --Larry

Intel Core i7-4790 @3.6GHz; 8GB; Win10 Pro 64bit; 1TB disk + 3TB ext disk; Midiman Fineline mixer; MidiSport 4x4 midi I/F; Roland JV-30 kbd/synth; Yamaha TG55 synth; Rx with 3 piece Home audio speakers; Sonar X3e Studio
    Steve B.
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re:All the notes in the drum track have zero duration value 2011/07/20 05:23:24 (permalink)
    Thank you Larry,

I would never have thought that Interpolate was the answer, I now have a working midi file. Thank you so much for your reply
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1