Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th)

Author
SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
2010/08/04 15:37:55 (permalink)

Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th)

Looks interesting:

Biography of the rock band, charting four decades of their success in the music industry through a combination of rare and unseen concert footage. Plus, interviews with key players, including Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey.

ITV4 9.00pm - 11.35pm

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

10 Replies Related Threads

Moshkiae
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6111
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/04 15:46:19 (permalink)
    Hi,

I'm not sure there is much more that can be said that has not been said. I wonder if they will have some of the words that Mike Heron had for him ... they were funny!

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/04 16:11:15 (permalink)
    SteveStrummerUK

Looks interesting:

Biography of the rock band, charting four decades of their success in the music industry through a combination of rare and unseen concert footage. Plus, interviews with key players, including Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey.

ITV4 9.00pm - 11.35pm

A couple of months back one of our cable channels had The John Entwistle story. Had it on the DVR all that time and I finally watched it a week ago. Good stuff.

Garry Stubbs
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2619
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/04 16:50:19 (permalink)
    Thanks for the heads up Strummy, I'm watching this now, it's a terrific documentary, only 50 mins in and already some material I have never seen before and revealing insights from the new interviews with Daltrey and Townsend - Great stuff
    post edited by The Kiosk Project - 2010/08/04 16:58:20

https://soundcloud.com/garry-kiosk
    Sonar Platinum 64-bit: Q6600 8Gb Win7 64-bit: KRK Monitors: ART MPA PRO VLA ii preamp: 3 x 500Gb internal SATA disks: Superior Drummer2: GPO4: Realstrat: Saxlab: Rapture: Dimension Pro: Ozone 4: Edirol SPS-660: PCR-500 MIDI controller: Korg PadKontrol: Fender / Gibson / Yamaha / Ibanez guitars:Guitar Rig 5: Dual 22" Monitors: Mapex Drums, Sabian AAX cymbals: Alesis DM5 Pro Kit: SE Electronics and Shure Mics: Mathmos Lava Lamp (40W)
    jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/05 13:09:04 (permalink)
    SteveStrummerUK

Looks interesting:

ITV4 9.00pm - 11.35pm

Darn. Don't get that channel.

Watched 'Synth Britannia' last night on the BBC iPlayer, excellent stuff.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    Moshkiae
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/05 15:28:42 (permalink)
    Hi,

Many of us in America will never see this ... it's part of the "no culture" syndromme of the part several years. Or as I like to call it, the Dawnopersonsyndromme.

As a wise Guy once stated from his holy chapala ... none of the hits, none of the time ... prevents you from becoming just another turkey in the middle of all the other turkeys! 

jamesg1213
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/05 15:34:34 (permalink)
    Moshkiae

Hi,

Many of us in America will never see this ... it's part of the "no culture" syndromme of the part several years. Or as I like to call it, the Dawnopersonsyndromme.

Nice girl, Dawn O'Person. Walked with a lisp. Smoked a penknife.

Jyemz

drewfx1
    Max Output Level: -9.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6585
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/05 16:42:17 (permalink)
    Moshkiae

Hi,

Except I think it's the same as this:
    http://www.amazon.com/Ama...=1281028954&sr=8-1

which has been out on DVD for a few years now, and also was on VH1 Classic a couple of years ago.
    Moshkiae
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/05 20:06:59 (permalink)
    HI,

That increases the chance that we can find it around here ... already looking!

I really wanted the other one from a couple of days ago, but got no replies from any of you brits ... ad nauseum!

Moshkiae
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/06 22:32:02 (permalink)
    HI,

There is a side/part of the whole story that is kinda buried and not exactly discussed. Some of it may be unsavory and not exactly fun.

Oliver Reed and Keith Moon having drinking contests ... and we're not discussing any other contests, although there is a funny rumor about the number of women in one night, which apparently Oliver Reed won, and Keith said ... you cheated! ... you got me drunk!

Keith Moon appeared to be really good friends with the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, and it was Legs Larry Smith that taught Keith to spill his drums at the end of the show. Vivian Stanshal stated at one time that Pete was trying to be more important than any statement in Marat/Sade by smashing a guitar ... and would have been more fun and effective and messy if he had used cabbages!

There was a story that in one concert both Keith and John were having a contest of sorts ... challenging each other to do something different in every song and not lose the time, place ... and if one did something the other had to reply within so many beats or measures. Story goes that John didn't stand a chance ... Keith had a lot more drums and cymbals around him to make fun of John and upset his meat on the bass.

In one of my dreams, which was a result of watching one of the recent concerts (about 4 or 5 years ago), there was a visual on the stage that Roger was singing "Who Are You?" ... and he closes his eyes and then looks at the microphone again, then closes his eyes and then he yells it out on the song. The unspoken words in that silent moment were "I don't want to do this any more!". I asked this to a good friend that was close to the band and knew them, and he said that Roger had felt that way a long time ago ... and it was one of the reasons why the band had pretty much stopped anyway.  We also asked about his work in Highlander, which was very good and nice, and he apparently just stared straight ahead ... and said nothing. I get the feeling that Roger is not exactly tired of what he does, but I think that time has not been kind ... and he wishes/wants to do something else ... and I am not sure that he really found it ... or simply he has felt that he has done enough already. I never thought that Pete was the "music" in that band. Without someone to tell Pete to take the music and shove it and I wanna sing this and do this and that right after, I am not sure that the band that we have come to know as "The Who" ... would have been here and been as good as it was.

I still think "Who Are You" is one of the best rock albums ever made!

jamesg1213
    Re:Amazing Journey: The Story Of The Who - ITV4 9pm tonight (4th) 2010/08/07 12:58:54 (permalink)
    Moshkiae

I really wanted the other one from a couple of days ago, but got no replies from any of you brits ... ad nauseum!

Are you sure? I went into a deep meditative trance and willed the whole thing over to you - I even edited out the drum solos.

I suggest you have 'one of your dreams' and download it into your bonce, it's probably still floating around in Cloud Cuckoo Land. All you need then is one of those Frontal Lobe-USB dooberrys, and  - enjoy!

Jyemz

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1