Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element

Author
Linear Phase
Max Output Level: -53 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2201
2012/07/21 06:28:41 (permalink)

Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element

Hip hop..   

Peace love..  and try not to get arrested for poking too much smot.. 

http://soundcloud.com/audio-ghost/be-there-till-the-end-2-point

:-)

Sonar is a totally wild audio editing machine btw.. slice and dice; dice and slice!  Mix feedback, critique, all other comments, totally welcome..  my feelings don't get hurt, so don't be shy.  

Cheers, thanks fer listening

too many lasers...

Sonar = audio editing ninja of a music software!

6 Replies Related Threads

Wookiee
    Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
    • Total Posts : 13306
    Re:Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element 2012/07/21 15:55:20 (permalink)
    I suspect that in the right frame of mind in the right place thus would work, however for me there needs to be a little more ear candy to keep the attention of listeners.

Thanks for sharing I feel sure with some more work you will get something.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
    Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
    Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
    Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
    CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
    Linear Phase
    Re:Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element 2012/07/21 16:39:50 (permalink)
    Wookiee

I suspect that in the right frame of mind in the right place thus would work, however for me there needs to be a little more ear candy to keep the attention of listeners.

Thanks for sharing I feel sure with some more work you will get something.

Good ear!  Upon reflection, and self examination, I'm afraid I have to agree, "yep, not quite there yet."  I very much appreciate the comment.

Cheers

Jon

too many lasers...

Lynn
    Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6117
    Re:Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element 2012/07/22 17:28:51 (permalink)
    I think this is a good starting point for something bigger.  This just needs to be fleshed out a bit, but I can hear the potential.  The extra dose of bass element comes through well on my speakers without overwhelming them.  You have a strong foundation here, and I would like to hear this developed.  And, yes, Sonar is a wonderful tool.  Use it wisely.

All the best,
    Lynn

my songs
    www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
    my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
    Linear Phase
    Re:Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element 2012/07/22 18:32:40 (permalink)
    Lynn

I think this is a good starting point for something bigger.  This just needs to be fleshed out a bit, but I can hear the potential.  The extra dose of bass element comes through well on my speakers without overwhelming them.  You have a strong foundation here, and I would like to hear this developed.  And, yes, Sonar is a wonderful tool.  Use it wisely.

This is an awesome comment!  Just awesome.  Its spot on...

Thanks Lynn

:-)
    post edited by Linear Phase - 2012/07/22 18:40:17

too many lasers...

bapu
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 86000
    Re:Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element 2012/07/23 01:32:31 (permalink)
    LP,

Thanks for sharing. 

FWIW, drums sound to "clean" for the ambient nature of this piece. I would have used percussion pieces instead of a kit. But what do I know?

Linear Phase
    Re:Ambient sound-scape and a slow rock beat with an extra dose of bass element 2012/07/23 02:52:20 (permalink)
    bapu

LP,

Thanks for sharing. 

FWIW, drums sound to "clean" for the ambient nature of this piece. I would have used percussion pieces instead of a kit. But what do I know?
    I think you are right..  :-)  I think it will take me a bit more practice for some dirty ambient drums that don't get lost in mix..  but its definitely cool advice.

thanks bapu

too many lasers...

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1