Another boring crash story!

Author
Erik_O
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 114
2011/01/01 09:41:06 (permalink)

Another boring crash story!

I've got a plug in-related problem with several versions of SONAR, that seems to follow me no matter what I do. The problem occurs whenever I open any project that has been saved and closed with  the visual representation of a 3rd party or Cakewalk plug in open.
This is what happens :

When I open a project, SONAR will load all plug in-samples, the track view (or whatever view was active when I  closed the project) appears, the visual representation (in lack of other words ) will be blanc white, SONAR crashes and I get a blue screen with the Page_Fault_In_Non_Paged_Area  -  message.

As I have indicated, this is not happening only in SONAR X1, it's been a problem since around SONAR 3 as far as I remember. I've got the same experience with two completely different systems, including computer, monitor (screen), OS and audio interface. When SONAR X1 was released, and the problem continued, I decided to format the c-drive (and partitions) and reinstall everything (SONAR and 3rd party plug ins). I also decided not to import any old projects and simply start from scratch. But still : crash!

To get the crashing project up and running again, I have to reboot in save mode, open the project and close all plug in windows (ah, I just found those other words ), save/close and reboot the computer in normal mode.

I have search for that error message on Google and in this forum and allthough it's a well known message, I can't seem to relate other peoples experiences with my own setup. I found this thread in the forum that didn't really help much, but it shows that  this problem is not new and definitely not related especially to SONAR X1.

I'm afraid I'm running out of ideas. Could someone please help ?

My "new" system (1 year old) with updated drivers and software versions:

Acer Aspire M7721
Intel Core i7
12 GB DDR 3 RAM
Windows 7 64 bit
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 285
Presonus Firebox - audio interface
SONAR producer 32 bit
3rd party Plug ins that I almost always use:
Trilian Bass
Superior Drummer 2
Amplitube 3
B4 II

Kind regards and thanks in advance from...
Erik

Erik Oberg

Sonar is good. Sonar works!

1 Reply Related Threads

Erik_O
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 114
    Re:Another boring crash story! 2011/01/01 14:26:57 (permalink)
    No one else with this experience ? Seems like I have to contact the support team then.

Erik Oberg

Sonar is good. Sonar works!

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1