Helpful ReplyAny news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3?

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Bajan Blue
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2029
2014/08/26 16:57:32 (permalink)

Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3?

Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3?
Thanks
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/26 17:25:09 (permalink)
I was wondering the same thing this morning...
cclarry
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 20964
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/26 17:29:55 (permalink)
I'm seriously biting my tongue...and it hurts....

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/26 17:35:40 (permalink)
I would hope that IK gives those who ordered box version some kind of perk.  At the very least they should offer download version and send box when available.
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/26 18:59:16 (permalink)
Cricket, Cricket, ~ sigh ~ Cricket, Cricket.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
lawajava
  • Total Posts : 2040
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/26 20:05:40 (permalink)
cclarry, thanks for holding it together.

I'm a boxed set awaiter as well. They said "approx near the end of Aug" which is getting closer now.

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
IK Obi
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1549
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 12:18:48 (permalink)
We are looking at early September for the Boxed Sets shipping! :)

No longer with IK. Here is my WebsiteTwitterYouTube | Facebook | Instagram

yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 13:05:43 (permalink)
This September?

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
cclarry
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 13:12:40 (permalink)
yorolpal
This September?

dubdisciple
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 14:35:56 (permalink)
IK Obi

Seriously, Obi?  You would think you guys would have learned your lesson on giving out dates when you are obviously not sure.  As much as i think some people go overboard with the venom, stuff like this does not help. If IK has not already done so, offer everyone who purchased box version  a download version so they can start using and just ship when it is available.  In addition give them a free expansion pack or two for their troubles.  Sometimes you just take the loss and start rebuilding trust.  It's a good product, better than I thought it would be to be honest and with a few patches it can be even better.  You are never going to regain the people who are over the top irrational when it comes to their hate but they are going to sit on the sidelines taking every dig they can and you are helping.
cclarry
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 16:30:23 (permalink)
dubdisciple
IK Obi

Seriously, Obi?  You would think you guys would have learned your lesson on giving out dates when you are obviously not sure.  As much as i think some people go overboard with the venom, stuff like this does not help. If IK has not already done so, offer everyone who purchased box version  a download version so they can start using and just ship when it is available.  In addition give them a free expansion pack or two for their troubles.  Sometimes you just take the loss and start rebuilding trust.  It's a good product, better than I thought it would be to be honest and with a few patches it can be even better.  You are never going to regain the people who are over the top irrational when it comes to their hate but they are going to sit on the sidelines taking every dig they can and you are helping.

Dub, you somehow seriously misunderstand the "venom".  No one hates IK products.  
We hate IK BUSINESS POLICY AND LACK OF CUSTOMER SUPPORT!  

This has been CLEARLY stated repeatedly.  And THIS 
further shows WHY.  We have been dealing with issues like
this for over 10 years.

Multiply that by over 10 years of  REPEATED "PROMISE" and "FAIL" with
SampleTank 2 ....and you'll get a clearer understanding of the venom.

And YET, those of us who invested THOUSANDS of dollars into ST 2, and got ZERO support
for 5 years were entitled to NOTHING by all the "logic" that was spouted.

As was stated (by many)  "They DON'T OWE you anything!"  YOU got what you paid for!  
They're the company. They can do what they want.  They don't even have to support 
the product at all!

Those who decided on the boxed product instead of the download, by that LOGIC, should be more then content to WAIT until such time as the "all mighty corporate entity" who owes them NOTHING, decides they should get it, AND
should expect NOTHING for their grief!

This was stated so many times, by so many people, it makes me LAUGH OUT LOUD to see this
happening!!!  (Who also happened to be the people who bought ST 2 instruments at pennies on the dollar RECENTLY and were so eager to get ST 3)

And NOW that the shoe is on the other foot want to cry foul! And it's only been a MONTH!!!

IMO, it is a "mediocre" product at best, and most definitely not worth the asking price.  
And I own just about EVERYTHING IK, and have used it extensively.

I hate to gloat..but it's REALLY hard not too...thanks for the kindling IK...

I tried to keep it under control...but this just sent me over the edge...
When I had a problem with "5 years late"  I was told to shut up, but now 
ST 3 is "one month late" and they want to cry foul and "you should give
them something to rebuild trust"  But 5 years of no support for the product, to people who paid
THOUSANDS, doesn't count for a hill of beans, and they don't owe you anything?

WOW...what universe do I live in?

dubdisciple
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 16:55:52 (permalink)
Jebus on stick..give it a rest! It's very odd that you just stated you have said something repeatedly and then go on to repeat the same thing. Nobody has claimed IK was in the right.  Because you have a valid complaint (even though it technically doesn't concern you since you have not ordered product)doesn't make any of the lunacy you have posted any more valid:

https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/composition-division

You lose me and most people once you go on that tinfoil hat gibberish.  You STILL have not explained how you lost even one cent. You paid for a product, got what you paid for, used it for years and somehow think you are owed something. If IK delays releasing a product they are hurtng themselves more than anyone. Now you are gloating about some false victory that is not a victory for anyone involved.  The only provable facts with the delay are 1) product is delayed.  2) Nobody has been charged for it from IK.  IK is screwing themselves but no lives are being lost. using something like this to somehow justify bizarre rants just seems like a total disconnect.  The fact that you make it a habit to blowup regularly over a product you have made clear you have no intention on buying shows a level of malice that is just not healthy.  There are plenty of companies that have done worse to me than not deliver a product on time and I don't have a fraction of the rage you exhibit and certainly would not hop from thread to thread posting the same rant repeatedly.  At least make it more efficient and just point a link to one. 
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 17:45:49 (permalink)
I'm just happy that I accepted the download offer, from Sweetwater, instead of waiting for the boxed version I originally ordered. I would be beyond unhappy right now...  

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 18:00:06 (permalink)
I was offered the download and chose to wait - my credit card hasn't been charged.

I'm good for now...
tKx5050
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 221
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/27 19:36:49 (permalink)
I'm not good about it. I cancelled.

Steve

Sonar Platinum, Quad-Capture, I7-3770, 32Gb
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/08/28 10:24:41 (permalink)
Sorry to hear that.

On another note, we have the free version available now for those that would like to demo SampleTank 3 available in your IK User Area or by clicking the Download button on the SampleTank 3 product page at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/
Bajan Blue
  • Total Posts : 2029
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/11 14:24:00 (permalink)
Hi
As I'm travelling at the moment I had lost touch a little with the SampleTank 3 Boxed situation - any news on a date of release yet?
Nigel

Nigel
Check out the first single from our new Album, On Top of the World
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLVCOeTcTc

Check out our latest videos on
http://www.youtube.com/user/DevineLie/videos

Check out our website
www.devinelie.com

IK Obi
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/11 14:30:26 (permalink)
Bajan Blue
Hi
As I'm travelling at the moment I had lost touch a little with the SampleTank 3 Boxed situation - any news on a date of release yet?
Nigel

As of today they are in transit. So, now shipping! :D

lawajava
  • Total Posts : 2040
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/11 21:11:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby IK Obi 2014/09/11 21:25:55
IK Obi
Bajan Blue
Hi
Nigel

As of today they are in transit. So, now shipping! :D

I received a notification today that my boxed set is on its way!

Two internal 2TB SSDs laptop stuffed with Larry's deals and awesome tools. Studio One is the cat's meow as a DAW now that I've migrated off of Sonar. Using BandLab Cakewalk just to grab old files when migrating songs.
rtucker55
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2177
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/11 21:19:34 (permalink)
That is Great News, I'm happy to hear that you guys are going to get your stuff soon.

Purrrfect Audio DAW here.  Wow!...
Fleer
  • Total Posts : 8715
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:14:55 (permalink)
See quote underneath
Fleer
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:16:24 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia
Sorry to hear that.

On another note, we have the free version available now for those that would like to demo SampleTank 3 available in your IK User Area or by clicking the Download button on the SampleTank 3 product page at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/sampletank3/

What I don't understand is why this free version of Sampletank 3 does not play Miroslav although this was explicitly promised some time ago, reason why people still bought those 32-bit banks.
IK Obi
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:19:45 (permalink)
It was promised in the full version of SampleTank 3.

This SampleTank 3 FREE focuses on SampleTank 3 features and its core library. Not our legacy libraries. You can import them in the full version, but SampleTank 3 FREE should be considered a demo version of SampleTank 3.

Fleer
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:24:00 (permalink)
IK Obi
It was promised in the full version of SampleTank 3.

This SampleTank 3 FREE focuses on SampleTank 3 features and its core library. Not our legacy libraries. You can import them in the full version, but SampleTank 3 FREE should be considered a demo version of SampleTank 3.

And I quote:

"IK Multimedia Technical SupportDear Mike ##########,
Our customer support team has replied to your support request ##########

Hello Mike,

Thanks for your email.

We appreciate your recent purchase! Sorry to hear of the frustrations expressed here.

To be clear, Miroslav Philharmonik is a native 32 bit software but can still be installed to a 64 bit system. The Specs page provides the requirements for your system, either 32 or 64 bit, that Miroslav can function on.

On a 64 bit system, Miroslav can certainly be installed and used as standalone, which loads as 32 bit. If you are using in a DAW that is 64 bit, the plugin can still be used via a bit bridge.

For current usage in Logic, you should see Miroslav appear as a 32 bit instrument for use.

The move to a fully native 64 bit version will take place when we release SampleTank 3, as Miroslav will not be receiving updates in the future. For users in your position, a free version of SampleTank 3 will be the solution to move into native 64 bit realm.

Thanks.Paul Hudson Service / Support Manager IK Multimedia. Musicians First. email: paul.hudson@ikmultimedia.com"
Fleer
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:25:48 (permalink)
More particularly:

"... For users in your position, a free version of SampleTank 3 will be the solution to move into native 64 bit realm. ... "
IK Obi
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:26:53 (permalink)
That is still correct:

The move to a fully native 64 bit version will take place when we release SampleTank 3, as Miroslav will not be receiving updates in the future. For users in your position, a free version of SampleTank 3 will be the solution to move into native 64 bit realm.

No where did the Support Manager state that you'd get a free 64 bit player for Miroslav, but you'd get a free version of SampleTank 3 to move into the 64 bit realm. Of course you are more than welcome to take that up with our Support Team since you already have the ticket created and email address as well.
post edited by IK Obi - 2014/09/12 00:32:56

Fleer
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:43:37 (permalink)
Well, my dear Obi, that wasn't me. I just got the full quote from the web (http://mikesstudio.wordpr...nd-at-christmas-too/).

But I have to grant you this: you're even better at playing with words than poor-old-lawyer-me.

If you read what your support manager wrote as a whole, and not only your text selection, you will see that he promised that the free version of Sampletank 3 (like before with ST2) would provide the solution to use Miroslav in the 64-bit realm. See my full quote above.
IK Obi
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 00:56:50 (permalink)
Fair enough, I read the link (Broken, for good reason once I realized what the word was that was edited out. So, Kudos Cakewalk!) and noticed this was from 2012.

This is back when SampleTank 3 was still in development. Not a final or released product. Changes happen during development. Not everyone on our team was even allowed to know all of the details to keep the Development team focused on the project at hand.

We corrected the mistake about specs on the website from this ticket and offer help, through these tickets. They are not meant to be public, or to be considered a binding contract, especially for a product that wasn't released yet.

But this whole conversation is based on a private conversation between two people who are not us. You are more than welcome to take this up with the same Support that is linked on that page if you feel the need to.

Fleer
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 01:03:07 (permalink)
Will do so, Obi. You guys make great stuff. But you know ... lawyers are a strange breed when text is involved. Would be great if you could solve this for me, as I want to use Miroslav in ST3 but do not wish to purchase the full app only for that purpose. Thanks for confirming.
Cheers.
Fleer
IK Obi
Re: Any news for release date on boxed version Sampletank 3? 2014/09/12 01:04:58 (permalink)
Exactly why I directed you to support where they can work with you.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1