Helpful ReplyAny suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback?

Author
cwestmont
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 379
2011/08/30 11:25:58 (permalink)

Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback?

Write more interesting music, perhaps?  

My latest song posting was met by the sound of crickets.  Maybe I should have called it 'Sex Bomb in Your Pants' or something. 

Seriously though, I am relatively new to the 'Songs' forum, so there may be nuances and/or implicit etiquette that I am missing.  Any tips?  Are there other forums outside of Cakewalk that have more active listener feedback?

On a mildly related topic, I see that most posters use SoundClick versus SoundCloud -- is there any strong argument to switch from SoundCloud? 

I would really like to take this music thing up to the 'next level'...but if I can't swim in the shallow end of the pool (i.e., the 'safe' environs of this forum), there's no reason to push off into the deeper end.

Obviously, thanks in advance for any feedback!

My music:
Hummingbird Cinema (vocal tracks, covers and remixes)
Mosaic Manifesto  (remixes and instrumentals)
"If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"- Shantideva

One can acquire everything in solitude - except character. -- Marie Henri Beyle

Windows 7
Intel Core i7-4770 3.4 GHz
8 GigaBytes DRAM
Sonar X3
Roland QuadCapture
RLD
Max Output Level: -55.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1990
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 11:41:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
When you post a song, comment on 5 tunes from others.
That usually gets the ball rolling. 
No How
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5180
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 11:50:19 (permalink)
I send cash to folks to get them to listen....and i'm going to have to start raising their pay.

s o n g s

– Beauty lodged in a bad hotel has no value.  Raymond Lull
cwestmont
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 11:53:01 (permalink)
Good stuff, RLD --> Break is over, we go surfing now or play some good music!

My music:
"If you can solve your problem, then what is the need of worrying? If you cannot solve it, then what is the use of worrying?"- Shantideva

Windows 7
8 GigaBytes DRAM
Sonar X3
Roland QuadCapture
MannyNY
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 732
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 12:00:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
I think they’re teasing you. This is a really nice track. Moody, creative and lots of really nice changes in the underlying chords.  Love the piano. Not sure what to say about  “improving this” . I think it’s great just the way it is.
No How
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 12:13:44 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
C,

I've been listening to the first 3...all excellent stuff.  I'm on track 4 and have not lost interest at all.   Fine arranging and mix.    Lot's of tasty stuff here.  I'll let you know my fave when finished.

s o n g s

cwestmont
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 12:25:00 (permalink)
Thanks Manny.  I checked out the tunes on your website -- I think my teenage daughters could take the lyrics of 'Ducky' to heart.  I like really like the words of 'Somewhere South', too.  Great messages, very thoughtful.  I heard a long radio review of Neil Young's stuff over the weekend -- I can definitely see his influences at work for you. 
MannyNY

I think they’re teasing you. This is a really nice track. Moody, creative and lots of really nice changes in the underlying chords.  Love the piano. Not sure what to say about  “improving this” . I think it’s great just the way it is.

My music:

Windows 7
8 GigaBytes DRAM
Sonar X3
Roland QuadCapture
mgh
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8594
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 12:33:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
roughly i get 1 post for every 15-20 listens, and i play some extreme metal...but i have been posting on here for a few years, and i tend to post on others stuff fairly frequently. that is the key - a lot of people will reciprocate your actions. another tip is to get involved in other forums, such as the coffee house, to get your name known. and no, do not switch from soundcloud - it's much better than soundclick!

Memorare debut album 'Philistine' available now http://blackwoodproductio...philistine-digipack-cd
No How
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 12:52:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
I listened to your first page.  Nice mix.   I really liked the bluesy piece and the Logos piece most of all.  (THe Morcheba remix was very nice also.)

s o n g s

cwestmont
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 13:01:29 (permalink)
Thanks, Mark -- I should have patience, in other words. 

I listened to your memorare Soundcloud page -- holy smokes, man!  You must have blisters on your fingers!  Intense.

My music:

Windows 7
8 GigaBytes DRAM
Sonar X3
Roland QuadCapture
cwestmont
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 13:10:28 (permalink)
Thanks, No How.  I originally posted that Morcheeba remix under an older project name (Code Sublime) and somehow it caught on...mostly in Turkey, of all places.  Over 2,000 listens and max'd out the downloads.  I have no idea how that happened. 

I like the 'reckless gents' page on SoundClick.  Good matching of the album art to each song. 
post edited by cwestmont - 2011/08/30 14:21:39

My music:

Windows 7
8 GigaBytes DRAM
Sonar X3
Roland QuadCapture
thepogue
Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2458
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 16:05:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpful
well... to answer your first question.....I would suggest

Listen, Post and Interact.....

IMHO the more you do the above the more people will have an interest in what you have to say "musically speaking"

Now to the tune...that was a very special piece!...I kinda lingered a bit lonfer than my OCD would allow but you've got a fantasitc touch!

Nice job!

cwestmont
Re:Any suggestions about how I can generate more listens and/or feedback? 2011/08/30 21:20:05 (permalink)
thepogue

well... to answer your first question.....I would suggest

Listen, Post and Interact.....

IMHO the more you do the above the more people will have an interest in what you have to say "musically speaking"

Now to the tune...that was a very special piece!...I kinda lingered a bit lonfer than my OCD would allow but you've got a fantasitc touch!

Nice job!

Thanks Tom, on both counts.  I am really intrigued by this forum, so following your advice should be easy.  Thanks for the comments on the tune as well -- it counts for a lot.

My music:

Windows 7
8 GigaBytes DRAM
Sonar X3
Roland QuadCapture
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1