Any Help?

Author
badnnationwide
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
2005/11/02 20:35:20 (permalink)

Any Help?

Hi. I've been busy, I recorded about four or five CD's worth of Jazz/ Fusion material using MC2 that's pretty decent. I was wondering if anyone knew any names or addresses of anyone that could help me sell this stuff to a record company.

Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

Joe Bravo
    Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1870
    RE: Any Help? 2005/11/03 17:50:54 (permalink)
    Well I can't help but reply something to a fellow jazz/fusion dude. I personally think good music's gonna come back in style before too long. I think however that this is one area where the Internet might actually be good for something besides wasting time. There are very few independent radio stations anymore. Wherever you go in the country you'll find the exact same kinds of stations in the exact same places on the dial playing the exact same horrible songs day after day. Just a few big conglomerates own almost all the stations now. And a good percentage of them are owned by a parent company that also owns record labels. Suffice to say, they're going to play their own artists. Why they seem bent on catering to adolescent minds is beyond me unless perhaps the people in the suits are dumb enough to like Madonna/Brittany Spears/Hip Hop crap and so forth. It wouldn't surprise me if they do.

There's nothing we can do to get airplay with them. That's why I think its gonna take a push from Internet radio to get things rolling. That's what the Internet SHOULD be about, promoting the good things in life that the masses don't know about. So far these Pod Casters have been run by kids pushing the same dribble we already know. But I believe that tasteful good thinking adults will get into the act before long when they realize that the half of the world that has an above average IQ needs music too, and they sure aren't getting it now. Be patient because its gonna happen.
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1