Any Chance Dim Pro 2 will have Giga Import?

Author
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
2012/10/03 16:23:59 (permalink)

Any Chance Dim Pro 2 will have Giga Import?

I know this is a pipe dream...

But it would make my life a lot easier of Dim Pro had an update that allowed it to load Giga Libraries...

This has been my most common need for a Sample player as things I depend on come from that library... (My Will Lee Basses!)

I long ago found a work-around using VSampler which converts the Giga lib when loaded and it works for the most part but it has trouble with the loops on many keys... If I use the VSampler Editor and tell it to play the sample, the loop plays perfectly, but when the actual key is pressed on the keyboard it belches when it reaches the loop... I thought it was in the sample at first, but after managing to load it in LinuxSampler, I found it played the loop perfectly!....

Of course, This problem only exiists on a select few notes such as Low D, E, and A (that I remember for sure)... <sigh>

Don't mind me... I'm just dreaming...

Keni

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1

1 Reply Related Threads

Fog
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12302
    Re:Any Chance Dim Pro 2 will have Giga Import? 2012/10/03 20:53:05 (permalink)
    treat yaself to kontakt and blame tascam for "messing" up

can't see dim pro updating it, because they might as well go for a full blown sampler in that case..

you could always try using extreme sample converter *BUT* not all gig files will convert 100%

don't use the format, so can't comment on it too much.

Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1