Amplitube 3 ready to go!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
HeavyTRAFFIK
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 362
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/02/27 13:49:31 (permalink)
Loving Amplitube 3 very much so far.  The mic placement sim feature in the cabinet module is simply stunning!

Found an annoying bug tho.  When I attempt to select the Step Slicer effect (from both the stomp and rack menus), Sonar crashes immediately.  Nearly every time I use the drop down menus on these effects sections, Sonar gives me the "Fatal Error... Should Sonar try to save your work... blah blah..."  So far it seems every other feature works fine.

Anyone else using Sonar PE 8.5.3 experience this?  I'm using a Core 2 Quad 9400, 4G RAM, Tascam FW 1082 interface.

Thanks
Legion
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1986
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/02/27 14:25:42 (permalink)
Yeah, I reported on that problem earlier in this thread. I have no problem with the stomp though only the rack effect. Fatal error... Rack seem to be possible to insert on a clean audio track though but not on soft synth tracks, haven't had the time to try it out on a track with audio on it. As a stomp it works for me though as I said and it sounds really cool. Let's just hope for an update.

Sadly very reduced studio equipment as it is... ASUS G750J, 8 gb RAM, Win8, Roland Quad Capture.
HeavyTRAFFIK
  • Total Posts : 362
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/02/27 15:29:32 (permalink)
Oops, my bad.  I thought I'd read thru this thread thoroughly.  I suppose I was expecting a bug here and there with this brand new product.  I'm thankful that's it's just this one so far.

Yes, I anticipate and update or two soon from IK.
Legion
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/02/27 19:48:47 (permalink)
Yeah, I've tested most of the things (I think) and this is the only reproducable problem I've stumbled on this far. I'm very happy with what I got but still hope for a hotfix if nothing else.

Sadly very reduced studio equipment as it is... ASUS G750J, 8 gb RAM, Win8, Roland Quad Capture.
z1812
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 294
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/02/28 19:16:21 (permalink)
Ozz

What do people actually think of these?  I bought Amplitube 2 Live and just downloaded the demo for Amplitube 3 a couple hours ago and have been playing around with it...and maybe I need to tweak the settings more, or something, but I'm just not that impressed.  And...I want to stress, I'm not picking on Amplitube.  I've tried playing around with the Guitar Rig version that came with Sonar 8.5, as well, with similar results.

I actually DO like some of the clean models in Amplitube...a couple of them sound really good.  And some of the stomp boxes are pretty good, too....the chorus's, flangers, delays....but once I start hitting the overdrives/fuzz boxes/distortions, it totally loses me.  They just sound buzzy and thin to my ears.  (There were a couple of exceptions, however)

I really do appreciate the obvious work that went into this program and all the things you can tweak and change and adjust....I really wanted to LOVE this program.... 

So, am I just missing something?  If so, please fill me in!  I'm absolutely willing to give it a second chance...but as it stands right now, my wallet is staying in my pocket.

Hi Ozz,

I have Amplitude 2, Guitar Rig4 and I just installed Amplitude 3. No time to try 3 though. I use to think the same as you about 2 and then I decided to spend some intense time with it.

As far as 2 goes I find it quite remarkable. It takes a bit of patience to get a sound the way you would you like it and a bit of time to become familiar with all the options. But once I had the feel I really started to enjoy it. I was thinking of buying The Hendrix and Metal expansion anyway so upgrading to 3 instead was the smart choice.

Guitar Rig 4 is quite good but I prefer the interface and "feel"of Amplitude.

Regards John

craigfowler
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/02/28 23:58:38 (permalink)
z1812

Ozz

What do people actually think of these?  I bought Amplitube 2 Live and just downloaded the demo for Amplitube 3 a couple hours ago and have been playing around with it...and maybe I need to tweak the settings more, or something, but I'm just not that impressed.  And...I want to stress, I'm not picking on Amplitube.  I've tried playing around with the Guitar Rig version that came with Sonar 8.5, as well, with similar results.

I actually DO like some of the clean models in Amplitube...a couple of them sound really good.  And some of the stomp boxes are pretty good, too....the chorus's, flangers, delays....but once I start hitting the overdrives/fuzz boxes/distortions, it totally loses me.  They just sound buzzy and thin to my ears.  (There were a couple of exceptions, however)

I really do appreciate the obvious work that went into this program and all the things you can tweak and change and adjust....I really wanted to LOVE this program.... 

So, am I just missing something?  If so, please fill me in!  I'm absolutely willing to give it a second chance...but as it stands right now, my wallet is staying in my pocket.

Hi Ozz,

I have Amplitude 2, Guitar Rig4 and I just installed Amplitude 3. No time to try 3 though. I use to think the same as you about 2 and then I decided to spend some intense time with it.

As far as 2 goes I find it quite remarkable. It takes a bit of patience to get a sound the way you would you like it and a bit of time to become familiar with all the options. But once I had the feel I really started to enjoy it. I was thinking of buying The Hendrix and Metal expansion anyway so upgrading to 3 instead was the smart choice.

Guitar Rig 4 is quite good but I prefer the interface and "feel"of Amplitude.

Regards John

This was my experience too (although I don't have AT3 yet, I have all the previous full packages). My biggest challenge was gain staging. I still haven't got it down, but I've played around and got far enough to get some glimpses of what the software is capable of. I just managed to get what I think is the perfect rockabilly/tele bridge sound from one of the tweed combos, and have found some great Fender blackface sounds.

I don't find it particularly intuitive or easy, but I'm at a point where I'm more convinced of my pilot error rather than thinking the software is flawed. 

I'd get AT3 for the Trace Elliot sim alone. Jeez, i wish you could buy individual amp models - how about it IKM!?

Ozz
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 332
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/01 18:06:03 (permalink)
Hey Z1812 (and congrats to your hockey team...what a game that was yesterday!!  I was cheering for both teams...something I rarely ever do!) and Craigfowler...

Thanks for your input.  I played around with A3 a little more today...and can see the potential for the program.  SOOO many options/tools.   And I have to say they did a good job with a number of the effects...right down to the "boogers"..such as the octave pedal losing tracking, etc....I laughed out loud a couple times, remembering my days with one of those things.

I think, for now, though that I will likely stick with A2 Live for clean sounds and a freebie someone mentioned on the forum here by AcmeBarGig for my distorted sounds (as well as my POD 2.0, and my REAL amps/pedals and trusty sm57! ;)  )

I have a feeling I may not be through with A3 yet...

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
z1812
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/02 09:06:21 (permalink)
Hi Ozz,

A close game and a very good one. Nail biters are not very good for fingerpicking though.

I have not had enough time with Amplitude 3 yet to really form an opinion. Without the upgrade path, which lowered my price to $162 CAD, I would not have bought it. Well not right away anyway.

Regards John

Legion
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/03 03:15:27 (permalink)
Getting a runtime error crashing Sonar at times when trying to insert more than two instances of AT3 which is a little enoying as I often want to use it on at least two guitars and one bass (probably on even more things now though with the stereo in and Rotary speaker)... GR3LE don't even come close to the sound of AT3 so I don't want to have to use it

superbirch
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 160
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/03 08:53:14 (permalink)
Legion

Getting a runtime error crashing Sonar at times when trying to insert more than two instances of AT3 which is a little enoying as I often want to use it on at least two guitars and one bass (probably on even more things now though with the stereo in and Rotary speaker)... GR3LE don't even come close to the sound of AT3 so I don't want to have to use it

Not a problem here. Got 4 running right now on Sonar 8.5.3 on a W7 x64 box. Some of the GUI is a bit flakey - scroll wheel sometimes works, sometimes not. Seems prone to a few pops and clicks on some patches as well, even though CPU down at 30%  (in Sonar).

Early days...
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/03 13:17:03 (permalink)
Did somebody say single amp models?  Hmmm... We're definitely listening to suggestions and you might want to take a stroll through the manual for a little related gem ;)
windsurfer25x
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1120
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/03 16:07:58 (permalink)
I'm loving the sound of Amplitube 3 so far... I was just testing it out and was wondering what kind of sample size settings and corresponding CPU usage are you guys seeing? 

In standalone mode At 49 samples I get around 20-30% CPU usage, I'm using a laptop with an i7 950 - 3.06 GHz processor.. the interface is Tascam US-2000 ... been having some issues with it, but if I'm just doing audio stuff and nothing else on the computer it seems to be alright, but I have been having issues with a lot of the IK plugs in Sonar especially on exporting.

Sonar X1 Expanded PE 64 bit
Intel i7 2600k oc'd, 16Gb DDR3 RAM, intel 320 SSD OS drive, 7200RPM HDDx2, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit VS 100, Tascam US-2000, UAD2 - Izotope, Fabfilter, NI Komplete 7/Kore2 & +, Spectrasonics+

http://www.maskensmobilestudio.com

superbirch
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/04 08:41:21 (permalink)
windsurfer25x

I'm loving the sound of Amplitube 3 so far... I was just testing it out and was wondering what kind of sample size settings and corresponding CPU usage are you guys seeing? 

In standalone mode At 49 samples I get around 20-30% CPU usage, I'm using a laptop with an i7 950 - 3.06 GHz processor.. the interface is Tascam US-2000 ... been having some issues with it, but if I'm just doing audio stuff and nothing else on the computer it seems to be alright, but I have been having issues with a lot of the IK plugs in Sonar especially on exporting.

Hi

Surely that depends on what patch you have loaded at the time? One with more stomps for example would surely score a higher CPU even at idle I'd have thought. Can we define a standard mode to test?

Anyway, I'm running a AMD Athlon™ II X4 processor 620 on W7 x64. On a simple Copper amp + cab (i.e. no FX at all) I'm seeing about 10-20% CPU on idle. That's with a MOTU Ultralte MK1 at 64 samples.

Getting a few pops, but not had a lot of time to resolve. Seems to be on certain presets, so maybe these are demanding more CPU that at 64 samples my box can handle. Need to check it out more.

I too am enjoying Amplitube very much. I have a few GUI niggles, and a crash now and again when flicking through presets (cannot so far repeat the same scenario though). Nothing a 3.01 won't sort I'm sure.

Favourite amp so far......well.........has to be the Trace Elliot. I used to be an 80's slapper (but I've grown up now ). The way the graphic works, especially at the midrange frequencies together with the shape presets, man, that really does bring back memories. Very nice job, not everyone's cup of tea these days I admit, but "nailed" is the only way to describe the modeling.

SB
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/05 18:16:34 (permalink)
Nobody found anything about single amp models?  Hmmm... people were REALLY interested in that sort of thing pre-release.  And now that we said we'd do a Pignose and Small Clone, I wonder how we'd release those? :)
Ozz
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 07:30:22 (permalink)
Well, I had essentially written Amplitube 3 off.  Not impressed.  I liked some of the clean stuff, but any of the dirty models were leaving me high and dry.  I didn't like the presets... Boy, did this program suck....

And then.....

I spent the next few days really tweaking and trying all the various amp/cab/stomp combinations and tweaking all the various (and WAY numerous) settings and options....and...lo and behold....

I began finding some fantastic stuff!  The first one that did it for me was the Orange amp.  I switched to a different cab, changed the mic locations (and models), turned up the room mics a tad, changed the cab size....and MAN, it was rockin'!  I won't say "it sounds just like the original!" because I've never played an Orange amp (or some of the others), but it sounded GOOD.  And THAT'S what counts (to me).

I've now had that experience on a few other amps/cabs/etc, and I've gone from unimpressed to extremely impressed. 

Over the last week I had tried some other amp sims and demos (Acmebargig....a freebie that's actually pretty good...the Shred pack has a couple of items I really liked, and Peavey Revalver...Also sounded good with certain models,  Guitar Rig, etc), and I have to say that after spending some real effort, that Amplitube is my favorite. 

Now, I just have to figure out a way to afford it!  (And I'm guessing I would need some sort of pedal for it as well, for wah effects and what-not.  Haven't looked into prices on those yet)

So, for those not yet impressed...give it some time and effort....I'd say there's an 85% chance or better that you'll change your "tune"!
post edited by Ozz - 2010/03/06 07:57:51

Sonar Platinum, Win 10 Pro 64, Intel i7 4770K, 16GB DDR3 1600, 1 x 250GB SSD, 2 x 2TB SATA, Roland OctaCapture, Roland XP-30 (Controller only), Shure KSM-44, Rode NT-1, Shure SM57, Numerous Guitar Amp sims, Komplete 6/7, Alchemy, Custom built guitar, Carvin Amplifiers.
joncognition
  • Total Posts : 167
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 09:38:17 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia

Nobody found anything about single amp models?  Hmmm... people were REALLY interested in that sort of thing pre-release.  And now that we said we'd do a Pignose and Small Clone, I wonder how we'd release those? :)

The manual says that in the near future we'll be able to purchase "singles" on-demand.

Will this only be additional amps for Amplitube3 or will it be possible for people who don't own Amplitube 3 to buy these?

I'd love to be able to hand pick a few amps from Amplitube 3 without having to buy the entire thing.

Sonar 8.5 Producer Edition 64-bit
Intel i7 860 w 6GB RAM, Windows 7 64-bit
E-mu 0404 USB audio interface / Tascam VL-X5 monitors
craigfowler
  • Total Posts : 356
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 13:11:57 (permalink)
I'd like to know this too; Honestly, I have A2, Fender, Metal, Hendrix and SVX, so at this point, a huge package that duplicates much of what I have isn't a sensible buy. On the other hand, tell me I can download the Trace Elliot for $25 and I'm there.

What would also be nice is a bass package that's not tied to a specific manufacturer. Something with a nice selection of Traces, Edens, Ashdowns and SWRs would be quite lovely and would get me to part with my money a bit easier.
superbirch
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 14:47:27 (permalink)
craigfowler

Something with a nice selection of Traces, Edens, Ashdowns and SWRs would be quite lovely and would get me to part with my money a bit easier.

If only.....

post edited by superbirch - 2010/03/06 14:49:12
Ozz
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 20:24:02 (permalink)
Did anyone purchase the audiomidi Amplitube 3 "upgrade from the no-brainer Amplitube live" deal?  They call it an upgrade....but on other sites, the qualifying products to own for the upgrade package don't include Amplitube 2 Live.

I have decided to take the plunge and  just want to make sure before dropping the cash, that it's just an extra special "upgrade" deal from audiomidi, and not a misprint!

So...if anyone bought the Amp 2 Live (I did) from Audiomidi, and then Amp 3 from audiomidi...could ya let me know if everything worked ok?

Thanks!

z1812
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 21:42:58 (permalink)
Hi All,

I may be broadcasting old news.............but it is new to me. I thought I would share in case some wanted to try this.

It occured to me that it may be interesting to use GuitarRig4 and Amplitude3 together. So I loaded both on one track's effects bin. That did not seem to work well.

Then I loaded each on their own track and initiated echo thru. Yipes, some cool sounds blending different patches and arrangements together. It gives a lot of dimension to a sound.

Regards John
post edited by z1812 - 2010/03/06 21:45:17
Ozz
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/06 22:26:17 (permalink)
Hi John,

I tried the same thing with Amplitube 3 and Acmegig Shred....for the dirty amps, it was pretty darned nice.  I had some SERIOUS distortion....

And you are right....I ended up putting each on their own separate track, as well.

superbirch
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/03/07 04:01:42 (permalink)
Ozz

Did anyone purchase the audiomidi Amplitube 3 "upgrade from the no-brainer Amplitube live" deal?  They call it an upgrade....but on other sites, the qualifying products to own for the upgrade package don't include Amplitube 2 Live.

I have decided to take the plunge and  just want to make sure before dropping the cash, that it's just an extra special "upgrade" deal from audiomidi, and not a misprint!

So...if anyone bought the Amp 2 Live (I did) from Audiomidi, and then Amp 3 from audiomidi...could ya let me know if everything worked ok?

Thanks!

Hi

I bought the no brainer Amplitube Live fromn AudioMidi and then Amplitube from IK web. No issues at all, just didn't fancy shelling $200 on a website that to be fair is too good to be true.

In fairness though, AudioMidi stuff came through without any issue at all.

HTH

SB
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/04/02 07:17:48 (permalink)
Well a broke my rule about no getting anymore major 32 bit plugins. I guess I was doomed as soon as i down loaded the Amplitude 3 demo and received a decent upgrade price based on the Amplitude live no brainer I bought from Audiomidi.

I think it's pretty good marketing to release a 100% fully functioning demo. By the time the 10 days demo period were up Amplitude 3 was an essential part of three or four large song fragments and I just had to get the credit card out.

I am liking it a lot and have been putting Realstrat, the NI Scarbee basses and the Yellowtools electric pianos through it to great effect. It's one of those inspirational plug ins, get the sound and ideas start falling into place.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Legion
Re:Amplitube 3 ready to go! 2010/04/02 14:52:58 (permalink)
3.01 update out now with improved sound on some models and improved stability in Sonar (haven't tried it yet but I think the slicer etc will work now)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1