Another simple question

Author
celius
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 106
2011/01/01 05:47:03 (permalink)

Another simple question

Of course I'm missing something really easy to do. Is it possible to have different snap to grid option for the clip pane (for which, most of the times, I use snap to measures) and for piano roll (for which I usually use 1/16)?

Thanks for your help!

Visit my sites:
www.synthevolution.com and www.aegilium-music.com

Celius

3 Replies Related Threads

Crg
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 7719
    Re:Another simple question 2011/01/01 08:59:15 (permalink)
    There's already a thread going on this subject. It seems the Snap to grid settings are now global for all veiws.

Craig DuBuc
    codamedia
    Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1185
    Re:Another simple question 2011/01/01 09:26:32 (permalink)
    Screen sets is your friend in this case.

Snap to Grid is global, but its setting is stored in screen sets. If you have your clip pane stored as a screen set, then the piano roll stored as a separate screen set you simply swap between them with a number key. The sets can even look identicle if you really want.

A lot of people can't wrap their heads around screen sets - but I find them extremely fast and flexible, way better than "layouts" of versions past (just my opinion - others will certainly disagree)
    celius
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 106
    Re:Another simple question 2011/01/01 15:39:22 (permalink)
    codamedia

Screen sets is your friend in this case.

Snap to Grid is global, but its setting is stored in screen sets. If you have your clip pane stored as a screen set, then the piano roll stored as a separate screen set you simply swap between them with a number key. The sets can even look identicle if you really want.

A lot of people can't wrap their heads around screen sets - but I find them extremely fast and flexible, way better than "layouts" of versions past (just my opinion - others will certainly disagree)

Thanks, codamedia, this is a very neat workaround. I'll do it. In any case, I will suggest it as a feature request to Cakewalk because it should be implemented without your workaround.

Visit my sites:
    www.synthevolution.com and www.aegilium-music.com

Celius
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1