Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY?

Author
barkett
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5
2006/04/10 00:22:11 (permalink)

Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY?

I am new at this and haven't worked out all the kinks yet. I can't get Amplitube and all the other GP3 effects to work at all. (yes, I registered). They just don't show up! The little blue box lists them as being applied but, NO EFFECTS! What gives? Incidentally, I play through a Line 6 Tone Port UX2. It has "gearbox" with some effects and amp models that do work. I have tried disabling them to make the Amplitube and GP3 effects work and that had no effect. Thanks for any advice you can give!!

7 Replies Related Threads

THERAKED
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 283
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/10 00:28:30 (permalink)
    I don't know anything about Amplitude, but if you've got Gearbox, do you really need more?
    barkett
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/10 01:00:48 (permalink)
    Probably not, except the Amplitube package came with the purchase of the GP3 and I'd like to try the effects that are actually part of the Cakewalk GP3 program itself . . .
    Jamz0r
    Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1725
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/10 01:38:30 (permalink)
    You run the effects in the light blue effects bin, yet they don't work?

Or...

They are greyed out or not on the available list at all?

Maybe you should run the VST Adapter to make sure they are all working properly.
    You'll find it in your start menu.

RavenHawk
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 97
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/10 11:11:04 (permalink)
    From my understanding the Amplitube LE which comes with GTP3 is a add on effect. In other words you play your song and record then you go back and add the effects it doesnt play live. Not real sure on that but I believe thats right. I use a Lx1200 Vamp Vampire a `120 watt head with Vamp pro built in. I do all my effects through it and record eith with my 16 track Boss or through GTP3 Depending on what Im doing. If I use my Boss I do all my mixing in GTP3. I have other software but dont do midi stuff so GTP3 gives me all I need.............Hope this helps
    tmossman
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 65
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/11 14:24:47 (permalink)
    If your computer is good enough (cpu, ram, etc) you can use Amplitube LE and listen while you play/record.

First make sure you can hear the guitar without Amplitube. Once you have that working, right click on the blue box (bin) and select Amplitube. At this point you may only notice that your guitar is noisier, adjust the gate knob clicking on it and dragging the mouse up or down (for up or down respectively) until the red light comes on next to the knob. Now to the effects...

The easiest but most limiting way to get effects is to select a preset from the drop down menu. The better way is to adjust the various controls until you find the sound you like. Remember to click and drag to manipulate the controls. Note: some areas on the control panel must be switched on first as well (overdrive, delay, etc.).

I upgraded to V1 and now to V2 of Amplitube and really love it. I can play with just 2ms of delay and have more tones and effects than I would ever have purchased as separate components. More importantly I can switch from one effect to another with two clicks of a mouse.

Todd M

Sonar Platinum, ASRock Z77 Exteme4, i2600k, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra 8r
    Beowulf
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/15 10:27:11 (permalink)
    I have this same problem....the effects are all grey...you can't even select them at all. Not in the Process menu, nor in the box on each channel. I contacted GTP support, and they said to reinstall the fxs only. This didn't help. My VST is working fine. I have used all these effects in the past just fine, especially laying down the tracks and hearing your sound live. No one seems to know a solution, but if you do....I'll buy you a cup of whatever you're having!!!

Rich
    wrightg
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Amplitube and other effects won't work?? WHY? 2006/04/30 08:29:41 (permalink)
    Open up Guitar Tracks Pro 3 just right click on the light blue square on any track under 'trim' copy the digital ID then go to www.ikmultimedia.com & register with serial number of amplitube & digital Id .This will give you the authorisation code to activate Amplitube . The instructions for all this come in the box with Guitar Tracks Pro on a yellow card ! I guess you must haver thrown it away .
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1