Helpful ReplyAmadeus Symphonic Orchestra

Author
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
2018/11/10 01:23:04 (permalink)

Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra

From the folks at Sonic Scores Overture: https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

Covering all the essentials of the orchestra, Amadeus includes– strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, keyboards, guitars and more. Everything you need for creating quick sketches, orchestra, film, and game scores, is at your finger tips. The library has carefully been engineered to load fast and provide authentic sounding instruments, allowing you to create incredible realistic scores.
Powered by Kontakt!

Available now! 
https://sonicscores.com/f...86&start=30#p62234
post edited by abacab - 2018/12/02 19:15:06

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Michael A.D.
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/14 13:53:33 (permalink)
I looked at the video and it seems pretty interesting - especially for only $149.  However, there is no documentation available yet - I do want to read the user manual.  Their website mentions that it is compatible with notation so I am curious if it is actually outputting midi for all the sounds I am hearing in the demo.
msmcleod
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 920
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/14 14:36:39 (permalink)
I'd like to see some documentation too.

The features lists the instruments in the orchestra, but looking at the GUI things like woodwinds are grouped together. It isn't clear whether each individual instrument can be played separately, or whether it's just a woodwind ensemble. Same with horns.

Mark McLeod
Cakewalk by BL | ASUS P8B75-V, Intel I5 3570 16GB RAM Win 10 64 + Win 7 64/32 SSD HD's, Scarlett 18i20 / 6i6 | ASUS ROG GL552VW 16GB RAM Win 10 64 SSD HD's, Scarlett 2i2 | Behringer Truth B2030A / Edirol MA-5A | Mackie MCU + C4 + XT | 2 x BCF2000, Korg NanoKontrol Studio
ZincTrumpet
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 891
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/14 14:39:23 (permalink)
Look good, thanks abacab.

One of the items on my Xmas wish list is actually Solid State Symphony from Indiginus but this does look better albeit at a greater cost.

ZincT

Cakewalk by BandLab 2018.11 Bld 31, Windows 10 Home 1803, Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz, Gigabyte Z77 HD3 mobo, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Fanless, Steinberg UR242 Audio Interface (F/W 1.01), Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.3
Latest music: Click Here
Amicus717
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 555
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/14 14:47:20 (permalink)
If you are already an Overture 5 owner, the price is $99. I own Overture but hardly use it, as I find it unstable and crash-prone. But that's not a bad price for a quick sketch tool that could be incorporated into your notation software to upgrade the sounds. If I used Overture a lot, I might consider it. 

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Pro 64, Core i7-5820K Haswell-E CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RME Babyface, Adam F7 monitors, Mackie MCU
abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/16 15:07:35 (permalink)
I also see the new orchestra library listed on their website at $99 for Overture 5 customers.

I grabbed the Overture 5, end of Cakewalk, discount crossgrade offer that Don extended to us last year.  He does currently offer crossgrades to Overture 5 from other notation programs for $129.

Don has been working on this symphonic sample library as an integration for Overture 5, and plans to create sound maps and presets for each instrument.  So it should be plug and play for Overture 5 users.  The plus side is that since it is a Kontakt 5 player compatible instrument, you could use it with any notation program or DAW that supports VST.

The demo in the video is just a preliminary example of the ensemble feature.  The demo is not a complete overview of the library.  The library will include individual instruments as well, with a range of articulations.

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/16 15:17:28 (permalink)
Michael A.D.
I looked at the video and it seems pretty interesting - especially for only $149.  However, there is no documentation available yet - I do want to read the user manual.  Their website mentions that it is compatible with notation so I am curious if it is actually outputting midi for all the sounds I am hearing in the demo.

That's a good question.  But I think it is supposed to work basically like most other orchestral sample libraries, by taking MIDI input and playing back samples from the library.  I don't think it is intended as a MIDI pattern generator.

So the idea for notation compatibility is that you compose in the notation program, and it plays back your score on realistic sounding sampled instruments.  If your notation program, such as Overture, can export to MIDI then you can capture your score as MIDI by exporting the data.

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/16 15:37:08 (permalink)
If you click on the "Features" tab at the at the top of this page you will see other instruments can be selected within the interface besides the full "Symphony" instrument.

https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

The full list:

Strings

• Solo Strings
    Solo Violin
    Solo Viola
    Solo Cello
    Solo Bass
  • String Ensembles
    Violins I
    Violins I
    Violas
    Cellos
    Basses
    Full String Ensemble
    Violins I Small Section
    Violins II Small Section
    Violas Small Section
    Cellos Small Section
    Basses Small Section
    Full String Ensemble Small

Brass

• Solo Brass
    French Horn I
    French Horn II
    French Horn III
    French Horn IV
    Trumpet I
    Trumpet II
    Trumpet III
    Trombone I
    Trombone II
    Trombone III
    Tuba
  • Brass Ensembles
    French Horn Ensemble
    Trumpet Ensemble
    Trombone Ensemble
    Tuba Ensemble
    Full Brass Ensemble
    Brass Small Ensemble

Woodwinds

• Solo Woodwinds
    Piccolo
    Flute I
    Flute II
    Alto Flute
    Bass Flute
    Oboe I
    Oboe II
    English Horn
    Clarinet I
    Clarinet II
    Bass Clarinet
    Bassoon I
    Bassoon II
    Contra Bassoon
  • Woodwind Ensembles
    Piccolo Ensemble
    Flute Ensemble
    Alto Flute Ensemble
    Bass Flute Ensemble
    Oboe Ensemble
    English Horn Ensemble
    Clarinet Ensemble
    Bass Clarinet Ensemble
    Bassoon Ensemble
    Contra Bassoon Ensemble

Percussion

Percussion
Tympani
Bass Drum
Snare Drum
Hits and Cymbals
Taiko Drums
Tubular Bells
Xylophone
Celesta
Glockenspiel

Choir

Choir Sopranos
Choir Altos
Choir Tenors
Choir Basses
Choir Women
Choir Men
Full Choir
Solo Soprano

Keyboard

Grand Piano
Harpsichord
Pipe Organ

Guitar

Nylon String Guitar
Electric Guitar Stratified
Electric Guitar Roculus
Electric Guitar Lead
Electric Guitar Clean

Multis

Concert Strings
Concert Strings Small
Concert Brass
Concert Brass Solo
Concert Woodwinds
Concert Choir

Symphony

Symphony

Amicus717
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/16 17:17:24 (permalink)
The library sounds like a pretty good sketch / notation sound set, and it would certainly be a nice addition to Overture 5. But I've had so much difficulty running the program, that I have ditched it and generally use Musescore 2, and am currently giving Notion 6 a try. I bought Overture 5 last year during the Cakewalk closure debacle, and while I love the interface and design, and think it has a ton of great features that I find very intuitive, I also find Overture 5 just crashes too often. I have yet to experience a single Overture 5 session without at least one or two crashes (often more), and I've tried it on both my systems (including on clean, fresh installs of Windows). 

Abacab are you using Overture 5 successfully?

Sonar Platinum, Windows 10 Pro 64, Core i7-5820K Haswell-E CPU, 32GB DDR4 RAM, RME Babyface, Adam F7 monitors, Mackie MCU
abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/16 19:07:54 (permalink)
Amicus717

Abacab are you using Overture 5 successfully?

I don't recall ever having Overture 5 crash on me.  But then again, I am also not a heavy user pushing things to the limit.  For me 10-15 tracks is huge.  Are you running the latest version?

There have been a number of updates this year.  Other than that, I would suspect plugins as the #1 cause of host crashes on any computer.

I also have Notion 6, acquired as a crossgrade from Studio One.  The included classical scores are nice, as is the bundled orchestral sample library.  It's really easy to get up and running with.  But really I prefer the feature set of Overture to that of Notion because it is more like a real MIDI editor.  But I can see where people who exclusively compose with notation and are not into MIDI may prefer the workflow of Notion. 

So I will probably jump on this new library for Overture, as with custom sound maps it would apparently offer the same ease of use that the bundled Notion orchestral library has, and looks to be of higher quality as well.

Amicus717
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/17 06:16:11 (permalink)
Oh man, I've had nothing but issues, and I have no idea why. I have tried every iteration of Overture 5, every version, with plugins, without plugins. It just is not stable on my system. And it doesn't even crash with any sort of message or anything. It simply vanishes. One moment you're working, next moment you are staring at your desktop. When you open Overture again, it has no memory of the file you were working on, and I need to manually go get it, and I usually lose the last few mins work. This happens at random, and for no reason - maybe I clicked somewhere I shouldn't have, or selected an articulation, or did nothing, or someone in the next room coughed too loudly, and poof! Overture is gone. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried everything. And this is on a freshly rebuilt system (made of good components) with a brand new Windows 10 install on which everything else runs without problem. Sonar never crashes, Cubase never crashes, everything else is rock stable, and I have an RME interface with stable drivers. But Overture 5? Almost can't be used. I would regret spending $50 on it, except it allowed me to crossgrade to Notion 6, and the discount off the full price of Notion exceeded what I paid for Overture. So, that helps. A shame though -- I think Overture 5 is a beautifully designed program with a ton of features and a lot of potential.
post edited by Amicus717 - 2018/11/17 06:53:34

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/17 14:38:35 (permalink)
Amicus717
Oh man, I've had nothing but issues, and I have no idea why. I have tried every iteration of Overture 5, every version, with plugins, without plugins. It just is not stable on my system. And it doesn't even crash with any sort of message or anything. It simply vanishes. One moment you're working, next moment you are staring at your desktop. When you open Overture again, it has no memory of the file you were working on, and I need to manually go get it, and I usually lose the last few mins work. This happens at random, and for no reason - maybe I clicked somewhere I shouldn't have, or selected an articulation, or did nothing, or someone in the next room coughed too loudly, and poof! Overture is gone. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, tried everything. And this is on a freshly rebuilt system (made of good components) with a brand new Windows 10 install on which everything else runs without problem. Sonar never crashes, Cubase never crashes, everything else is rock stable, and I have an RME interface with stable drivers. But Overture 5? Almost can't be used. I would regret spending $50 on it, except it allowed me to crossgrade to Notion 6, and the discount off the full price of Notion exceeded what I paid for Overture. So, that helps. A shame though -- I think Overture 5 is a beautifully designed program with a ton of features and a lot of potential.

Oh man, that would be terribly frustrating!  I wouldn't even know where to begin to solve that one.  There is clearly a conflict going on somewhere, but without any error messages or logs to work from it would be very difficult to find the cause.

Only thing I could maybe suggest is that if you have a spare PC or laptop with no other music stuff or audio drivers loaded on it, to try loading Overture over there to test it.

But at least you ended up with Notion, and that's not at all bad! 

Amicus717
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/18 06:22:02 (permalink)
abacab
But at least you ended up with Notion, and that's not at all bad! 

True enough! I like Notion a lot, in fact. Solid and useable, and the included sounds are perfectly fine. And it's quick. Not as deep as programs like Overture or Sibelius, but you can get things done quickly, and I like that. And it's way more intuitive than Dorico. I downloaded and fired up the Dorico 2 trial a little while ago, and meh -- uninstalled it a day later. Seems pretty powerful, but I found it really counter-intuitive and awkward. Just didn't enjoy using it at all.

michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/11/21 17:41:52 (permalink)
+1 for Notion. I found it pretty easy to learn, and the sounds are fine for notation, where you mainly need them to do an ear check, so you know all the notes are right. You can also use GPO and EWSO with it, but I found the native sounds work fine.

I do my projects in CbB, then import to Notion to make a professional score. It would be nice to do it all in one program, but we ain't there yet. Cubase's notation is not at the level of a true notation program. Maybe Motu's is, I haven't tried it. But now that we have CbB, I can't see myself ever going to another DAW.

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/02 19:13:25 (permalink)
Available now!  https://sonicscores.com/amadeus/

Intro price is $119 for everyone, and Don has emailed a discount code to Overture forum users.

Michael A.D.
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/05 13:41:33 (permalink)
I got it and it's great!  I've only played with it for a couple of hours, but I can strongly recommend it to anyone who dabbles in orchestral composition.  You can choose specific instruments or you can play the whole orchestra. The GUI is well thought out and it sounds FAR FAR better than you would expect for a $149 program.  It's extremely light on both your CPU and RAM.   I got it with a discount code for $99 - that's a steal for this kind of quality!
retired_account
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 262
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/05 14:35:29 (permalink)
Already have a few of these for sketching but it sounds nice. Does it feature separate outs for sections & instruments?
abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/06 15:21:27 (permalink)
Don is getting ready to release an update for Overture 5 that contains a new SoundMap for Amadeus.

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/06 20:33:04 (permalink)
Some of the comments about  Armadeus  library by the pros are that it's a nice sounding beginner or compo library. Keep in mind these guys have thousands of dollars rolled up in sample libraries, so that's a fairly high compliment.

I don't know if it really surpasses the basic Kontakt factory library. They are in the same league IMHO. You could do a lot worse for that money. Armadeus sounds pretty good to my ears. Nothing like the Arc 1 and 2 on sale at NI though. 

Just purchased Notion with a mind to input to it from my DAW. Haven't used it much. My plan was to minimally use the actual program and let the DAW input the midi for it to translate. That should do much of the work for me. I don't enjoy writing notation. Would rather play it in on the DAW.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

michael diemer
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/06 21:10:03 (permalink)
Can anyone comment on how it compares to Garritan Personal Orchestra? They are both in the same price range. I have GPO, and use the woodwinds and brass and percussion, but rarely the strings as they are the worst of it. It would be nice to expand my budget-level eclectic library of sounds. Especially if the strings are usable.

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/06 22:38:58 (permalink)
I don't know how it compares with GPO, but having a dedicated sound map for Overture 5 makes Amadeus a plug and play library for that notation program.  I think that was the Overture developer's main goal, along with providing a decent library with a wide coverage of instruments and articulations for use with Overture, at an affordable price point.

The fact that it is a Kontakt compatible instrument is a plus for those that already familiar with that format, or already have other instruments that they are using in Kontakt.

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/06 22:44:49 (permalink)
Special $99 offer for Indiginus customers:
http://indiginus.com/amadeus.html

bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/07 14:56:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ZincTrumpet 2018/12/08 08:51:19
ZincTrumpet
One of the items on my Xmas wish list is actually Solid State Symphony from Indiginus but this does look better albeit at a greater cost.

Love Solid State Symphony, but it's a quite different product. There is a connection, though: Tracy Collins at Indiginus created the Kontakt UI for this one.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
bitflipper
01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
  • Total Posts : 26036
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/07 15:37:24 (permalink)
BTW, the documentation is available here. If you are familiar with Indiginus libraries, you'll feel right at home with this UI. Has a nice feature you don't see on many Kontakt libraries: an easy way to move all keyswitch assignments up or down an octave. 

So far I've just been walking through the 88 (!) nki's, but what I've heard so far sounds quite good. Need some in-yer-face low brass for your epic movie trailer? It's in there. There is an instrument called Symphony.nki that works a bit like Solid State Symphony, insofar as you can just sit down at the keyboard and start playing monster ensembles - be sure to try the "Dyn Orch / Choir" preset.

Note that the reason this library falls into the mid-price range rather than Indiginus' famously low-priced offerings is that Amadeus is NI-registered. That means you can use it with the free Kontakt Player, but also means NI has to get their cut. Compatible with Kontakt 5.

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/07 16:29:24 (permalink)
michael diemer
Can anyone comment on how it compares to Garritan Personal Orchestra? They are both in the same price range. I have GPO, and use the woodwinds and brass and percussion, but rarely the strings as they are the worst of it. It would be nice to expand my budget-level eclectic library of sounds. Especially if the strings are usable.

Micheal I think the strings are pretty good plus you get a lot more. The factors that seem to separate quality in these libs are 24 .vs 16 bit samples, mic positions, sample quality, dynamic range and quality of articulations. As I say, you could do a lot worse. I have GPO and I believe this to be ahead of it in articulations and maybe quality in some samples.It also looks to be an easy program to use from the main UI. If you only want strings Hyperion Strings Micro by Soundiron is a solid low budget choice for convincing strings IMO.
Some of this might concern how varied you want your orchestra template to be. I usually mix my creations up, but some prefer to have everything in one organized place. This looks to be a program like that, especially if you use Overture I suppose it's nice.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

ZincTrumpet
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 891
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/08 08:56:37 (permalink)
bitflipper
ZincTrumpet

Love Solid State Symphony, but it's a quite different product. There is a connection, though: Tracy Collins at Indiginus created the Kontakt UI for this one.

Thanks bit. I thought the UI looked familiar in the YouTube video. Sure sounds nice in that video.
Tempted... but I have just got the upgrade to full Miroslav Philharmonic 2 with Total Studio 2 MAX.
Not to mention numerous other string libraries that I already have! 

ZincT

Cakewalk by BandLab 2018.11 Bld 31, Windows 10 Home 1803, Intel Core i5 3570K 3.40 GHz, Gigabyte Z77 HD3 mobo, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 750 Ti Fanless, Steinberg UR242 Audio Interface (F/W 1.01), Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver 1.10.3
Latest music: Click Here
michael diemer
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/09 01:07:29 (permalink)
Starise
michael diemer

Micheal I think the strings are pretty good plus you get a lot more. The factors that seem to separate quality in these libs are 24 .vs 16 bit samples, mic positions, sample quality, dynamic range and quality of articulations. As I say, you could do a lot worse. I have GPO and I believe this to be ahead of it in articulations and maybe quality in some samples.It also looks to be an easy program to use from the main UI. If you only want strings Hyperion Strings Micro by Soundiron is a solid low budget choice for convincing strings IMO.
Some of this might concern how varied you want your orchestra template to be. I usually mix my creations up, but some prefer to have everything in one organized place. This looks to be a program like that, especially if you use Overture I suppose it's nice.

Thanks for that info Starise. It may be worth a try. What I really need of course, like everyone, is one library to rule them all. One package that is so good you don't need anything else. It doesn't exist. The East Westers will tell you it's Composer Cloud. Honestly, there is so much in there that I doubt I have enough remaining days in this world to wrap my head around it. Small is beautiful. But at some point I need to upgrade my strings. My best ones are Cinematic Strings 2, but I have to also use others with them. Mural Strings from the UK are really nice, that may be the next one I try,

michael diemer
32 GB ram
UR22 interface

abacab
Re: Amadeus Symphonic Orchestra 2018/12/09 22:25:13 (permalink)
I think that if you use Overture, having one decent orchestral library with instruments that are pre-mapped to something other than GM is a must have.

If you don't use Overture, then there are a lot of other options out there.  But Amadeus looks like it should be useful for just about anybody.

That's one thing I like about Notion, is that it comes with a built-in orchestral library.  It's not the greatest, but it is fully integrated, and the sounds are better than a stock GM sound font library.

I was checking into Garritan GPO 5, but it appears that full compatibility with Overture and Notion was lost in the upgrade from GPO 4 to GPO 5.  I have heard that it sort of works with some tweaks, but is no longer fully plug and play.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1