Amazing Grace

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Freeze1st
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1213
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 18:49:32 (permalink)
Bobby--you mean, as in, even I can't mess up Amazing Grace? Thanks for the props!

NO! I am saying that a person sometimes IMO reflect their emotions via musical expressions through their instruments, not just in one Genre of music but many, and it shows and can be felt by the others who hear it regardless of what kinda music it is. I've been doing metal stuff, but that doesn't mean I am evil, I just like the crazy sounds, but that doesn't mean I am crazy : Hmmm, "LOL, LET ME GET BACK TO ME ON THAT ONE! , no pun. intended toward the people who really do have problems, I'm making fun of me and that's all. It just means that I'm releasing a lot of emotions sometimes to have some fun while playing and not thinking about nothing....... Taking a break from things sometimes. Hmmm.......... Dang it! I was on a roll and then I had to bring up me!!!!! I'm sorry..........

Bottom Line : "You do this song better than I have heard it played on the piano. And you know me, I would tell you otherwise!

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
Mamabear
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8954
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 18:55:58 (permalink)
Matt--thanks so much! I'm not sure what you mean by 'how do I do it.' Usually I play the piano part first (to a simple drum track so I can try to keep in time.) Then I 'play' the other parts on the piano. Then I go back and tweak all the strings/flute/whatever to make sure they're playing the notes they should be and not stepping on each others' toes or anything. I usually do that in prv. Then I add drums if the song calls for it. Then comes the fun of mixing it all.

Bobby--are you SURE that doesn't mean you're crazy? LOL j/k Thanks again!
Freeze1st
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 20:10:57 (permalink)

Janet, I'm trying to record a song with me playing bass and guitar at the same time in my mind while singing it and making up the words, and adding the backup singers, which by the way are me, and I'm trying to figure out these drums, which I ain't no drummer but I am trying. Oh, I almost forgot the keyboards and the lead guitar which I am playing at the same time, all this is going on in my mind at one time right now, along with a classical orchestration to the tune, I'm kinda busy in my mind right now. Sorry I'm busy and will have to get back with you on that one.

I'm only joking. No, I'm not crazy it's just everybody else who just don't understand that "I can fly at least in my mind". And heck no, I ain't no drunk, and I don't do drugs, I don't even take asprin or anything over the counter crap stuff in probably 25 years or so.

If you don't believe in yourself then why should anyone else. I just got for it and whatever happens just happens musically, trust me, I am much more stable about other things............. But all at the same time, why waste time on the little things, just lay down some emotional noise and at least you know you haven't missed your chance because sometimes you never get a second one.

DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!! You made me act stupid once again! Hmmm, I think I kinda did that myself, well heck, I know I did.....

Well, regardless of what you might think of me, or my noise, I will say that hearing your tunes make me wanna be a better music player......Notice I didn't say musician, I reserve that title for pro's and you are a pro. musicians not me. Very inspirational music in more ways than one, Which I know I can be, I've been before, but I'm just cautious for various reasons.......... This makes me wanna do "Peace in the Valley" the Elvis type version, but I guess someone will categorize me as a booz drinking slob if I do something like that. I just ain't no singer but the people around me have always liked it and I still feel someone needs to read the entire message before they hear the song when listening to someones tune post, and no I am not talking about you either. I am talking about someone who didn't know I was doing an Elvis impersonation and categorized me just from the post as being lite up and drunk just from the sound of my voice. I am mentioning this because it was a song that you have played on and it still ticks me off that I have been categorized this way. I'm hyper. And that's the bottom line........Sorry, I shouldn't have even commented in this thread because I am slowly changing the direction.......

PLEASE IGNORE ME EVERYONE!!! THIS THREAD SHOULD BE ABOUT THE SONG AND NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH well, this was an awesome musical performance, and that's all that matters. No need to reply. GREAT WORK!!!!!! Ya know, I HATE THAT EXPRESSION!!!!!! I am gonna change that to :

This was a great expression of your feelings musically at the time, and your vision and performance of the song was spectacular and far beyond a standard novice player, no doubt about that. You are truly a professional! Thank you for sharing this, it's a wonderful blessing to have heard this tune.

May God Bless you and your family! And you have shown nothing but Amazing poise and character, and Amazing musical abilities, and ofcourse Amazing Grace on this forum, and in this performance!

Bobby

MC4,Bossbr1600,Maudio2496,Vista HP, Stinger Electric Guitar,New York Pro Bass, MXL V67
Mamabear
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 20:14:47 (permalink)
This was a great expression of your feelings musically at the time, and your vision and performance of the song was spectacular and far beyond a standard novice player, no doubt about that. You are truly a professional! Thank you for sharing this, it's a wonderful blessing to have heard this tune.

Was that really Freeze1st talking? I'm impressed!

Too bad they don't give out prizes for the LONGEST posts. You'd surely win that one.

Anyway, thanks once again! You're too kind. I'm definitely no pro, but I'm glad you enjoy my playing.
Freeze1st
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 20:46:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mamabear

Too bad they don't give out prizes for the LONGEST posts. You'd surely win that one.

Anyway, thanks once again! You're too kind. I'm definitely no pro, but I'm glad you enjoy my playing.

Yeah, this is Bobby, I liked what I heard. Yeah, You are pro. I beg to differ, you are a teacher and that makes you one. I'm just a little hyper right now and can't help it........ But I still mean what I typed.

Thanks for the listen!

Bobby

foxwolfen
  • Total Posts : 8256
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 21:05:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Freeze1st

Yeah, this is Bobby, I liked what I heard. Yeah, You are pro. I beg to differ, you are a teacher and that makes you one. I'm just a little hyper right now and can't help it........ But I still mean what I typed.

Thanks for the listen!

Bobby

LOL - "a little hyper right now"? Bobby, when are you not? I have met few people more tightly strung than you lol (I say that with all due respect, you know I love you man. .

Cheers
Shad

A scientist knows more & more about less & less till he knows everything about nothing, while a philosopher knows less & less about more & more till he knows nothing about everything.

Composers Forum
Mamabear
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 21:07:28 (permalink)
I don't think being a teacher makes me a pro. Except that I get paid. But anyway...
Freeze1st
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 21:28:30 (permalink)

I don't think being a teacher makes me a pro. Except that I get paid. But anyway...

You compare to someone like an NFL star player "Only you don't have the 20 million dollar contract a year THAT YOU DESERVE with your playing".

Ok, I am going over the top now...... Sorry........ I meant what I said, and I said what I meant, and if I didn't mean what I said then I should have gone and went.

Thanks again for the listen.

Bobby

Freeze1st
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 21:37:21 (permalink)

LOL - "a little hyper right now"? Bobby, when are you not? I have met few people more tightly strung than you lol (I say that with all due respect, you know I love you man. .

Cheers
Shad

Thanks Shad, I feel the same man, except for the high strung stuff........ I like to think I'm that way in a good way. I just like to make noises and go for it sometimes with my music......... If there was a definition for my being I guess it would be perhaps : "Stupidity", or maybe "Genius", Nah, it's without a doubt the ladder of those two definitions. I do try though.......... Too much halloween candy left overs tonight I guess.....

Sorry Janet, I shouldn't have changed the subject of your thread, that makes me a JERK! I'm sorry. I apologize. I showed the exact opposite of Amazing Grace, I have given the appearance of me as someone showing something like a jackazz grazing..........

I'm sorry..

Edited to save time reading for everyone in this post.

Bobby

post edited by Freeze1st - 2008/11/05 21:38:19

CLEAN
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 22:13:17 (permalink)
Hey mama, cool version of Amazing Grace. I have a version I've done - tough not to get emotional doing that tune.

Well done - thanks.

Mark

THE PUGTONES
Mark
Mamabear
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/05 23:27:31 (permalink)
Thanks Mark. I'm glad you liked it.

I've uploaded a new version, implementing some of ya'lls' suggestions. Thanks so much for your help!
Ian Ferrin
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 527
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/06 03:07:12 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mamabear - Ian-- For the latency, I actually have it set to around 2000, and even that wasn't helping. >>> Sonar HS6XL, 4 gigs RAM, 3.1 GHz cpu, Vista, M-Audio Delta 192

Given the beefyness of your system, this is really weird... You might try working with m-audio's tech support. You should be able to do gazillions of tracks and more than a few softsynths at relatively low latency.

Anyway, I listened to your new arrangement... I like it better... it seems simpler from what I remember? Very nice.

Peace,

Ian

"Everyone is a 'believer' - even if you don't believe, that's a belief" - Me

Songs - (at soundclick)
Sonar Platinum, Native Instruments Komplete 10u, Korg N1R X2 (for some reason I still love this old synth).
montezuma
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2520
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/06 05:57:46 (permalink)

Matt--thanks so much! I'm not sure what you mean by 'how do I do it.' Usually I play the piano part first (to a simple drum track so I can try to keep in time.) Then I 'play' the other parts on the piano. Then I go back and tweak all the strings/flute/whatever to make sure they're playing the notes they should be and not stepping on each others' toes or anything. I usually do that in prv. Then I add drums if the song calls for it. Then comes the fun of mixing it all.

Yeah I mean the recording/ production process....so thanks for explaining :)
Truckermusic
Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1924
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/06 13:49:39 (permalink)
Janet
I like this new version much much better..it is cleaner, clearer and more musical and to the point..............
I'm glad you redid some of it........

Cliff

http://www.soundclick.com/cliffordamundsen 
NZXT Phantom Case (in Black)
Windows 7, Service Pack 1, 64 Bit OP
Sonar X3 Producer, 64 Bit 
Asus P8P67 Pro Rev.3 MoBo
16 Gig of Ram 
4.5 Gighz
Intel i-7 2600k Quad Core Sandy Bridge
Unibrain Firewire Card
Edirol FA-101 Firewire interface
Mackie Big Knob
NI Komplete 8
Machine 2
cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/06 15:09:30 (permalink)
Excellent performance and arrangement Janet! I have no critiques of the performance, but I agree that the mix could be evened out a bit, particularly the flute, which seems to waiver in volume a bit. One other thing that you could try is to add a little bit of room reverb to both the piano and the flute to put them in the same space. Very nice rendition, though! HTH.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

M. Man
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 770
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/06 15:46:09 (permalink)
Great arrangement & great piano-playing!

Far, far away from the trad Scottish tatoo (or funeral) bagpipe "band"...
But........ the flute (sorry) kinda sounds "not good". It's way pitchy, and actually sounds like it's broken here and there....
I'd love to hear this with a real sax, horn or of course a trumpet/muted trumpet instead of the "flute".
Mamabear
RE: Amazing Grace 2008/11/07 19:39:50 (permalink)
Ian--thanks. I'll look into the m-audio. Yes, the mix is a bit simpler. I took out the organ sound. After a few mentioned it, I decided I just didn't like it anyway and it didn't real add anything.

Cliff--thanks again for your help. It's invaluable!

Dave--I appreciate your comments. I'll look into the flute and the reverb. Great ideas. I really depend on you guys' ears, cause mine just don't hear that stuff. Yet.

M. Man--Thanks. I actually wanted to try this tune (and a few others) with a real bagpiper this summer, but he was too busy. The flute sounds 'broken?' Hmm... I don't know enough about flutes or saxes or any other horns to know what to do about that, but I'll think about it. Thanks for listening and commenting!
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1