Helpful ReplyAmpleBass updated to 2.6

Author
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
2017/09/01 12:08:25 (permalink)

AmpleBass updated to 2.6

Ample Sound has released free updates of version 2.6 for all six of its virtual basses.
New features:
  • Add Multi-Measure feature in Riffer.
  • Add Clear measure, Copy Measure, Clear All features in Riffer right-click menu.
  • Change Riffer UI.
  • Update Riffer dice scales in Ample Metal Ray5.
Fixed bugs:
  • Fix missing Slide Out on 3rd fret G string.
  • Some buttons lose text label when inserting value 0.
  • Sometimes note can't stop playing when played on fretboard.
  • Note with high velocity breaks in Solo Mode.
  • Poblems importing MIDI to Riffer.
  • Logic gets stuck when dragg-and-dropping Pitch Bend from Riffer into host.
  • Sometimes minor third Slide Up becomes to minor second when exporting Riff to MIDI.
  • Note can be moved out of range in Riffer.
  • Note cannot stop playing when moved holding shift.
  • Note can change length or overlap when moved across other notes holding shift.
  • Riffer cannot load preset when Preference window is closed.
All updates are free of charge for owners of corresponding Ample Bass. Users can get their updates through the MyAmpleSound webpage.

Read more at  [link=http://www.amplesound.net]www.amplesound.net  [/link]

Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/01 12:38:02 (permalink)
Very good to see Ample Sound regularly updating their products......

Anyone have the Yinyang bass 2 and your thoughts on it?  

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
Michael A.D.
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/01 12:58:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/09/01 13:33:45
I'd guess that about 75% of my basses are either the Yinyang or Ample's upright.   I just find myself reaching for those 2 all the time. 

cclarry
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/01 13:24:19 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/09/01 13:33:41
Mesh

Just get it...that's my thoughts...

gmon72
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1052
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/01 16:23:33 (permalink)
Thanks for letting us know!  I am finally almost back getting my gear up and going after i moved a few months ago.
kson
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 540
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/01 21:19:58 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/09/02 01:35:30
Mesh

I have the YY Bass and it is quite good.  Whether you use it raw or run it through Guitar Rig or Amplitube it can be seriously convincing when played well.  

The riffer, while very welcome, is still a work in progress to me.  I have written songs with it but the ease of use can be improved upon.  For instance, I would like a global option for key setting.  If I am writing in Am, I would like to audition the presets in Am and not have to keep switching when I change because they were programmed in other keys.

Overall, it don't think it is competition for Trilian and other vst's like it because it provides something very different.  It's worth adding to your arsenal IMHO.

Hope that helps,

RKS
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/01 22:04:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby cclarry 2017/09/01 22:32:15
Improvements to Riffer are welcome. The biggest thing with using Riffer as a MIDI editor is thinking like a bass player, the potential is there to sequence very realistic bass parts but as a keyboard guy its not easy to think about string selection and the like.

These are superb sounding basses I have the 5 string and the acoustic. Really useful with and without Riffer.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/02 17:04:07 (permalink)
Thanks for the heads up.  I bought an Ample Bass (AMR) just for the riffer.

One thing I really like about the Ample Bass is that you can send MIDI out.  That means you can play the riffs with any bass instrument you happen to have on hand by placing it on another track, and setting the MIDI input as the output from the Ample bass.  Set up your riffer, and off you go!

One thing I have noticed, is that Ample sends the MIDI data over channels 1-4, or 1-5, depending on whether you have 4 or 5 string bass.  One channel per string.

For any instrument that you can set up as Omni input, all your strings will play.  But with SampleTank 3, I had to create a multi with an instrument for each channel 1-5.  Apparently ST3 does not let you select Omni for an individual channel slot like Kontakt will.

I really do like some of the bass samples in ST3, especially the Rickenbacker 4001, the P-Bass, and the Vinatge Jazz Upright.  The fingered samples are nice to have, as my Ample Bass only came with picked samples.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Glyn Barnes
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/02 17:55:08 (permalink)
abacab

One thing I have noticed, is that Ample sends the MIDI data over channels 1-4, or 1-5, depending on whether you have 4 or 5 string bass.  One channel per string.

For any instrument that you can set up as Omni input, all your strings will play.  But with SampleTank 3, I had to create a multi with an instrument for each channel 1-5.  Apparently ST3 does not let you select Omni for an individual channel slot like Kontakt will.

I really do like some of the bass samples in ST3, especially the Rickenbacker 4001, the P-Bass, and the Vinatge Jazz Upright.  The fingered samples are nice to have, as my Ample Bass only came with picked samples.

Have you tried changing the Riffer export options. Open Riffer, click on the settings icon in the middle of the bottom of the Riffer screen (Cog Wheel icon). The Export mode is the top ite, the tool tip gives a detailed explanation of the two modes. I have not really tried driving other VSTi from Riffers output. I assume some data is lost due to different articulation settings.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
abacab
Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4464
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/02 18:21:58 (permalink)
Glyn Barnes
abacab

Have you tried changing the Riffer export options. Open Riffer, click on the settings icon in the middle of the bottom of the Riffer screen (Cog Wheel icon). The Export mode is the top ite, the tool tip gives a detailed explanation of the two modes. I have not really tried driving other VSTi from Riffers output. I assume some data is lost due to different articulation settings.

Haven't bothered with export yet.  Using this live to drive other VST instruments, for example to use fingered vs. picked samples.

You can also arm the MIDI track to record the pattern directly into a MIDI clip in real-time as well.

The strummer in the Ample guitars has MIDI out also.  Works well too, even with the free M Lite strummer.  That can be recorded also.

To use this feature you must go into Ample settings and enable MIDI out, even if you have already set the VST to enable MIDI out,  You will need to enable in both places.

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
Glyn Barnes
Re: AmpleBass updated to 2.6 2017/09/02 18:40:12 (permalink)
Just checked, the export settings have no effect with MIDI out, only on exported data.

The string manager setting when exported will play a SampleTank bass on a single channel, the Channel mode will give you separate channels per string for VSTis that support MIDI guitar mode.

It looks like with string manager the string  selection settings are then exported to notes in the octave between C6 and C7, so either mode will work with other Amplesound basses.  These notes of course will not affect ST3 bass instruments, but may trigger spurious notes on, say a piano patch. All the pitch-bend information is exported so to the MIDI track so as long as the pitch-bend is set to the same range all is good.

Some keyswitches get exported in the C0 octave to select articulations, ST3 will ignore this data unless by chance it has a keyswitch in this range, or the instruments range extends into this zone.

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1