Amplitube 2: CPU CHIP or MEMORY HOG?

Author
ts808heaven
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
2009/01/14 03:18:30 (permalink)

Amplitube 2: CPU CHIP or MEMORY HOG?

Call me stupid, but I can barely run 2 effects simultaneously with Amp2 and Sonar 4 studio dropping out and crashing. Never had this problem prior to reformatting hardrive and reinstall of everything.

So, when the bottom right of Sonar says CAUTION in red, is it because of the lack of CPU CHIP performance or lacking MEMORY LOAD? I tried decreasing bit size,etc. and still crashes in Asio and wdm/...

XP Athlon 1.8g
1 gig ddr ram pc 3200
MAudio 2496 soundcard
80gig internal HD and 160gig external HD
Windows XP Pro
Sonar 4 Studio

thank you!

1 Reply Related Threads

CJaysMusic
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 30423
    RE: Amplitube 2: CPU CHIP or MEMORY HOG? 2009/01/14 17:42:20 (permalink)
    Well your sound card has allot do do with performance. what latency is the maudio set to? what driver mode?? try both wdm and asio modes. your pc isnt the best, 1 gig of ram and a single core 1.8GHz isnt nothing for today's recording needs. aslo, you need another hard rive for audio only. Having audio and programs on one drive decreases performance. what are these other effects?? they might be mixing or mastering effects that are not made for recording
    If your cpu is too high, then Raise your latency
    " " " " then freezes some tracks
    " " " " get another 7200rpm hard drive for audio only.
    things to also do
    update the sound card drivers
    Get another gig of ram
    Cj

www.audio-mastering-mixing.com - A Professional Worldwide Audio Mixing & Mastering Studio, Providing Online And Attended Sessions. We also do TV commercials, Radio spots & spoken word books
    Audio Blog
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1